Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Reedo

Thread: I'm can't figure out which rifle to get.

Tmg
    Forum Member

I'm can't figure out which rifle to get.

I am looking for a patrol rifle but I can not figure out which one to get. I finally picked on that I want and I cant find it anywhere. I would like a Colt LE 6920 mag Paul but no one has them and they cant be ordered. I have tried reading over the " so you want to buy an ar15" thread but there is just so much to take in and I just don't know enough about these things.

My limit is $1000 without a red dot sight, light, or extra mags. The Mag Paul Colt came with everything for $1050, which is why i picked it. I would like the rifle to have rails on the forend for a handle and a light.

What are some other good rifles. My PD really doesn't care what I carry but I will still ask if they will approve whatever before I buy it.

Is the Sig 556 any good?

With all these shooting, I feel that I should hurry up and buy a rifle before they get banned. I know I could still get one being LE but I figure the price will sky rocket.
    Last edited by Tmg; 12-17-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Forum Member
    Check with these guys for your Colt. They're out of Arizona and give LE discounts.http://specializedarmament.com
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

St. Cloud Proud!
    Did you try DSG? They get pallets of colts in at a time. I paid $940 for my 6920 from them. All that magpul stuff is pretty cheap from DSG as well they're great to cops. MP's are in that price range as are rock river. RR had an officer section on their page and they will ship straight to your PD. not sure how good of a rifle they are, but a lot of guys carry them on our pd and its our agencies issued rifle
    In Valor there is hope

Tmg
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    Did you try DSG? They get pallets of colts in at a time. I paid $940 for my 6920 from them. All that magpul stuff is pretty cheap from DSG as well they're great to cops. MP's are in that price range as are rock river. RR had an officer section on their page and they will ship straight to your PD. not sure how good of a rifle they are, but a lot of guys carry them on our pd and its our agencies issued rifle
    They are out too. I called GT distributors and they basically told me good luck getting a Colt.

So I guess now I am looking for a good alternative rifle.

Forum Member
    Im going to be buying a couple lower receivers for an AR and construct myself a rifle just in case the ban does go through and prices skyrocket. Also, if what I read about the bill being put forth. Then if a buy the parts now they'll be grandfathered in and wont be affected.

St. Cloud Proud!
    Keep bugging DSG, they come in pretty regular. As much as I hate to ask, have you tried cheaper than dirt? or cabelas? an MP15 might be another god option depending what youre looking for
    In Valor there is hope

Forum Member

Cheaper Than Dirt has suspended the sales of firearms as of today.

St. Cloud Proud!
    The location in Fort Worth is a seperate company from the website/catalog and is technically called cheaper than dirt outdoor adventures. Different owners/company, although the warehouse for the website is the same building and you can pick stuff up from the catalog there
    In Valor there is hope

Tmg
    Forum Member

As much as I hate to ask, have you tried cheaper than dirt?
    word on the street is they have jacked their prices up due to the demand.

Forum Member
    You dont need rails to mount a light. Find a 6920, buy it and then get sling and light. Add and RDS. Above all else, TRAIN.

St. Cloud Proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmg View Post
    word on the street is they have jacked their prices up due to the demand.
    Ya the website/mail order company. The company that sells guns off 820 is a seperate company and is technically cheaper than dirt outdoor adventures, but they overcharge as well haha. DSG has 100 colts coming in first week of Jan or PD orders only fwiw
    In Valor there is hope

Tmg
    Forum Member

Ya the website/mail order company. The company that sells guns off 820 is a seperate company and is technically cheaper than dirt outdoor adventures, but they overcharge as well haha. DSG has 100 colts coming in first week of Jan or PD orders only fwiw
    Im assuming pd orders do not include individual officer?

St. Cloud Proud!
    Im assuming pd orders do not include individual officer?
    No it does, just means they are for LEO only and are unavailable on the website for general order. sorry didn't word that very well
    In Valor there is hope

Tmg
    Forum Member

No it does, just means they are for LEO only and are unavailable on the website for general order. sorry didn't word that very well
    I might just give them a call then.

Una Stamus

LE pricing on a Colt LE6920 is right in your price range. Definitely worth every penny.
    Hitthegym likes this.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Forum Member
    I might just give them a call then.
    Any luck?
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Tmg
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rgv_cop View Post
    Any luck?
    They are closed till the 2nd.

Forum Member

My agency is looking at purchasing Ar's. With the mulitude of rifles out there, anyone have any insight as to which are good, or more importantly, which to stay away from?