Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By VTStateTrooper
  • 1 Post By btfp
  • 3 Post By VTStateTrooper
  • 1 Post By TNmotorman

Thread: Almost to the Academy.

Forum Member

Almost to the Academy.

Well I have finally done it. I have completed every step of the hiring process for the Vermont State Police, except for the meeting with the Colonel which I will be doing this friday. I have been informed that I will get my formal offer of employment that day. The academy starts January 14th. I have been looking on this website but was waiting until I got closer to the end before I started an account. The information on this website is very informative. Well anyways looking forward to the academy and the challenges that come with it.
    cmich11 and country_strong23 like this.

Senior Veteran
    Good luck!
    "My give a damn's busted"

Forum Member

Good luck. Please wear a suit and tie. Leave your phone in the car. Arrive 15 minutes early. Think positive. It's yours.
    Mg0328 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks guys.

Forum Member

Meeting went well with the Colonel and I was offered a job with the Vermont State Police. I start the academy January 14th.
    Ignite, pittguy1984 and Mg0328 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VTStateTrooper View Post
    Meeting went well with the Colonel and I was offered a job with the Vermont State Police. I start the academy January 14th.
    Congrats!

Forum Member

Congrats brother, now start running hardcore if you haven't already started.
    Last edited by aviate925; 12-27-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Forum Member

Congrats! find out what they do for PT and start doing that. We focused on Crossfit here in Maine.

Besides the PT, just remember if something sucks, pay attention. Everything is done for a reason at the academy. The best advice is to listen twice as much as you talk and absorb everything you can. If your academy is set up like ours, ask Cadre any question you can think of. They're there to help and ours were more than willing to take the time to explain whatever I wanted clairified.

Forum Member
    Congrats bro. Go to advocop.com if you (or anyone you know) need some help getting in shape. You'll need some extra energy!! Congrats again & good luck.

Remember, you beat a lot of other qualified people out of that position in trooper school. Don't quit!
    MSP2012 likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats, man