Firearm Safety Act of 2013

Here it comes...

http://legiscan.com/MD/text/SB281/id/698781

"Assault Long Guns"
    "10 round magazines"
    "Handgun Qualifications License"

Let the games begin.

Forum Member
    I read the whole thing there. From what I understand.

It will grandfather long assault long guns made before 11/2013. Must be registered.

Only 10 round mags can be sold, trade, transferred, and received.

You still can possess your 20 round mags. Just like people now still can possess 30 rounds. Go out of state to get them.

You have to apply for a handgun qualification license after being fingerprinted, background check, hand gun safety course, and of course a nice little payment to the state of Maryland. Law enforcement is exempt from the safety course.

Forum Member

These laws do nothing to deter the atrocities which have been committed in the past. A large majority of these horrific acts have been committed by individuals who should not have had weapons. They got these weapons from people who were allowed to have weapons. These laws only make it more difficult for a law abiding citizen to obtain guns that they have a right to possess and protect themselves with. The government is becoming more and more reactive. Knee-jerk and emotionally initiated legislation only hinders the individual liberties of citizens. It is becoming more and more depressing that our leaders continually fail to come up with viable solutions.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby11vd View Post
    These laws do nothing to deter the atrocities which have been committed in the past. A large majority of these horrific acts have been committed by individuals who should not have had weapons. They got these weapons from people who were allowed to have weapons. These laws only make it more difficult for a law abiding citizen to obtain guns that they have a right to possess and protect themselves with. The government is becoming more and more reactive. Knee-jerk and emotionally initiated legislation only hinders the individual liberties of citizens. It is becoming more and more depressing that our leaders continually fail to come up with viable solutions.

Oh come on, these laws will stop all those murders in Baltimore. It does nothing but to help.

Forum Member

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!! So it looks like the politicos in Maryland just copied/pasted DiFi's bill and made it their own. Except the "assault long gun" which just sounds stupid.

Everyone keeps saying "Oh, a new AWB won't pass Congress" and they are not following that the states (most of them anyway) are more than willing to pass pretty much the same bull**** laws.

My work is done here
    Can't wait to pay the state to legally own a firearm...

I'm sure those that have them illegally will pay their fee's also
    IRONWORKER likes this.
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me