Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Max K
  • 5 Post By NYCDep
  • 1 Post By Krell
  • 2 Post By -A-
  • 1 Post By Iowa #1603

Thread: Cop commits crime of the century.

Forum Member

Cop commits crime of the century.

How dare he and his wife show compasion for an animal?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html
    Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
    The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.
    But there is a place, sweet as you will ever know,
    In music and love, and things you never tell.
    You see it in their face, secrets on the telephone,
    A time out of time, for you and no one else

Tmg
    Forum Member

Lock them up and throw away the key!!!! How did this guy ever pass background and become a cop?
    Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

taxi driver
    If this were real journalism, they would investigate and show both sides of the story (but because it's not, they don't). People would like to know: what is the danger of having the deer, what is the history that caused it to penalized with jail time. A real journalist would ask these types of questions, and at least attempt to show that side, instead of just writing "might be dangerous and a threat to people".

When that same journalist writes a news story about gun control, it will likely have a similar bias in favor of the emotional-liberal content, while suppressing or distorting any opposing aspects of the story.
    dontknowwhy likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Army MP View Post
    How dare he and his wife show compasion for an animal?
    More ridiculous laws creating absurd outcomes in this over-regulated society.

Forum Member

A foundling deer may be regarded as a chattel, and therefore as living property, wherefore as long as the couple exercises due care regarding it, so as to ensure reasonable and appropriate attention to the public safety and for non-cruelty to the animal, perhaps the couple could invoke their rights under the Constitution to not be deprived of property without due process of law; however, their having allowed it to escape could be viewed as negligent, but for the fact that there are thousands of similar animals already in the wild.

Auxiliary Police Officer
    WTF is wrong with this country!!

Over.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

~Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CACBAND View Post
    One of my background investigators put it best. He said, We're not looking for perfect people, they don't exist, we're looking for people who can be honest about their less than staler moments, face them, and learn from them.

Equal Height Equal Light

Nothing is going to happen to these folks, the "journalist" is just playing it for drama.

Forum Member

Had these kind folks understood the entire dynamics behind the feeding and caring for a wild animal, they probably wouldn't have "rescued" the fawn in the first place. While not "criminal" to try to save an animal, the right thing to do would have been to call the Wildlife Conservation folks and let them do what they are best trained to do. Yes, it was compassionate, but how much pain and suffering did the animal endure while it was healing? Sorry, but nursing the animal back to health only to have it return to the wild is like giving it a death sentence. I realize the decision to euthanize any animal is not an easy choice. But in the long run, euthanization might have been the best option for this animal. Another opinion.
    Last edited by codemanski; 01-29-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Forum Member

Stupid. I can see if he had hurt the animal but this is ridiculous. What a moron to charge these folks.

Forum Member
    What a monster!
    Law Enforcement Officers Equity Act (H.R. 1362)
    Sign this petition that will change the retirement benefits for federal police officers currently not covered. No registration required.

Forum Jedi
    So . . . They take care of the injured animal, nurse it back to health, and some agency wants to just come in and kill it because it is a "threat"? How is it a threat, and how is that not animal cruelty on its own seeing that the animal was alive and well??

S*** just got real!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiden341 View Post
    So . . . They take care of the injured animal, nurse it back to health, and some agency wants to just come in and kill it because it is a "threat"? How is it a threat, and how is that not animal cruelty on its own seeing that the animal was alive and well??
    It's a threat because have you ever seen a deer that isn't afraid of humans?? Now it will go around tearing out the throat of any human it meets! I've seen small towns wiped out of every living person due to a non-afraid deer! They have those teeth! And those hooves!! For God's sake, look at the hooves!! That thing is now Jaws, only on land!!
    Krell, joe publik, -A- and 2 others like this.

Wirehead

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDep View Post
    It's a threat because have you ever seen a deer that isn't afraid of humans?? Now it will go around tearing out the throat of any human it meets! I've seen small towns wiped out of every living person due to a non-afraid deer! They have those teeth! And those hooves!! For God's sake, look at the hooves!! That thing is now Jaws, only on land!!
    NYCDep likes this.
    SCHP TCO

Freemason

Forum Member

I can see not wanting to interfere with the natural process.

Jail time might be a bit much.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Forum Member

You just *know* it's going to grow up to be an assault deer with high capacity antlers.

In all seriousness though, this is simply retarded. They were "harboring" the deer? Was the deer on the lamb? Was there a warrant out for the deer? It just proves that in modern society, even when you're doing what you feel is right, there is probably a law against it.

-A-
    Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCDep View Post
    61KJNGZXG2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    NYCDep and Krell like this.
    Semper Paratus/Always Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by jakflak View Post
    The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Forum Member

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard or read.

Nearly fifty years ago, when I was in elementary school in Southampton County, Va, one of my best friends had a pet deer. The deer had the run of their fenced property, which was several acres, and had a red scarf that it wore at all times. During hunting season they kept the deer in a fenced in area of about an acre or so, As I recall the deer...which was a doe...lived for quite a few years as I believe Vernon was in high school when she finally passed away.

I guess according to todays laws they committed a major felony.

Forum Member
    The Tree Cop that initiated this is a toolbag. Should have given the folks a few days or so to remove the animal at least.

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by codemanski View Post
    Had these kind folks understood the entire dynamics behind the feeding and caring for a wild animal, they probably wouldn't have "rescued" the fawn in the first place. While not "criminal" to try to save an animal, the right thing to do would have been to call the Wildlife Conservation folks and let them do what they are best trained to do. Yes, it was compassionate, but how much pain and suffering did the animal endure while it was healing? Sorry, but nursing the animal back to health only to have it return to the wild is like giving it a death sentence. I realize the decision to euthanize any animal is not an easy choice. But in the long run, euthanization might have been the best option for this animal. Another opinion.
    Most states have laws on the books concerning possession of "wild animals" without proper license.

There are good reasons due to diseases, animal behavior, and the history of stupid people owning wild animals and things going bad in the long run.

VERY few people are capable of rehabilitating an injured wild animal without harming the creature. It should be left to the professionals.
    pulicords likes this.

Forum Member

I had to force-feed beta-lactam antibiotics (the infection wasn't a methicillin-resistant bacterial strain) to one animal. Mostly I think Iowa #1603 is right. Usually the most humane thing you can do is to surrender the animal to the proper authorities.
    Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 02-03-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Forum Member

What's the deer going to do that's so dangerous, eat someone's flowers? This is ridiculous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcynic View Post
    What's the deer going to do that's so dangerous, eat someone's flowers? This is ridiculous.
    In the '90s I was doing some mainframe systems programming work for a company that had a campus next to a forest preserve and I saw that they had put out a salt lick (about the size of a railroad tie), a water supply, and a feeding trough loaded with grain, and that effectively protected the expensive landscaping shrubbery from the maraudery of deer.

Forum Member
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
    Specialization is for insects.

Forum Member

When I lived in indiana for 2 years there was a guy in the next town over that had a wolf as a pet. Same story as this except he found it in Minnesota then brought it with him to Indiana and he kept it in an outside pen.

Of course this was in the "boonies" so he could get away with it.