Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FNA209

Thread: Food Stamps run out in Georgia

Food Stamps run out in Georgia

Lady stands in line for six hours because "food stamps unexpectedly ran out for her six children..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ufk7IXdxc-c

I'm surprised it stayed as calm as it did down there in Clanton.

Of course not one of those in line had an ounce of food at home- no rice, beans or flour, or any cheap nutritious food they could actually cook for themselves. Not that they probably actually cook meals from basic ingredients to begin with.

Also none of them have jobs and no concept of how to actually work at one anyway. They are the epitome of the entitlement crowd and have been living off the gov't's tit for years.

But don't worry, your taxes will continue to pay for the mess the country is in.
    Cannady likes this.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

I could care less about the lady, but I could never condone letting her children starve. They aren't to blame.
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

btw, that video is from 2011.
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Wesker View Post
    I could care less about the lady, but I could never condone letting her children starve. They aren't to blame.
    Then she shouldn't have them.

Forum Member
    City of New York, County of Kings & Queens
    If you can't support them, don't have them. The Government aint your babies daddy (ies)!

Got a woman in town who has four kids. At least one guy fathered two of them so Father's Day isn't as complicated as it would be if it was a four-way split.

Anyway, she rides the entitlement highway and also uses the local church food bank I donate to. I was there a few weeks back dropping off food, and she was there.

We had a brief interaction and she said she was upset because most of what she got last time was mainly a few bags of beans and some rice. She went on to say it's a real PITA to cook that stuff.

She also noticed I was dropping off two boxes of canned goods and said she hoped I had 'some good stuff in the boxes." About made me put them back in the trunk of the car... but I didn't.

I also didn't call her a piece of white trash... although that urge was harder to stop than the urge to take the food back home.

She drives an older Pontiac and I notice that car parked at the liquor store regularly as I drive by.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cannady View Post
    Then she shouldn't have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLDPD View Post
    If you can't support them, don't have them. The Government aint your babies daddy (ies)!
    I agree with you, they shouldn't have them if they can't support them, but we don't live in the "Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda" world. We have to deal with the situation that exists right now. In this situation right now, we have young children, who through no fault of their own have dead beat parents who can not/will not support them.

So I ask you, are you suggesting that we take away perhaps the only source of food/shelter/safety/security for these children? Or are you going to throw up another useless one liner about how these kids shouldn't have even been born?

Forum Member
    City of New York, County of Kings & Queens
    Al- if your happy and content with picking up the slack, then please feel free to preach , adopt and donate more then your usual tax revenue. If my taxes have to go pay for these children then so be it, however what's my return on this investment? Al-then what is your solution to this parenting-child problem? How are we going to the hold the parents accountable?

South central escapee... DOAcop38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FNA209 View Post
    Lady stands in line for six hours because "food stamps unexpectedly ran out for her six children..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ufk7IXdxc-c

I'm surprised it stayed as calm as it did down there in Clanton.

Whhaaaaa...? Isn't Georgia a "prosperous RED STATE", without the lefty liberal burdens of UNIONS and OVERREGULATIONS???? Aren't there "jobs a plenty" and all the good ol' american opportunities of southern living'??? BTW- the gov't no longer issues "food stamps". And sadly its the "red states" that SUCK more of the tax dollar for social aid than the blue states, since they can't be concerned with helping the needy( which means its the "evil federal gov'ts" responsiblity)

Of course not one of those in line had an ounce of food at home- no rice, beans or flour, or any cheap nutritious food they could actually cook for themselves. Not that they probably actually cook meals from basic ingredients to begin with.

Also none of them have jobs and no concept of how to actually work at one anyway. They are the epitome of the entitlement crowd and have been living off the gov't's tit for years.

But don't worry, your taxes will continue to pay for the mess the country is in.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Wesker View Post
    I agree with you, they shouldn't have them if they can't support them, but we don't live in the "Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda" world. We have to deal with the situation that exists right now. In this situation right now, we have young children, who through no fault of their own have dead beat parents who can not/will not support them.

So I ask you, are you suggesting that we take away perhaps the only source of food/shelter/safety/security for these children? Or are you going to throw up another useless one liner about how these kids shouldn't have even been born?
    My comment wasn't that they shouldn't have been born. It was that she shouldn't have those children. If she can't take care of them and the government is forced to, then she should have her children taken until she reaches a point in her life where she can take responsibility for her actions and take care of her children. If that never happens then the children were probably better off not living with her anyway.

Forum Member
    About 6 months ago I went to a noise complaint and spoke with the offender who was quite intoxicated. The dude got lippy with me and then complained about his neighbors always calling the cops. I suggested he move (to a different county with any luck) and he said he couldn't afford a different place with only his disability check. He was about 35 years old and appeared to be in good physical shape. I asked him what his disability was and he replied ADHD. I almost lost it...

I would never let a child go cold or hungry and understand there are people with legit disabilites that prevent them from working, but a 35 year old able bodied man? Cut him off, he can either work or starve. I don't care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by XD4ME View Post
    About 6 months ago I went to a noise complaint and spoke with the offender who was quite intoxicated. The dude got lippy with me and then complained about his neighbors always calling the cops. I suggested he move (to a different county with any luck) and he said he couldn't afford a different place with only his disability check. He was about 35 years old and appeared to be in good physical shape. I asked him what his disability was and he replied ADHD. I almost lost it...

I would never let a child go cold or hungry and understand there are people with legit disabilites that prevent them from working, but a 35 year old able bodied man? Cut him off, he can either work or starve. I don't care either way.
    DUDE!! I have stopped so many able bodied people who are getting BS disability checks for BS things like that, it drives me nuts! This guy told me he got disability because he was dyslexic, COME ON SON! personally it really bothers me when I deal with someone who is milking the govt. assistance system, I try to give them paper every chance i get.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Forum Member
    Speaking of writing paper... Around here if someone gets a speeding ticket and does not pay it they get their driver's license suspended. When they get pulled over for driving while suspended they get cited for driving while suspended. There are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th+ offenses for operating while suspended but they all have the same penalty, a ticket.

These people know they aren't going to pay any ticket they get but just keep driving. Getting another ticket is just a 20 minute delay in their day while they wait for me to drive away before continuing on their trip. It has gotten to the point I will sometimes follow them until they are on a bridge before I light them up so at least the car gets towed and they have to pay before it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by XD4ME View Post
    Speaking of writing paper... Around here if someone gets a speeding ticket and does not pay it they get their driver's license suspended. When they get pulled over for driving while suspended they get cited for driving while suspended. There are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th+ offenses for operating while suspended but they all have the same penalty, a ticket.
    Same here, however we can arrest for operating suspended. So I can cite them for it or arrest them AND tow their car.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."