Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Our President took this oath;

Caution: Unvetted member.

Our President took this oath;

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Too bad we cannot expect him to keep it...
    U.S PRES.ARLENEA likes this.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Senior Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by KenW. View Post
    Too bad we cannot expect him to keep it...
    Why not?
    Retired

It's quite clear to me that he is not preserving or defending the Second Amendment to the Constitution. He is quite eager to place additional infringements on lawful gun owners. You see it differently?
    slamdunc and HI629 like this.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Forum Member
    It's quite clear to me that he is not preserving or defending the Second Amendment to the Constitution. He is quite eager to place additional infringements on lawful gun owners.
    This is what he appears to be doing at this point in time. On the other side of the coin, his mouthpiece, VP Biden, is letting his mouth write checks that his arse can't cover.

President Obama has a clear agenda, he just hasn't figured out how to circumvent the Constitution as yet.

Senior Veteran

It's quite clear to me that he is not preserving or defending the Second Amendment to the Constitution. He is quite eager to place additional infringements on lawful gun owners. You see it differently?
    How is he not defending or preserving the 2nd amendment? He personally cannot void it, no matter how hard he may try.
    Retired

He wants to renew the 1994 AWB for starters. Wait until he gets VP Biden's paper on Tuesday. He'll start showing his true colors.

Douglas MacArthur

Senior Veteran

He wants to renew the 1994 AWB for starters. Wait until he gets VP Biden's paper on Tuesday. He'll start showing his true colors.
    I believe that the majority of Americans agree with him on the AWB.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    I believe that the majority of Americans agree with him on the AWB.
    I respectufully disagree. If this majority were true, who bought up all the ARs and other semi-autos across the country, and why are 30-round mags backordered to the tune of 1 million?

Maybe the feds sent them to Mexico to make the Second Amendment supporters look bad?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/12/us...cks=true&_r=1&
    Last edited by KenW.; 01-12-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Douglas MacArthur

Senior Veteran

I respectufully disagree. If this majority were true, who bought up all the ARs and other semi-autos across the country, and why are 30-round mags backordered to the tune of 1 million?

Maybe the feds sent them to Mexico to make the Second Amendment supporters look bad?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/12/us...cks=true&_r=1&
    You may be correct. However, a new poll conducted for CNN found the majority support a ban.

The poll found that nearly four in five Americans support some gun control in some form and 62 percent back a ban on semi-automatic assault rifles and high-capacity magazine clips.

But then again, who can trust polls?
    Retired

Especially pols hosted by a notoriously anti-gun oufit that employs the likes of Piers Morgan.

A poll is only as good as the wording of the question.
    "So, have you stopped beating your wife yet?" is a good example. Any answer can be skewed when the only responses allowed are yes or no.
    Last edited by KenW.; 01-12-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    AI_guy likes this.

Douglas MacArthur

The Poo Magnet
    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, pervert, reject and suspend the Constitution of the United States."

Fixed it for you KenW.
    XD4ME likes this.
    Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

Forum Member
    You may be correct. However, a new poll conducted for CNN found the majority support a ban.

The poll found that nearly four in five Americans support some gun control in some form and 62 percent back a ban on semi-automatic assault rifles and high-capacity magazine clips.

1. They are called magazines, not clips.

2. I would love for those 62 percent to explain to me what semi-automatic means. I bet they will give the definition of full auto.
    Rudy8116, HI629 and Empire02 like this.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Bigfoot Country

Now there's an impartial source. However, it doesn't matter, we are not a democracy. We're a Republic that elects representatives that are supposed to represent us without stepping on our rights. Since so few are involved in murders a ban seems mostly an attempt to pacify the gun grabbers, for the moment. Making every one in the country disappear overnight will have a negligable effect if any on homicides.

As far as magazines, who's to say what high capacity is? Most of the people polled probably only know what the media tells them. You're a retired police officer and you call them clips?
    HI629 likes this.

Forum Member

The extremely left-leaning, liberal news outlet CNN? Wow, that's a credible poll source!!

Clinton
    News
    Network

Senior Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjack View Post
    The extremely left-leaning, liberal news outlet CNN? Wow, that's a credible poll source!!

Clinton
    News
    Network
    Why is it not credible?
    Retired

Senior Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by -Erik- View Post
    1. They are called magazines, not clips.

2. I would love for those 62 percent to explain to me what semi-automatic means. I bet they will give the definition of full auto.
    Erik,

I know what they are called. I merely copied and pasted the article. But thanks for pointing that out to me, you would have thought with 30 years in LE I would know that.
    Retired

Why is it not credible?
    What makes you believe it is? Just look at Piers Morgan for starters.
    Last edited by KenW.; 01-12-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Douglas MacArthur

Senior Veteran

What makes you believe it is? Just look at Piers Morgan for starters.
    I guess one can say that about all news sources? Do you believe that the poll is false? I already said that most polls can't be trusted because of the way they can word the questions.

Does Piers Morgan conduct polls?
    Retired

We must each decide what sources we trust. Unfortunately, most sources have thier own slant; some more than others and we sould try to recognoize that when we see it. Have you even seen Morgan's show? Interesting topics, but when he come out and starts losing the debate and calls his opponent a "stupid, stupid man", he shows his level of impartiality.
    chiefjack likes this.

Douglas MacArthur

Senior Veteran

We must each decide what sources we trust. Unfortunately, most sources have thier own slant; some more than others and we sould try to recognoize that when we see it. Have you even seen Morgan's show? Interesting topics, but when he come out and starts losing the debate and calls his opponent a "stupid, stupid man", he shows his level of impartiality.
    I have never seen the man at all. But doesn't O'Reilly do much of the same?

And not that it matters or that I have to explain myself, Obama was not my choice for President, and I didn't vote for him.
    Retired

Not a fan of O'Rielly, Hannity, or ANY other nationally syndicated personality. I can arrive at my own decisions.

If I watch any of them, it so I can better know my potential enemies.

Douglas MacArthur

Was that ruled unconstitutional?
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Quote Originally Posted by jeffIL View Post
    It was an infringement, regardless. It took many years for the situation in Chigago and DC to be ruled upon. And, the earlier AWB didn't change crime rates as the proponents thought it would.
    Last edited by KenW.; 01-13-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Douglas MacArthur

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffIL View Post
    It was never challenged in court.

I will say, however, that it was also found to be compeltely ineffective at doing anything to stop crime. Look up the .gov funded studies that reached the conclusion.

Forum Member

its no secret the AWB is unconstitutional... it is ok to defend our country and other other countries with automatic weapons but not ok for the people of the united states to defend their homes and families with automatic weapons... we have a right to protect ourselves, home, and families by any means Necessary...if the US was invaded tomorrow are we suppose to form our militias with pitch forks, single shot rifles, black powders while the invaders use automatic weapons??? our flag has been flipped upside down and we are headed for more tragedy...if Obama infringes on the second amendment, who's to say he won't stop there???
    HI629 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last