Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Iowa #1603
  • 1 Post By retired
  • 1 Post By Pogue Mahone
  • 1 Post By sanitizer

Thread: Ear Grips For Uniform Officers

Forum Member

Ear Grips For Uniform Officers

I know from time to time we talk about various items of uniform clothing. Some people here have some strong views on stocking hats, baseball caps, polo shirts, etc. But I don't recall ever reading anything about Ear Grips Behind The Head Ear Warmers. Anyway, lets hear it. Do you wear them on duty and in uniform? Are they "authorized optional wear" at your agency? Do they look okay or do they look ridiculous in uniform? Do you/could you wear them with a baseball or other cap/hat or do these only work when worn by themselves?

As for me, I have a pair, but I have never worn them in uniform. I have them stashed in the pocket on a civilian jacket in case I find myself outside with nothing else to put on my head!

http://www.180s.com/pages/eargrips.aspx

It's Complicated
    Jim..................when you typed Ear Grips for uniformed officers---------------I had a totally different take on the thread.
    sanitizer, KJB, tick and 1 others like this.

Forum Member

I've seen guys wearing them and never seen an issue with it. It's not issued, but no one has said its not authorized. I've always just worn a beanie though.

Senior Veteran

I only wore them depending on the gender of my partner.
    Iowa #1603 likes this.
    Retired

Max Rockatansky
    I wear one (my sheriff too) when I will be out of my truck for an extended period of time ie. wrecks.

They are REALLY warm and if you get one that matches your uniform they wont look all goofy and strange.
    Chris
    STEAM ID: MrManslaughter
    XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1701 View Post
    I wear one (my sheriff too) when I will be out of my truck for an extended period of time ie. wrecks.

They are REALLY warm and if you get one that matches your uniform they wont look all goofy and strange.
    My Sheriff wears them

Forum Member

Personally I think a watch cap would go better with the uniform:
    http://www.thecopshoponwheels.com/st...443_police.jpg
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Forum Member

I prefer my beanie and baclava or gator combination for extended calls in really cold temperatures. I also have the added benefit of looking like a ninja in uniform. Who didn't dream about that growing up?

Forum Member
    I was thinking this was some new device for a compliance hold.
    Iowa #1603 likes this.

Forum Member
    I wear a beanie w/ a mini department patch on it. Keeps the head and ears toasty.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Jim..................when you typed Ear Grips for uniformed officers---------------I had a totally different take on the thread.
    Hey Iowa, you and me both. My first thought was "I once saw a Dominatrix wearing a leather pair in San Francisco . Went well with her police fetishist leather and cuffs."
    Iowa #1603 likes this.

Forum Member

I wore them when I was still in the military and my COC swore that our berets made us bullet proof/windproof/waterproof and impervious to cold weather. A unit we were co-located with felt so bad when all their folks were in wool watch caps and we were in berets that they popped for a set of generic ear-grippers for all of us. They worked okay.

Forum Member
    I prefer watchcaps for my guys, but as long as it's black or Navy blue, then whatever.

Pet peeve: I constantly yap at my guys who on a rainy day show up in short sleeve shirt. So at roll call they get my lecture about bailing out of the car and having to hunker down if something goes wrong. If you get stuck behind a wall or in a ditch in a firefight, 40' and rain, and all you have on is a short sleeve uniform....... (so they show up at a call, same uniform, and a watchcap!!)

DENIED!
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyrube View Post
    I prefer watchcaps for my guys, but as long as it's black or Navy blue, then whatever.

Pet peeve: I constantly yap at my guys who on a rainy day show up in short sleeve shirt. So at roll call they get my lecture about bailing out of the car and having to hunker down if something goes wrong. If you get stuck behind a wall or in a ditch in a firefight, 40' and rain, and all you have on is a short sleeve uniform....... (so they show up at a call, same uniform, and a watchcap!!)

Huh? Lost me there pal.

Sounds like a nitpicky and silly pet peeve.