• 2 Post By Iowa #1603
  • 2 Post By dollingers
  • 1 Post By T-A-H-O-E
  • 1 Post By dc140
  • 2 Post By Maverick1701

Thread: TASER + rain question

Forum Member

TASER + rain question

I got to work an accident in pouring rain this afternoon. Didn't think about it until just now when I got home, but I did a spark test on my TASER and nothing. Has anyone had this issue? If so, is the TASER done, or will it dry out and work again? Our armorer, who is in charge on TASER maintenance, won't be back to work until Tuesday, so getting another one issued for this weekend isn't very likely. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

TASER + Rain Question

Is this an X26? What does it show for battery life?

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by dc140 View Post
    I got to work an accident in pouring rain this afternoon. Didn't think about it until just now when I got home, but I did a spark test on my TASER and nothing. Has anyone had this issue? If so, is the TASER done, or will it dry out and work again? Our armorer, who is in charge on TASER maintenance, won't be back to work until Tuesday, so getting another one issued for this weekend isn't very likely. Thanks in advance.
    Take the battery out.....................wipe everything out and use a hair dryer to make sure it is completely dry.

Then try to re-seat the battery and see if it works
    Code10-15 and HI629 like this.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Take the battery out.....................wipe everything out and use a hair dryer to make sure it is completely dry.

This is what I was thinking. Make sure your policy allows you to do that yourself (mine doesn't).

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    This is what I was thinking. Make sure your policy allows you to do that yourself (mine doesn't).
    You're not allowed to replace the battery?

Forum Member

How about one of those aerosol dust sprays that they use to clean computer keyboards. You could keep a one in your locker.

Forum Member

put in a bag of rice if the hair dryer does not work. I use to work on a lake and we would submerge them a lot. wont work like new but it will get you through the weekend.
    Iowa #1603 and HI629 like this.

Forum Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try taking the battery out to see if that helps. The battery went from 80 yesterday to 69 this morning.

Forum Member
    Do you carry the extra cartridge holder ? The one that attaches to the bottom of the battery? If so there is a rubber gasket that goes in between the extra holder and the butt of the taser. Getting the taser wet can cause this gasket the move around. If you just take the taser and smack the bottom of it against the palm of your hand it will re-seed this gasket, problem solved. Eventually the gasket needs to get changed out, by your dept taser guy
    HI629 likes this.
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God

Matthew 5:9

Forum Member

Thanks TAHOE, that's what I have and between taking everything apart and trying your trick, it seems to be working now. Luckily I didn't need it this weekend.
    Iowa #1603 likes this.

Max Rockatansky

^ this works well...In our taser class the instructor mentioned using a bag of rice to help bring out the moisture (like we do with cell phones that get dropped in water) but I have yet to give it a try with the taser.
    Last edited by Maverick1701; 05-29-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Iowa #1603 and HI629 like this.
    Chris
    STEAM ID: MrManslaughter
    XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif