Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Anyone ever???

My work is done here

Anyone ever???

Take an off duty officers weapon from them during a traffic stop for a minor traffic violation?? After the stop you give it back?

Off duty officer identifies themself as carrying as well
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Forum Member

Oh geeze....this is gonna get good. I have heard VSP has done it to MPDC before...

My work is done here
    Hey Iron.....I won't mention agency's , just curious as to thoughts as I find this hard to imagine much less myself turning my gun over to begin with
    Just shut your damn hole

Forum Member

Why would you? Seriously, why would one cop ask another for his gun on a traffic stop. We are all on the same team people.
    beachcop05 and Native Texan like this.

My work is done here
    I'm kinda curious why one would as well also. I can see a felony stop for whatever reason but I'm referring to a basic traffic stop for something minor
    Just shut your damn hole

Forum Member
    No way; not based on the scenario as presented. I wouldn't disarm another officer except for serious, bad stuff. For that matter, I wouldn't surrender my weapon on a traffic stop; I'd request a supervisor.

My work is done here
    Agree. The scenario presented is a real one. 100% nothing more,nothing less
    Just shut your damn hole

Forum Member

Had it happen to a coworker in the DC area. Officer wanted the weapon secured in his patrol vehicle for the stop (after he checked the guy's creds)

Forum Member

I'm sorry but I'm not giving my weapon to anyone. Plus, if I stop a guy and he says he is in the job I say, "ok brother have a nice day"

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    No way; not based on the scenario as presented. I wouldn't disarm another officer except for serious, bad stuff. For that matter, I wouldn't surrender my weapon on a traffic stop; I'd request a supervisor.

I wouldn't disarm another officer for a minor traffic matter.
    Last edited by sanitizer; 12-27-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    beachcop05 likes this.

Forum Member

Nope, never have. Then again, I don't often takes guns from CCW holders who ID themselves before I ask either. However taking a cops gun is lame, and generally a bad way of building agency friendships. I know of a cop that asked my Chief to go disarm himself after flagging down an officer in another town to report a crime.
    beachcop05 and Iowa #1603 like this.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Forum Member
    thars just chicken poo to take another cops gun, w/o it being for a serious crime or good cause.
    beachcop05 likes this.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made or based on my own thought and opinions.

Forum Member

The thought would never even cross my mind.

License and Registration!
    Not a chance in hell, ever.

Forum Member
    Who would even consider that? Wow new random acts of wierdness happen everyday. What if I say No, is the ofc. going to get me out at gun point like in florida?
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Police Officer
    When I stop an off duty, I disarm them, handcuff them and then hogtie their ***. Cops are crazy. They can't be trusted.

One time I had this off duty troop stopped and he was like, " hey brother, I'm off duty- stay safe out there". I was like, " oh hell no I'm not your brother and no one tells me what to do". The guy was complete nut job.

Off duty cops are only pretending to be cops. The uniform makes the cop, not the person.
    Certified troll.

It's Complicated
    Just like anyone with a weapons permit I tell them "Don't show me yours and I won't show you mine"

St. Cloud Proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpd42 View Post
    Why would you? Seriously, why would one cop ask another for his gun on a traffic stop. We are all on the same team people.
    Why would a cop ever arrest another cop? Oh wait...
    In Valor there is hope

Forum Member
    I have heard stories here locally about officers being asked to disarm during traffic stops for just routine violations (ie. speeding, red lights, etc). The ones that refused to nothing happened other than a supervisor responding to the scene to mediate. The only time I seen a gun asked for was just right before field sobriety tests was being started and there was no problem from either side.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michigan View Post
    when i stop an off duty, i disarm them, handcuff them and then hogtie their ***. Cops are crazy. They can't be trusted.

One time i had this off duty troop stopped and he was like, " hey brother, i'm off duty- stay safe out there". I was like, " oh hell no i'm not your brother and no one tells me what to do". The guy was complete nut job.

Off duty cops are only pretending to be cops. The uniform makes the cop, not the person.
    lmao

Che
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LandGuppy View Post
    Had it happen to a coworker in the DC area. Officer wanted the weapon secured in his patrol vehicle for the stop (after he checked the guy's creds)
    On a previous department I worked for a coworker was disarmed at gun point. It is tough to be a minority and a cop.

I know a sergeant from another agency who stopped at a liquor store, off duty, to buy a 7-Up and apparently the clerk saw the bulge under his jacket and next thing he knew he was getting 'felony stopped' in the rain.
    Adrianhamm likes this.

Che
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hpd42 View Post
    Roger that, my first thought would be "crooked cop" and does he think I am doing a case on him.

I have had academy classmates and co-workers go to prison. Some still in, some got out. Some bizarre stories that would make good movies.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    I know a sergeant from another agency who stopped at a liquor store, off duty, to buy a 7-Up and apparently the clerk saw the bulge under his jacket and next thing he knew he was getting 'felony stopped' in the rain.
    Che not to highjack this thread, when you mentioned a bulge under his jacket, it brought back a memory of a young still living at home just out of college wannabe applicant showing up for his oral board CCW. When asked if he’s was carrying he proudly displayed a Glock 17 in a Safariland shoulder rig. He wanted to be a cop so bad he literally “jump the gun”. My gut feeling was if I did not arrest him and confiscate his weapon I‘d be working for that SOB some day.
    slamdunc, HI629 and Che like this.

Forum Member
    I allow em to keep their gun, but I tell em that I'll have to conduct a Texas DPS-style cavity search before I can release them. Only one pair of gloves will be used if other officers are riding in the car.
    Dep D, NYCDep, Iowa #1603 and 3 others like this.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elchorizo View Post
    I allow em to keep their gun, but I tell em that I'll have to conduct a Texas DPS-style cavity search before I can release them. Only one pair of gloves will be used if other officers are riding in the car.
    LMAO !!!!

I trust you will do exceptionally well under “cost consciousness” on your next evaluation.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last