Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: For the Proud Members of the 47%

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country

For the Proud Members of the 47%

He's yours. You voted for him. You own him. Now we all have to pay for him.

You all owe us a refund.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...waii-vacation/

This man is a disgrace.
    Retired96, OneAdam12 and benjyy121 like this.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Well the Washington Times is a right wing hack job paper, owned and controlled first by Moon and then his family.

That's the South Korean who thought he was Jesus.

The article also fails to mention the fact that President Obama has taken far less vacation time than others especially President Bush.
    ten08 likes this.

Forum Member
    It is correct that all presidents have and should take time off for vacations. Given the need to provide security, the tab to taxpayers will always be rather steep. I have zero problems with the Obamas going away.....gee I really like that last part but I digress.

At issue here (IMO) is the timing. There's a serious economic issue at hand requiring something by the end of the month. While the Dems are sticking to their ridiculous "tax the wealthy" plan which according to them will solve everything, they are refusing to curtail spending. And we're generally taking proposed spending increases. Obama believes he has a mandate now that he's been re-elected and is untouchable. Perhaps he does/is. God help us.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

South central escapee...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    He's yours. You voted for him. You own him. Now we all have to pay for him.

You all owe us a refund.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...waii-vacation/

This man is a disgrace.
    No- he's "ours" ( yours too !!!) Obama is ONLY 1/3 of the gov't- get the rightwingers in congress to STOP dragging their butts on "unpopular notions", i.e cutting gov't aid to the less fortunate( ithe "47%" includes all those disabled, soldiers, retired citizens, under priviledged kids in school), TAX breaks for the WEALTHY,( damn !maybe then the rest of us who are" in the middle" wouldn't have to pay as much! we've had a DECADE of "tax breaks for the wealthy"- where's the return????) and maybe then there could be some progress- Now that's " real hope and change" for ya......
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 12-04-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

I believe he is playing poker with Congress. He's trying a bluff, to say look, I'm not bending. I'm not even in town. .. pass our bill or nothing.

It's political chess.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by TeologicalDispute View Post
    Well the Washington Times is a right wing hack job paper, owned and controlled first by Moon and then his family.

That's the South Korean who thought he was Jesus.

The article also fails to mention the fact that President Obama has taken far less vacation time than others especially President Bush.
    Look who is doing OpEds for the Mooney Times now
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=politics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Welcome to Sierra Vista

Forum Member
    I don't think Obama is bluffing. He is a winner either way it goes......at least in his eyes. If we go over this "Fiscal Cliff" then he gets higher taxes on everyone (which personally if taxes are going to be raised it should be on everyone) and getting a HUGH cut in military spending. If we don't then he will most likely bent the Republics over and get his tax increase on those damn nasty 1%ers. I wound if the biker gangs are getting pi55ed off because their 1% has been taken over by the rich elite.

What I love is the absolute hypocrisy with these CEOs that supported BO with his increased taxes including dividends and then are rushing to pay their stock holders a dividend before 2012. Reminds me of a firefighter rushing to the playboy mansion on a report of a bunny in distress.
    "Don't make perfect the enemy of good."

There are truths which are not for all men, nor for all times.

"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe."

Frederick Douglass

E PLURIBUS UNUM
    The man has had arguably the worlds most stressful job during unarguably the worst financial and economic time since the inception of the global market, and possibly in all of modern history.

The entourage that constitutes the vast majority of expenses did not begin with this administration, nor did the idea of presidential vacations themselves

deal with it

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOAcop38 View Post
    TAX breaks for the WEALTHY,( damn !maybe then the rest of us who are" in the middle" wouldn't have to pay as much!
    Dream on. Revenues realized from taxing the 'wealthy' won't do a damn thing to help unless we curb spending. Period. Too many takers in this country. They will soon outnumber those who contribute. But hey.....makes you feel good? Go with it.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

E PLURIBUS UNUM
    Quote Originally Posted by KapsFB View Post
    Dream on. Revenues realized from taxing the 'wealthy' won't do a damn thing to help unless we curb spending. Period. Too many takers in this country. They will soon outnumber those who contribute. But hey.....makes you feel good? Go with it.
    While raising the top marginal tax rate by 4% alone will not "fix" anything, it does, if even only by a small margin, begin to address the growing income disparity (much more attention should be brought to this) that has existed, and grown, for the better part of 30 years.

Reeling in spending does, and IS, on the table, as the Obama administration has proposed cuts to the largest areas of our budget, to include defense spending. Republicans are refusing both the tax hike (which isn't a hike at all, but an expiration of a tax holiday) and cuts in military spending (where our budget is equal to the combined budgets of the next 28 counties with the highest defense budgets COMBINED), and have planted their flag in the sand over these two issues.

The president has plans to reduce the deficit, and it is clearly outlined in the White House's 2013 budget (although Sarah Palin accuses the Obama administration of having never proposed a budget, a flat out lie from the former Governor), and there are numerous analysis of the budget, most notably, perhaps, the analysis done by the CBO, found here: http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/c...03-16-APB1.pdf

What have the Republicans proposed? Other than NOT increasing the top marginal rate, and NOT cutting the defense budget, they have not detailed any plan, and certainly no specifics, to the American people...in fact, John Boehner was on Fox News with Chris Wallace just last week and refused to give any specifics, stating that there was no sense in discussing them and debating them on the show, citing that Chris Wallace's inability to sign the Republican proposal into law (haha you're not the President) as reason enough to preclude him from getting into specifics.

The Republicans, specifically Boehner, Geithner, and McConnel (and to a lesser extent now that the primary is over, Romney) are lying about how the "Obama budget" will affect the U.S. economy. Suggesting that the increase in the marginal rate will affect "mostly" small businesses IS A LIE...implying that this increased tax will hurt employers ability to employ people IS A LIE. Yet these are the things they have hung their collective "hat" on, and it is disgusting.

This model of supply side economics we have followed since the late 80's (arguably longer) is not working, and economists not on the Murdoch payroll know this. It's time we got out from under this failure

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAM Rand View Post
    (which personally if taxes are going to be raised it should be on everyone)
    Couldn't disagree more. For the life of me I can never understand the argument that everyone should pay the same percentage on the same level of income. Your argument would make sense if everyone had the same percentage left over to invest or save after the bills were paid but we all don't. For a family making $50,000 per year, they're probably paying $49,000 in bills. Yet a family making 5 million surely isn't paying 4.9 million in bills.

This is the logic behind the progressive tax. It's not a penalty as conservatives suggest because increases only kick in when a person makes above and beyond a certain level. No matter what the top tax rate is, a millionaire pays the same percentage on his first 50K as a guy making 50K.

Finally, if they raise the top rate back to 39%, the wealthy will still pay less than they did pre Bush tax cuts because the percentages of 10, 15 and 25 will remain in effect on the income they earn below 250K.

With that said, we still need to cut spending as others have suggested. A 4% increase alone doesn't get it done.
    _XD_ likes this.
    Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
    The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.
    But there is a place, sweet as you will ever know,
    In music and love, and things you never tell.
    You see it in their face, secrets on the telephone,
    A time out of time, for you and no one else

This Can't Be!
    Quote Originally Posted by _XD_ View Post
    The man has had arguably the worlds most stressful job during unarguably the worst financial and economic time since the inception of the global market, and possibly in all of modern history.
    And he sold his soul, lied and spent endless hours campaigning to get it. He wanted it. So badly he rat f**ked many others to get it. So now he's got it, and we should feel sorry for him? No sale. He's a disgrace.

The entourage that constitutes the vast majority of expenses did not begin with this administration
    Nope - but he called Dubya "unpatriotic" for it, when he has tripled it.
    , nor did the idea of presidential vacations themselves
    Yeah - but every other president has EARNED theirs. All he has done to earn leisure time, is take more leisure time, for God's sake. He is a laughable and wastefully pathetic imposter to his office.
    Retired96 likes this.
    The All New
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Mega Infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Army MP View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. For the life of me I can never understand the argument that everyone should pay the same percentage on the same level of income. Your argument would make sense if everyone had the same percentage left over to invest or save after the bills were paid but we all don't. For a family making $50,000 per year, they're probably paying $49,000 in bills. Yet a family making 5 million surely isn't paying 4.9 million in bills.

This is the logic behind the progressive tax. It's not a penalty as conservatives suggest because increases only kick in when a person makes above and beyond a certain level. No matter what the top tax rate is, a millionaire pays the same percentage on his first 50K as a guy making 50K.

Finally, if they raise the top rate back to 39%, the wealthy will still pay less than they did pre Bush tax cuts because the percentages of 10, 15 and 25 will remain in effect on the income they earn below 250K.

With that said, we still need to cut spending as others have suggested. A 4% increase alone doesn't get it done.

I call BS on your posting. While I and my wife qualifies to be so called the "Rich", after paying for our expenses, taxes, kids school/daycare and other necessities, we have barely enough to save up for kids college funds.

I think we should tax the hell out of the registered democrats since they are the ones who wants to implement all these entitlement programs. Let's start with Hollywood stars, certain musicians, politicians, Warren Buffet, George Soros... Let's tax them up to 90% of their income as they sure don't need to have all that money. After all, that 10% they get to keep would probably be more than enough for them to spend in their life time. Then I'd be more than glad to pay my "fair share" of the taxes. Just in case you think I'm not doing my fair share, every dollar me and my wife earns, nearly half of it goes to the government one way or the other.

Mega Infidel

The entourage that constitutes the vast majority of expenses did not begin with this administration, nor did the idea of presidential vacations themselves

deal with it
    He wanted the job and he got it.. TWICE, so let's stop that blame game of he inherited from Bush and so on. Don't forget Bush's second term had majority democrat senate and the house, which they have passed and approved spending. Yes, Bush's administration did spend excessively and yes, there were 10 trillion dollars worth of debt when he walked away, but now we have more than $16 Trillion in debt, no budget for the past few years and so far his way of dealing with it is to punish people working hard to make their money, corporations employing workers and to spend even more money. There are significantly more people on food stamp now than ever.

I don't completely blame one person for this, but He has to take some responsibilities for lacking leadership, lacking actions and lead by an example. Republicans.... well, they got what they deserved for bringing in a Liberal candidate to run against another liberal. There were clearly no difference in between Mittbama and Obama (based on actions taken by then Gov. Romney in MA).

Best thing he can do now is to prove me and the other 50% of American population WRONG... but I doubt that will happen.

And he sold his soul, lied and spent endless hours campaigning to get it. He wanted it. So badly he rat f**ked many others to get it. So now he's got it, and we should feel sorry for him? No sale. He's a disgrace.

Yeah - but every other president has EARNED theirs. All he has done to earn leisure time, is take more leisure time, for God's sake. He is a laughable and wastefully pathetic imposter to his office.
    How come you never offer anything of substance? Vague attacks are all you have.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Mega Infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffIL View Post
    How come you never offer anything of substance? Vague attacks are all you have.
    Because no matter what he writes, he'll be labeled as a bigot, hater, right wing moron and so on. I am guessing he's now bypassing all the explanation and reasoning to get directly to the point to save time.

I think a lot of those are true in his case, especially since I called him out in another thread today where he was lying.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Mega Infidel
    JeffIL... I'm sure he was trying to make a point as I was with the drowning incidents with swimming pool in that particular posting.

You know where I stand when it comes to my political view. This country is by far one of the greatest places to be. Take it from me as I've lived on the other side of the world and I've spent good number of days in foreign soil. Unfortunately, many changes that are happening around here is not the America that I fell in love with and it is slowly losing its identity. I want my kids to have all the opportunities that I've enjoyed in all my life. I don't want them to be punished for achieving or accomplishing their goals. I sure don't want people to think that I, my wife or my families were given these opportunities due to affirmative actions, but I want people to acknowledge that our accomplishment is due to our hard work.

I have no problem with people having liberal views, but my issue with many liberals is that they tend to be asking for respect and yet they will not respect people with different views. I've never shove my agenda on someone else' throat nor demand people to accommodate my need over others. I've been called an ignorant Christian bigot and a racist for being who I am, and yet I'm the one with two kids who's God parents are ALL minorities, including South Americans.

I can truly understand where Trooper1042 is coming from and I can relate to many of his postings.

If anyone want to call me or label me as a racist, ignorant Christian bigot, hater and so on, then so be it as I know and my closest friends know who I really am.

Have a very Merry Christmas and be safe and be well my friend.

E PLURIBUS UNUM
    Quote Originally Posted by M1garand View Post
    He wanted the job and he got it.. TWICE, so let's stop that blame game of he inherited from Bush and so on.
    Where did I insinuate that anything was Bush's fault? In fact, where did I mention Bush, the past administration, or a single Republican even once in my post?

his way of dealing with it is to punish people working hard to make their money, corporations employing workers

attempting to re-establish and maintain the progressive nature of our tax system is not punishment. If a 39% top marginal tax rate is "punishment," what was it called when it was 50%? What about when it was over 90%? Were the "job creators" (disgusting term) completely unable to employ workers then? Were there zero rich citizens then? How was our economic growth during those periods? Returning to 39% will hurt nobody, there will be just be a few less dollars in off shore bank accounts...and the President shouldn't stop there, Capital Gains taxes should be next.

spend even more money

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to here, but if you are referring to stimulus dollars, "the" stimulus, and subsequent ones, were absolutely necessary (although imperfectly designed and implemented).

I don't completely blame one person for this, but He has to take some responsibilities for lacking leadership, lacking actions and lead by an example.

Nor would I blame a single person, and I wouldn't call the President a perfect leader or CIC, but I don't think you're giving him the credit he deserves. I think we can agree that for at least half of his first term he faced a congressional majority who's primary objective was to deny him a second presidency (McConnell's words, not mine), and has been dead set against nearly every proposal made by the White House, then come election time, wants to point out how nothing got done...

Yet, in spite of this, we have made great strides following very bad recession. We're out of Iraq, scheduled to wrap up in A-stan, Bin Laden is dead (although the Taliban is still strong, stemming from a failing diplomatic approach to Pakistan, IMO), drone strikes on countless terrorists (to the point where some Liberals refer to it as drone terrorism), GDP is up, as is the Dow, unemployment is down, the housing market is showing signs of life again, we've achieved some level of much needed Wall Street reform (probably still not enough, though), student loan reformation, passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, relieving some of the tax burden on the middle class

I'll stop there, but there are many other examples of leadership out of this President. I'm with you, I hope he proves all the nay-sayers wrong over the next 4 years, but the only ones who will admit they were wrong will be the ones who will admit they were wrong about the first 4, like me. I voted for McCain...I vehemently disagreed, and still do, with the Republican approach to economics, but I wanted a man who I felt would govern better than some upstart from Chicago. I was wrong. Has he been perfect? Absolutely not. But what president has? Certainly not Saint Reagan, who the Republican's laughablly tout as the answer to everything American
    DOAcop38 likes this.

Forum Member
    Because no matter what he writes, he'll be labeled as a bigot, hater, right wing moron and so on. I am guessing he's now bypassing all the explanation and reasoning to get directly to the point to save time.
    Nail square on the head.......
    \

South central escapee...
    Quote Originally Posted by KapsFB View Post
    FUNNY THAT- Clinton RAISED TAXES ON THE WEALTHY! No "end of America", and with the rightwingers desire to cut "entitlements" the the sweaty faced masses( of which TAX cuts for the rich are also) the deficit then was "magically" REDUCED and we got a significant surplus(which Bush Jr then gave BACK to the rich). See? team effort, something even rightwing Sen.Simpson said was the problem with teabagger politicians- that they are basically to damn dumb to realize its a team effort.

No one here is suggesting that raising taxes on the affluent is the total answer, but its a start.another start is the END the Bush era tax cuts, which were supposed to end 2 YEARS ago( about the time Rightwingers in congress were saying "F-- you" to tax cuts to the middle class- oh I see some of you FORGOT that,huh???!!!!

We have to get back to REGULATION of wanton banking systems- the libertarian view of the system "righting itself is DANGEROUS,CHILDISH and morally corrupt.

We need to push harder on import issues( especially countries that won't take our products, and won't fairly vaue their currency on the world market, like - hhrrmm- "Cough" redscumsuckingchildabusingnohumanrightstrademarkin fringingmajor pollutercyberwarfarepromoter CHINA- or as I call them, the rightwing Big businessmans' best friend!)

to further what XD- Obama admin. isn't perfect and should be held in check on some issues- but FLAT out folks, the GOP held parts of the federal gov't are simply LYING about Obama's budget,, and they really DO want the country to FAIL financially just so they can be finally recognized as "right" . Romney LOST people- the nation spoke and voted for the lesser of the "two evils".........
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

South central escapee...
    And Romney didn't???!!! hahahahaha, Troop- how many times did that DRAFT DODGING(" I'm saving souls in Paris") USED CARSALESMAN looking dip run for Pres??? Even the bain of the rightwingers, al gore WENT TO VIETNAM and got his feet in the mud( while dub'ya flew 2nd tier jets AT HOME, and considered himself a "warrior"- Dubya' could've transferred to train on 1st rate fighters and went "over there",yeah know....)

At the time he was right, but now Obama has got his work cut out for him NOT to fall into the same trap- and UNLIKE Bush Jrs congress, Boehner and the rightwingers /teabaggers are doing every DAMN thing they can to see to it that the avg. american is miserable, and that Obama FAILS....

*yawn* Dubya TOOK more time off than any president in U.S. history, including Obama, and di very little in the way of national issues,. other than be a "w'ooorrrrrr presee' din't"...

E PLURIBUS UNUM

I'd love to discuss this with you, but I don't entertain pure unadulteraded rhetoric

South central escapee...
    I'd love to discuss this with you, but I don't entertain pure unadulteraded rhetoric
    he'll either just laugh and agree to disagree,or he'll go to another topic ( you do know Troop is happily RETIRED froma "good gub'ment job",and likes to rile folks up when he's "BORED") Race abaiting? occassionally. Crap talking ? yup- its the retired cop in him( you know we all just "LOVE" to be RIGHT all the time) Mean spirited? maybe not.

I guarantee you if he were a democrat, he'd be just as obstinate. but I doubt he's a rightwing loon like say, a "road flare mary" or the majority of the teabaggers....

This Can't Be!
    No balls, no blue chips. C'mon, you liberal weenie. Give it a try...........discuss .......
    The All New
    - M1Garand

Page 1 of 2 12 Last