Forum Member

Hello from North Dakota/Northern Minnesota!

First of all, i'd like to thank everyone for all the advice i have read in the past, i have the up most respect for all LEOs!

So here is who i am...

I am currently a sophomore at the University of North Dakota currently majoring in Sociology and minoring in Chemical Dependcy and Criminal Justice. I am originally from a small town outside the Minneapolis/St.Paul metro area. After i graduate from UND i plan to go to Northland Tech in Thief River falls to get my skills certification.

I do have some volunteering and work experience that i think will help me with my career pursuit:

-4 years as a police explorer
    -currently a Resident Assistant (RA) at UND
    -I will be participating in a summer internship for my local department this summer

Once again, i thank you all in advance!

SiouxMN

Forum Member
    Welcome to O.com

AWJ
    Forum Member

Welcome - Good luck, MN can be a hard state to find a job sometimes. Keep at it!

||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AWJ View Post
    Welcome - Good luck, MN can be a hard state to find a job sometimes. Keep at it!
    x2

I'm up in Grand Forks fairly often. If you can't get a job in MN look to ND. Lot's of jobs here. Especially in the oil area. I'm originally from St. Cloud but left to work in ND when I couldn't get a job in MN.

Forum Member

Welcome to Officer.com!!
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    -Ernest Hemingway

Forum Member

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I am looking at places in ND but im gonna try my luck in MN first, my hope is that my RA experience will help out with getting a sworn position at U of M police or UMD police, but ill also take anything im offered because i know how hard it is in MN!

Forum Member

I'm in North Dakota also about to go through the process. Hope it goes smoothly..I'm excited