Forum Member

LASD Holster Question

Was wondering if the LASD authorizes swivel holsters for patrol duties like the LAPD does?

Thanks

Molon Labe
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Trooper1 View Post
    Was wondering if the LASD authorizes swivel holsters for patrol duties like the LAPD does?

Thanks
    No

There are only a handful of authorized holsters for duty use....Safariland 6280 and 6360 being the main ones.

None of them are of the swivel types used by LAPD
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Caution: Unvetted member.
    Didn't Barney Fife have the last swivel holster made?
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Molon Labe
    Quote Originally Posted by KenW. View Post
    nope....Hoyt swivel holsters were VERY popular when we still carried revolvers before the Beretta transition in the early 90s.....I still have mine for my SW 586 somewhere in the garage
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KenW. View Post
    They are still authorized and pretty popular with the LAPD. Mostly Ted Blocker brand.

Forum Member

LA Dep,

Forgive me if this violates OPSEC, but watching "The Academy" (slow day at work) the holster looked like a custom one based on the cant, etc. This the case?

Molon Labe
    Quote Originally Posted by careerchange#2 View Post
    LA Dep,

Forgive me if this violates OPSEC, but watching "The Academy" (slow day at work) the holster looked like a custom one based on the cant, etc. This the case?
    Nothing Secret Squirrel about our holsters!

The holsters you saw in the Academy show were the old Safariland 280s holsters made specifically for LASD when we were still issuing the Beretta 92FS