Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dontknowwhy

Thread: Earpiece Suggestions

BadCompany

Earpiece Suggestions

What earpiece would y'all suggest I use for the Motorola APX? I heard getting a custom mold earpiece is the way to go.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who wish us harm." ---George Orwell

Forum Member
    Are you wanting a listen only to use with your shoulder mic or a dual use for instead of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceridwen View Post
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

St. Cloud Proud!
    If you want an all in one hawk lapel mic is hard to beat, it comes with medium size left/right earpieces that last about a year. Replacements cost ~$2. Listen only I would recommend the fox model. Uses same earpieces, works great. GT carries both the hawk is around $100 and the fox is $50.

http://www.earphoneconnect.com/produ...?IndustryID=13

http://www.earphoneconnect.com/produ...&IndustryID=11
    In Valor there is hope

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    If you want an all in one hawk lapel mic is hard to beat, it comes with medium size left/right earpieces that last about a year. Replacements cost ~$2. Listen only I would recommend the fox model. Uses same earpieces, works great. GT carries both the hawk is around $100 and the fox is $50.

http://www.earphoneconnect.com/produ...?IndustryID=13

http://www.earphoneconnect.com/produ...&IndustryID=11
    I have had good luck with these. Both the listen-only and the lapel mic.

Forum Member
    I have an otto red silent earpiece that costs about $40 It's listen only, and I love it. It's not custom molded, but it stays put in my ear until I hit about 14 or 15 hours.

I've never tried anything else, but for the price it's a good way to find out if you want an earpiece.

Forum Member

I use a Tactical Ear Gadgets Hawk Lapel and it works great. I have a few partners that have tried some of the new bluetooth combinations and it has not worked well. I do not use a customer earpiece, and it is comfortable for a 10 hour shift.

Forum Member
    Which ever one you go with, take it to a hearing aid shop and get them to custom make you an ear bud. I found out it makes the difference between having an ear piece and using an ear piece.
    nobodyjr and Crinkel like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceridwen View Post
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Forum Member

Tactical Comm. Ind. is what I have (listen only) I've had the Hawk lapel (2-pc) for my motorola xts 5000 & it was awesome. Never had a problem. But where I am now, we have Kenwood pieces of sh_t & the hawk wasn't compatible, even after they said it was with the appropriate adapter. SO I had mine sent back & just stuck with the shoulder mic & listen only piece that attaches to the talk part.

Forum Member

For those of you who use the Fox, do you know of differences between the ones that plug directly into the microphone and those who plug in on the adapter? I am looking to replace my TCI earpiece that is failing after 2 years. I want to make sure the speaker joint does not fail, because I think this is where I am having problems now. Also, if you have the threaded one, have you noticed any problems with that? I had a threaded connection with my TCI and had to replace it with the plug in to the mic option. The Fox seems like a much better price to be replacing every few years if I need to than the 80-90 for the TCI.

Is the Fox a pass through earpiece? It reads like it is, but I am not certain.

Thanks!
    Last edited by webbie1502; 05-15-2014 at 03:31 PM.