Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 2013 CHP Testing Cycle

Forum Member
    Check your SPAM, I got an email today saying "NO SHOW" I never saw the email in my inbox about the test date and location. I looked under my spam, and there it was

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSTYPE2 View Post
    Check your SPAM, I got an email today saying "NO SHOW" I never saw the email in my inbox about the test date and location. I looked under my spam, and there it was
    Ahh that sucks!! Stupid spam..

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kanxer View Post
    When did you take your written?
    January 19th in the Valley Division.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgomez3435 View Post
    Yes, that is some good advice. When I attended the PAT back in '08 there was quite a few people getting chewed out. Also, you might want to start thinking about cutting your hair short (like a 3 clip or less). They want to give applicants a very small taste of what the academy is like. At least that's what I took away from the experience.
    Absolutely, I'll be treating it like one of my Army schools...So are you in the process again, or have you been through the Academy already?

Forum Member
    that seminar is helpful if you don't have a bunch of family members in the CHP LOL.... but i have the written on saturday very excited..good luck to everyone in the process

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 31BZ6 View Post
    Absolutely, I'll be treating it like one of my Army schools...So are you in the process again, or have you been through the Academy already?
    I'm in the process again... I reached the BG phase last go around but had to withdraw for personal reasons (blah, blah, blah).....

Ready now to give it my ALL!

Forum Member
    Good luck to those taking the written exam today. thumbsup.gif

just finished the written....good luck to everyone. surprised i saw so many people in sweats tho lol

Forum Member
    got done with the written today also..went pretty smooth..now to wait for the next step

Forum Member
    Does anyone have any insight when the next academy will start?

Forum Member
    @USMC_80: The Valley Division recruiters told us at the seminar that this will most likely be a September academy.

Anyway an update: I took the PAT this morning at 07, and 5 hours later emerged with an interview date - woohoo!

Good luck to everyone in the process; feels like things are moving quickly which is kind of exciting.

Also...Go Niners!!

Forum Member
    @USMC_80: The Valley Division recruiters told us at the seminar that this will most likely be a September academy.

Anyway an update: I took the PAT this morning at 07, and 5 hours later emerged with an interview date - woohoo!

Good luck to everyone in the process; feels like things are moving quickly which is kind of exciting.

Also...Go Niners!!
    Wow, thats exciting to hear!

They told us our results would come out Friday or Saturday(Border Division). It is now Monday and I havn't recieved anything. They said call Wednesday if we dont recieve anything.

Forum Member
    I heard the same thing at the seminar I attended (Inland). No guarantees of course, but they're looking to start the academy in September. Pretty cool, indeed!

Forum Member
    Anyone in the border division get test results yet?

Forum Member

Anyway an update: I took the PAT this morning at 07, and 5 hours later emerged with an interview date - woohoo! !
    One question: Is the sit up test assisted or unassisted?

Forum Member
    Nevermind, just got the email today. I passed. Got a seminar tomorrow and got the PAT this weekend. Im very excited and looking forward to it!!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgomez3435 View Post
    One question: Is the sit up test assisted or unassisted?
    You go up to a mat with a buddy and while he does situps you hold his feet, then vica versa on your turn. Of course there's a grader right there and they'll tell you if there's something youre not allowed to do.

Forum Member
    You go up to a mat with a buddy and while he does situps you hold his feet, then vica versa on your turn. Of course there's a grader right there and they'll tell you if there's something youre not allowed to do.
    10-4

Forum Member
    For the Border guys testing...My packet says PHQ and Vision on Saturday, dress to impress. However, the email I got yesterday says PAT (as well as PHQ and Vision) on Saturday, dress in PT gear. Am I the only one in this boat?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattiedubs View Post
    For the Border guys testing...My packet says PHQ and Vision on Saturday, dress to impress. However, the email I got yesterday says PAT (as well as PHQ and Vision) on Saturday, dress in PT gear. Am I the only one in this boat?

Mine doesnt say anything about dress to impress

Quote Originally Posted by jrgutierrez1989 View Post
    Mine doesnt say anything about dress to impress
    Within this thread, I posted a study guide for all interested candidates to read. It is for their benefit. If you read it, you would have noted on 1 the following statement:

Attire.
    Applicant should wear clothing appropriate for a business interview.
    Dress should be conservative and color coordinated. For men, a suit, sport jacket
    and tie with dress slacks or a Class A military uniform for military personnel would
    be acceptable. Likewise for women, a business suit, dress, dress skirt/slacks and
    blouse or Class A military uniform for military personnel is appropriate.
    May I suggest you use the study guide. You may pass the QAP by having a correct answer.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtCHP View Post
    Within this thread, I posted a study guide for all interested candidates to read. It is for their benefit. If you read it, you would have noted on 1 the following statement:

May I suggest you use the study guide. You may pass the QAP by having a correct answer.
    Oh I read the study guide, the guy above me just confused me when he said his email said dress to im press and mine didnt. I cleared that confusion after re reading the study guide and the pamphlet I recieved at a seminar.

So ill piggyback off what SgtCHP said for anyone else that may be wondering. Any event, unless told otherwise will be business attire. Obviously the PAT is gym attire.

Although I dont know why anyone would show up in casual clothing to any event.

Forum Member
    To update this thread and hopefully get others on the same page.

2/1: administered POST exam
    2/8 (today): received T-Score and date for PAT which will be on 2/16, a week from today.

Quick question. I'm honestly not in the best physical shape...I've been training and building my endurance for the 1.5mi/300m run but if I feel I'm not ready, should I still go ahead and take the PAT? I'm thinking...it's better to try and see what happens then to not show up at all. If one fails the PAT, are they given another chance?

Thanks for all your help.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dc415 View Post
    To update this thread and hopefully get others on the same page.

2/1: administered POST exam
    2/8 (today): received T-Score and date for PAT which will be on 2/16, a week from today.

Quick question. I'm honestly not in the best physical shape...I've been training and building my endurance for the 1.5mi/300m run but if I feel I'm not ready, should I still go ahead and take the PAT? I'm thinking...it's better to try and see what happens then to not show up at all. If one fails the PAT, are they given another chance?

Thanks for all your help.
    Hey bro. That's how people end up failing out of the academy. It's all mental. One already begins worrying about tomorrow, and then ends up dropping out because he or she thinks they can't keep up. Just keep on running, and you'll do well on the 16th. Good luck. Remember, CHP hasn't accepted applications in a long time, so don't think about not showing up!
    stpdpny likes this.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by efren1090 View Post
    Hey bro. That's how people end up failing out of the academy. It's all mental. One already begins worrying about tomorrow, and then ends up dropping out because he or she thinks they can't keep up. Just keep on running, and you'll do well on the 16th. Good luck. Remember, CHP hasn't accepted applications in a long time, so don't think about not showing up!
    Yeah, I totally agree. I know better than to think about failing even before I attempt.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep at it. Good luck to everyone.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast