• The "right" to an abortion on demand
    • The "right" to free rubbers and the pill
    • The "right" to a "fair" wage
    • The "right" to free medical care
    • The "right" to a free cell phone
    • The "right" to form a union
    • The "right" to sick time and vacation time
    • The "right" to a lunch break and coffee breaks

I've heard many speak of these "rights" but they do not exist in our constitution. Should they be in there? Should the constitution be amended for every "right" people think they are entitled to? Just askin...
    chiefjack likes this.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Forum Member
    The "right" to own the computer to type this.

Does that need to be in the Constitution? The Constitution doesn't give us any rights, period, it limits government.

Senior Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    • The "right" to an abortion on demand
    • The "right" to free rubbers and the pill
    • The "right" to a "fair" wage
    • The "right" to free medical care
    • The "right" to a free cell phone
    • The "right" to form a union
    • The "right" to sick time and vacation time
    • The "right" to a lunch break and coffee breaks

I've heard many speak of these "rights" but they do not exist in our constitution. Should they be in there? Should the constitution be amended for every "right" people think they are entitled to? Just askin...
    Come on 1042 Obama, you know very well that you aren't just askin. As usual you are trying to start a debate between conservatives and liberals.
    Retired

Forum Member

The Constitution of the United States doesn't grant any rights. It specifies exactly what powers the federal government has. The Constitution protects certain enumerated rights which pre existed the Constitution. Other rights exist, any right you can possibly imagine, they just aren't enumerated and specifically protected. That doesn't mean they aren't important:

9th:The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

One of the arguments against a Bill or Rights, prophetic as it turns out, was that people would assume any right not so enumerated didn't exist... which is exactly what most people think today.

You have any right you can possibly think of. The problem is so does your neighbor. The role of government is SUPPOSED to be to allow everybody to exercise their rights to the greatest possible extent without impacting their NEIGHBOR'S rights.

However, were we draw the line, or where we allow our congress and legislatures of the several states to draw that line, gets manipulated occasionally to the advantage of some.

10th:The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

So any power not granted the federal government is supposed to be hashed out between the People and their respective state legislatures.

If the People of a state want their legislature to limit their rights, that's their "right". They have the power to allow it or prevent it.

If we want to elect Congresspersons who deliberately make end runs around that limitation, that's our right and we have that power.

If We the People elect congress-critters or state legislators who help people fulfill their right to a cell phone or free medical care, that's our problem.

"We the People" have the ultimate power in the country, including the power to run it into the ground.

It's not about a list of enumerated rights, it's about what we're going to let the hired help get away with to buy votes and what we're going to force our neighbor to give up to pay for it... and how much we're going to let them bribe us with our own, or our neighbor's, money.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 12-12-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"Retired"
    My favorite was a few years ago, when Jesse Jackson said that all people have the right to own a home. They extorted banks into making that "dream" come true. How'd that work out?

E PLURIBUS UNUM
    Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Come on 1042 Obama, you know very well that you aren't just askin. As usual you are trying to start a debate between conservatives and liberals.
    Too bad he doesn't stick around and provide substance

Anybody can spew rhetoric

Hell, I can think of entire news networks, and countless radio pundits, that have made one heck of a living pandering to the lowest common intellectual denominator of our country.

Wave that flag proudly...
    slamdunc likes this.

Forum Member

The right to freedom of speech and of the press along with the right of the People peaceably to assemble clearly guarantees the right to form a union.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
    The right to freedom of speech and of the press along with the right of the People peaceably to assemble clearly guarantees the right to form a union.
    I think it more likely gives people the freedom to do so. Nowhere in the rights you named does it say anything about forming a union. A lot of people confuse freedom or ability to do something with the right to do so.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustAJ View Post
    I think it more likely gives people the freedom to do so. Nowhere in the rights you named does it say anything about forming a union. A lot of people confuse freedom or ability to do something with the right to do so.
    As long as it's protected activity it doesn't matter whether its pursuant to a protected freedom or to a protected right.

The Constitution doesn't specifically say you have the right to publish the New York Times, either, but the right to publish it is definitely protected under the First Amendment.

I recognize that specific implementations or exercises of rights may also be categorized as exercises of freedoms or liberties, but the First Amendment stricture guaranteeing freedom of speech and of the press are part of what is know to everyone as the Bill of Rights.

The right of the People peaceably to assemble, along with the freedom of speech and of the press protect the right or freedom to form a union.

Under the Constitution the People have the right to not be improperly deprived of their protected freedoms or liberties and that is the same thing as a right to any not-improper exercise of those freedoms.

Professor of Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post

Yea!

Quote Originally Posted by _XD_ View Post

Oh, I 'dink da' 1042 be back jack!

As long as it's protected activity it doesn't matter whether its pursuant to a protected freedom or to a protected right.

The Constitution doesn't specifically say you have the right to publish the New York Times, either, but the right to publish it is definitely protected under the First Amendment.

I recognize that specific implementations or exercises of rights may also be categorized as exercises of freedoms or liberties, but the First Amendment stricture guaranteeing freedom of speech and of the press are part of what is know to everyone as the Bill of Rights.

The right of the People peaceably to assemble, along with the freedom of speech and of the press protect the right or freedom to form a union.

Under the Constitution the People have the right to not be improperly deprived of their protected freedoms or liberties and that is the same thing as a right to any not-improper exercise of those freedoms.

As long as it's protected activity
    For "them" it is everything and anything, but throw in the qualifier, for "them" and only "them".

it doesn't matter whether its pursuant to a protected freedom or to a protected right.
    Right.

The Constitution doesn't specifically say you have the right to publish the New York Times
    Right.

the right to publish it is definitely protected under the First Amendment.
    Right.

I recognize that specific implementations or exercises of rights may also be categorized as exercises of freedoms or liberties
    Right.

but the First Amendment stricture guaranteeing freedom of speech and of the press are part of what is know to everyone as the Bill of Rights.
    Right, sticture:

Computa' Define I demand'z!!

Something that closely restrains or limits...
    'Dank ya' computa'., Carry'z on Sire Major Monty.

The right of the People peaceably to assemble
    Right.

along with the freedom of speech and of the press protect the right or freedom to form a union.
    Right.

Under the Constitution the People have the right to not be improperly deprived of their protected freedoms
    Right.

liberties and that is the same thing as a right to any not-improper exercise of those freedoms.
    Right.

I have a right ta' think liberals breed like rats.

And they deserve, errrr,, I mean have da' right ta' grow mo' than 2 tits, both male and females with God given, rightful "breed'in farms in which ta' procreate da' species.

I really like da' right to ta' enjoy sliced and diced, ova' easy, liberal dribble.

If I may make an analogy..

Liberal /commies /whateva' are like a plate glass window. You can bang them with T-totally common sense, like 2 +2 = 4. Liberalism makes them sit down and not budge on a truism of ideology, political, philosophical, less they are social well meaning unorganized dimwits, no matter how glaringly the truth of "out of the box free minds" they lack, the truth be damned of course. They finally shatter in a million pieces of demanding little, I want it now, I deserve it now, jack-offs and scream "mommy Gov'ment help us"!

Conclusion: True left of the left, Liberals are a classical definition of insanity. You know the one, the old adage. Yup, that definition of lunacy.

Dank 'ya fer' steer'in me in da' "right" direction Major M.

From da' land O' nervous sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by crass cop View Post
    who cares....was she hot??
    Quote Originally Posted by mookster View Post
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.
    Currently Being Ignored by

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Forum Member

magnificent rant sir

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    Gotta let you libs stew in your own stink for a few days.

Anybody can spew rhetoric
    You prove this point with every stroke of a key. Good job.

Hell, I can think of entire news networks, and countless radio pundits, that have made one heck of a living pandering to the lowest common intellectual denominator of our country.
    Me too. MSNBC, National Barry Club, American Barry Cronies, Rachel Maddow, Larry O'Donnell, Chris Matthews...... idiots and racists, all.

Liberals like you have no idea what that means. But I do. And I DO. Very much so. Now, contribute something constructive to this conversation, or leave. Nobody likes you.
    The All New
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

E PLURIBUS UNUM
    Me too. MSNBC, National Barry Club, American Barry Cronies, Rachel Maddow, Larry O'Donnell, Chris Matthews...... idiots and racists, all.
    You'll get no argument out of me there, as I wasn't only referring to "conservative" outlets. I don't pay much attention to pundits (on either side), but do you have anything to substantiate that Chris Matthews is a racist?

Liberals like you have no idea what that means. But I do. And I DO. Very much so.
    What flag is that exactly?

Now, contribute something constructive to this conversation, or leave. Nobody likes you.

Make a deal with you, I will when you do

And good thing this isn't a popularity contest

I would think a man of your age and experience would conduct himself with more poise

Forum Member

Umm uhh "poise? Is that a Frankish word? And we don't have to wait for the Trooper to tell us: it's an AMERICAN flag, Sir.

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country

I would think a man of your age and experience would conduct himself with more poise
    And I would think a snot nosed student like you would know it is often far better to shut your pie hole, listen (read) and show some respect, than to start right off in a cop forum pizzin' off the fixtures. If you just have to stay, fine. Then show some class and just read and learn before you post.
    The All New
    - M1Garand

Senior Veteran

And I would think a snot nosed student like you would know it is often far better to shut your pie hole, listen (read) and show some respect, than to start right off in a cop forum pizzin' off the fixtures. If you just have to stay, fine. Then show some class and just read and learn before you post.
    I have to say how much I admire you 1042 Pelosi. You never, but never insult anyone on this forum. You are the greatest.
    Resq14 likes this.
    Retired

Retired

This thread reminds me of why I didn't bother coming back another three months after my six month suspension. Amazing what passes for intelligence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Welcome to Sierra Vista

Forum Member

1042 Trooper doesn't like Barry much.
    Oh did I break someone's bubble by saying that?
    OK someone please pass me the defibrillator.
    slamdunc and ten08 like this.

Civillian
    By the way, I'm for free rubbers and birth control... look at all the morons walking this earth. I also really believe that the earth is too heavily populated. I'm not for genocide so the only other option is to curb the birth rate somehow..

Anyways, back to ranting
    slamdunc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jannino View Post
    By the way, I'm for free rubbers
    Did you by "free" mean at Public expense? No-one can manufacture them for free. OK maybe give them out at hospitals and clinics. My taxes should subsidize free condom dispensers at bars? Shouldn't licentious people have to buy their own? Should we make cigarettes free because they reduce population?

and birth control...
    Birth control is what the obstetrician implements in the delivery room. You want the Public to fund contraceptives? People who don't want them won't use them. People who should want them perhaps won't want them. People who are likely to want them and likely to use them can most of them already buy their own so why should the Public pay for them?

look at all the morons walking this earth.
    Yeah. I like 'em. OK?

I also really believe that the earth is too heavily populated.
    OK. So let's make food we furnish to starving people contraceptive. I'd go along with that.

I'm not for genocide
    That's big of you.

so the only other option is to curb the birth rate somehow..
    We're not going to get people to stop having sex, and free contraceptives are more likely to enable people to buy more dope than they are to keep "morons" from producing more of their ilk, so let's just lace the starvation relief food.

Anyways, back to ranting
    Doesn't everyone love a good rant?
    asullivan likes this.

Professor of Stuff
    magnificent rant sir

Thanks fer' da' complement, but ya' know iz' not too gud' of a ranta' not nearly as you and da' big boy'z...

Ya' the Admiral is a lousy ranter!!

He's a BIG loser!

Ya' lil BAsTard"z!!!

Iz, Iz, Iz, gunna' hunT'z ya' dowN'z and Give ya' a blistaR'in ya' neva' seen new'z ya' evA' will'z get agAin'z I do's decLare'z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    This thread reminds me of why I didn't bother coming back another three months after my six month suspension. Amazing what passes for intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by jannino View Post
    By the way, I'm for free rubbers and birth control...
    Anyways, back to ranting

Me TOO'z!!!!!

Go get em' Bar-keep!!

Doesn't everyone love a good rant?

Godddamn'z rite Major!!!

Who don'ts like a gud' rant I do ask thee???

Sept' if course,,,Iz' do'in da' rant'inz.............

Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Forum Member

helped set up computational facilities to keep all this ranting running

Gotta love a good rant.

Professor of Stuff
    helped set up computational facilities to keep all this ranting running

Gotta love a good rant.

Well hell!

I hate werms, specially went they come out all cut off...

Went I go digg'in fer' werms I want good ones 'dat arent' cut all ups..

Iz plan on removin allz da' negative today; I adapted nirvana crapolla today, a place, thingy or state characterized by freedom from or oblivion to pain, soberness, worry, blister free zones of mental midgeted, crotch hold'in cry baby'z I say and the external world, all that crap ya' claw fer', scream fer', beg fer', dream of, ya, we, them, they, whoeva'!!!bunch of lazy bastard'z, big fat ones too iz' might addz......yeah I am a half bake mule-skinna from a different place, but this is exactly how I feelz' gluey all ova'. I am finished with the people who are so negative, hate da' optimistic close-minded, limiting, and suffocating, blabber'in idiots, slack jawed, girly wristed, twisted corn fed, fat dumb and happy, retarded, tax suck'in, whinn'in "go to da' titty tatty of "free stuffy" crumb bums that iz I am truly is, finally, and determinedly done with this black hole of jibber'in fool'z I declares..

Futha' mo', I say we take all dem' little insigificant cry babys, pour hot grease ova' em'z, ring em'z out, throw em'z in a can like bunch of rotten sardines dat' we, they, them, us, whova', is near and run over it wid' a big old steam 'roller made of good old, leatha' slapp'in, heavy butt kick'in stupidity'z wid' a good heap'in fist full of "go straight ta' hell jack" right in thar' them, they, us whoeva, kisser so deep it will ring da' next universe full of tha' same idiots dat' dink they know everythang Sooooo well, Soooooo Goood, them lousy introverted dick lick'in "know it all'z"..I'm sick and tired of slamm'in down, pull'in dar' stupid pants 'round thier skinny worthless, knee knocked up half bred sista'z..

So here'z Iz iz again. I look at me, and you, them, they, and everbody looks like just grew six mo' balls and lost 90% of thier brainy thingy'z, just when Ya', them, we, me whoeva' wiggles makes me wanna puke up ma' sleave, tie off at da' cuff and bitch slap da' holey crap outta' everylast one of us..Love ta' kick ya' cat right in da' ribs, make da' guts fly off inta' wheva' guts go.. Bend us ova' and slam my big black baton up our butts so far' ya' wud' have a portal potty to the Holy maker' himself!

. I dream'z da'moments when everybody's look at me, or when you remember I'm ya' ticket ta' da' devils front door. Teach ya' ta' come begg'in ME, fer' mercy, wanna change ma' mind do's ya? dat' will be a earth day ya' neva' wanna' see, let ma' make dat' true and clear Mr. and Mrs. fool, tool, full O' hot gas bagged, blow hard know-it-all'z, lizard lick'in, bug infested jerk off'z..Ya', me, them, they, any perverted peep really 'dink I, ME give a damndable, damns what ya' think? ya' 2 bit ego filled warped sicko whore, that a donkey would't a bang in heat and all'z drunked up'z ta' boot..Nutt'in but a old cracked skull half full on a good day'z of luke warm turd juice...come over ta' ma' well of stupidity, look down, see dat' clown, that meally mouthed, spineless, dumber than a dimwitted toad stool.

So THAR'! use dat' fer' mouth wash cuzz ya' gunna' need it afta' Iz' slam a yaz', them, they whoeva'z teeth down dat' miserable'z used rubba' ya' call a throat. Why iz' damned mad and taint' gunna take it no mo'!!!Ram ma' finga'z, make dat' my fist up ya' vent hole, bang it side ta' side, up's and downz, 'round and 'rounds till I find ya' brain root and give it a good ole' texas tug, rip dat' thang out, swing it 'round and 'round till it popped off like a penis pump dat' went sonic, den' turn it 'round and slam it down da' gullet, twist it all'z up'z fer eva' and eva' I declare..Show you, them, us, me, a damned darwin monkey rejected piece of twisted warped, slimed dunked DNA whoeva' who da' boss wid' big nasta' hairy burn'in balls made of pure un-ad-ul-te-ra-ted it's "Ya time ta' pay"..Ya' me, them thay, whoeva' gunna' get down on thee kneez and pray and pray dat' daz' eva' seen dat bastard da' Admiral on a good day, I say......

Trigga' TRIGGA' where's is thou??????

Iz 'a skeered..

Could ya bring ma' blanket?

errr,, and ma' teddy bear's??

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Forum Member

How does he do that? ... Anyone? ... Anyone?

E PLURIBUS UNUM
    And I would think a snot nosed student like you
    so because I've returned to school to pursue another degree, I'm "snot nosed?" Interesting observation

shut your pie hole, listen (read) and show some respect...show some class
    Disagreeing with you is not being disrespectful, it's discourse...we're just talking, stop taking it so personally. And class? In recent threads, you have both spoken disparagingly of me and called me names...time for some self-reflection, for it is not I that is conducting myself in a classless manner.

just read and learn before you post.
    I have yet to see any evidence that would lead me to believe that I have anything to learn from you

than to start right off in a cop forum pizzin' off the fixtures.
    This is funny...you legitimately believe because this is a cop forum, that anyone that disagrees with you, a retired cop, is being disrespectful and doesn't belong here. I'm sorry that difference of opinion upsets you so.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last