Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Moron in GA shoots 17yr old over loud music

Forum Member

Thumbs down Moron in GA shoots 17yr old over loud music

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/m...d-music/nTGxX/

Man accused of killing teen over loud music

COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Police believe a Marietta teen was killed at a Florida gas station for playing loud music.

Jordan Davis, 17, was gunned down at a Jacksonville gas station Friday night. A family friend told Channel 2’s Craig Lucie the teen would split time between his mother’s home in Marietta and Jacksonville with his father.

Jacksonville police said Davis was with his friends when Michael Dunn, 45, pulled up near their car. Police said Dunn got into an argument with the group about the loud music they were playing. Then, Dunn fired eight to nine shots into the car, fatally wounding Davis, police said.

“It was shock. I actually did a double take, because I couldn't believe it and as some details have come out, it was something that certainly shouldn't have happened,” family friend Larry Peck told Lucie.

Homicide investigators said Dunn fled the scene with his girlfriend, but he later said he felt threatened during their argument. His lawyer said he acted in self-defense. Dunn pleaded not guilty to murder charges Monday.

Peck said Davis’ parents rushed to Jacksonville when they heard about the shooting.

“Hopefully, in time, they'll have an understanding of why everything happened the way it did,” Peck said.

The family plans to hold services in Cobb County for Davis on Friday.

Forum Member

If it went down like the article says, this guy is going to get lynched... rightfully. You are so threatened that you pull up along side the other car and lick 9 shots into it.

I have ceased attempting to understand what people were thinking...
    If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    I have ceased attempting to understand what people were thinking...
    I have adopted your strategy. I once thought that I would understand why people do the stupid / terrible things they do. I am now glad that I cannot comprehend this.

TheTick likes this.

Banned

Yet another example of a guy who is definitely making us all safer by having a gun.

Yup, I got to say, I'm really starting to see the point everyone is making here. People having guns is great! They just go around making the same rational, calm decisions with maturity and nothing bad happens.

I'm on board! Let's get everyone a gun!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimGrand View Post
    Yet another example of a guy who is definitely making us all safer by having a gun.

Yup, I got to say, I'm really starting to see the point everyone is making here. People having guns is great! They just go around making the same rational, calm decisions with maturity and nothing bad happens.

For every one that's used stupidly, many more are on a nightstand to keep something like this from happening:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/a...nvasion/nTHRX/

Stupid people are the problem, guns are inanimate objects.
    RangerJake72 likes this.

Macho Man

There's no way this is the full story.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor13 View Post
    I hope it's not. Otherwise I could see this being the next Zimmerman case fueled by the media as a racist gun crime
    Taylor13 likes this.

Forum Member

So what, a young black male pulls next to me blasting rap music from his car, or classical, rock, whatever. It is music I do not want to hear. (I am Joe Citizen here), i move my vehicle. If I am pumping gas or whatever, i deal with it for a minute or two.

know the best way to deal with it? Ask him a question. "Yo my man, who is that, is that Jay Z"?, the youn un will turn it down, answer you, you then tell him your step son listens to it ( or some other bs). Guess what? He's turning his music down, you have a conversation, you leave, he leaves and he thinks that old white guy, white woman, chinese woman, or whatever you are is okay.

No shots fired AND he turned it down...

Forum Member
    Jax is in Florida, FYI
    ditchdoc24 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceridwen View Post
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Lather it like its stolen
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGSRT View Post
    I hope it's not. Otherwise I could see this being the next Zimmerman case fueled by the media as a racist gun crime
    And why can't it be just that? Who the **** is he to tell someone else to turn their music down? Is it on HIS property? Highly doubt he owns that gas station. And if the story is true, the guys were minding their own business and this joker pulled up to THEM. I don't whip out my pistol when I hear that god awful death metal or the piercing shrill of an electric guitar. If it doesn't concern you, why are you minding someone else's business?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowwhy View Post
    Jax is in Florida, FYI
    Yeah... after my glaring lack of attention to detail there, I knew it was just a matter of time before someone pointed it out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    And why can't it be just that? Who the **** is he to tell someone else to turn their music down? Is it on HIS property? Highly doubt he owns that gas station. And if the story is true, the guys were minding their own business and this joker pulled up to THEM. I don't whip out my pistol when I hear that god awful death metal or the piercing shrill of an electric guitar. If it doesn't concern you, why are you minding someone else's business?
    Okay, now you've gone to far. To drag death metal into this is a travesty...

I do agree with you though. I wonder if the guy would have dumped 9 rounds if the car was full of mullets and blaring "Free Bird".
    slamdunc likes this.
    If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimGrand View Post

Guns don't kill people, people pulling the trigger do. Implementing stricter gun laws will have absolutely no effect on gun violence as the BGs will still obtain their guns anyway. Do you truly believe that a gang banger in Compton is going to give a **** if he now violates just another law in how he got the gun after he already obliterated the Crimes Code to begin with? I doubt it.

In my mind the solution MAY be in the prosecution phase of gun crime. Much stiffer penalties if a gun is used as an instrument of the crime or even possessed during said crime and actually standing by hefty MANDATORY minimum sentences when convicted. I could point out a bunch of guys who I know possessed guns during crimes and got light, again in my mind, sentences of only a few months in the pokey before being paroled.

Useless penalties lead to brazen criminals.

I once had a case where a guy caved in his wife's face with a small radiator heater. I'm pretty sure there was no outcry to de-legalize (word?) radiator heaters. Also, guns are used for MUCH more than for protection and killing people, so don't even try the "what they were made for argument".

Macho Man

I like the system I have, when I pull up next to a bunch of little gangsters I turn up the country, and my system is better than theirs almost every time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    I didn't say that. I said that there must be more to the story then what is being reported (imagine that)

If it's even remotely close to the truth then this guy deserves everything the law can throw at him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RSGSRT View Post

News flash. If it is all there is to the story, then it is a racist gun crime.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    Guns don't kill people, people pulling the trigger do. Implementing stricter gun laws will have absolutely no effect on gun violence as the BGs will still obtain their guns anyway. Do you truly believe that a gang banger in Compton is going to give a **** if he now violates just another law in how he got the gun after he already obliterated the Crimes Code to begin with? I doubt it.

In my mind the solution MAY be in the prosecution phase of gun crime. Much stiffer penalties if a gun is used as an instrument of the crime or even possessed during said crime and actually standing by hefty MANDATORY minimum sentences when convicted. I could point out a bunch of guys who I know possessed guns during crimes and got light, again in my mind, sentences of only a few months in the pokey before being paroled.

Useless penalties lead to brazen criminals.

I once had a case where a guy caved in his wife's face with a small radiator heater. I'm pretty sure there was no outcry to de-legalize (word?) radiator heaters. Also, guns are used for MUCH more than for protection and killing people, so don't even try the "what they were made for argument".

The point was made in another thread that while everyone here keeps saying "bad guys will still get guns with more gun laws", almost all the shootings that have been discussed here lately have been legal gun owners shooting unarmed people.

I'll repeat that.

The shootings on this forum as of late have been all legal gun owners shooting unarmed people.

That flies in the face of your problem with gun laws and "bad guys".

I'd have less problem with gun ownership if these people would stop shooting unarmed people.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheVic View Post
    The point was made in another thread that while everyone here keeps saying "bad guys will still get guns with more gun laws", almost all the shootings that have been discussed here lately have been legal gun owners shooting unarmed people.

I'll repeat that.

The shootings on this forum as of late have been all legal gun owners shooting unarmed people.

That flies in the face of your problem with gun laws and "bad guys".

I'd have less problem with gun ownership if these people would stop shooting unarmed people.
    That's extremely anecdotal. >95% of the stories posted within the General Law Enforcement section are about people screwing up. Of course you're going to see a concentration of negative examples.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
    That's extremely anecdotal. >95% of the stories posted within the General Law Enforcement section here are about people screwing up. Of course you're going to see a concentration of negative examples.

I know. It's sort of an observational bias. The shootings that weren't controversial probably wouldn't get posted.

Everyone else gets away with garbage logical fallacies though, I thought I'd give it a try.

Although you would think there would be some "pat on the back" posts of people who did shoot bad guys with guns with their legal gun.

Forum Member

I know. It's sort of an observational bias. The shootings that weren't controversial probably wouldn't get posted.

Everyone else gets away with garbage logical fallacies though, I thought I'd give it a try.

Although you would think there would be some "pat on the back" posts of people who did shoot bad guys with guns with their legal gun.
    If you disagree with the actions\logic of others, then set the high standard. Stooping to lower level debate tactics, solely because your opponent relies upon them, doesn't substantiate your claim any more soundly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor13 View Post
    The report I saw on it said the guys in the car brandished a shotgun.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    The report I saw on it said the guys in the car brandished a shotgun.
    And the other guy fired 8-9 shots and only hit ONE person. There is a litany of cases where illegal gun owners shot unarmed people. I still remember one that happened in Toledo, OH where two "urban youths" followed a woman walking for blocks taunting her they were going to kill her, then one shot her in the back of the head with a sawed off shotgun "because he always wanted to see somebody die".

Bill
    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Forum Member

You nailed it and yet you focus on the sensationalized perceived "bad shoot" and the alleged legal gun owner behind it, instead of the fact that retards abound and sometimes they use guns.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by willbird View Post
    And the other guy fired 8-9 shots and only hit ONE person. There is a litany of cases where illegal gun owners shot unarmed people. I still remember one that happened in Toledo, OH where two "urban youths" followed a woman walking for blocks taunting her they were going to kill her, then one shot her in the back of the head with a sawed off shotgun "because he always wanted to see somebody die".

Bill
    Please remain on topic. We are only allowed to focus on this bad shoot by a legal gun owner.

Forum Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/top-news/...hooting/nTWmf/

Grand jury indicts man in Fla. loud music shooting

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A Florida grand jury has indicted a man on a first-degree murder charge in the death of a teenager following an argument over loud music coming from the teen's car.

The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/12cV9g2) reports officials in the state attorney's office said Thursday they won't be seeking the death penalty against 46-year-old Michael David Dunn. He was initially charged with second-degree murder.

Dunn is accused of the Nov. 23 shooting death of 17-year-old Jordan Davis.

Officials say Dunn parked next to the vehicle where Davis was sitting with three other teens. Dunn complained about the loud music and they stared arguing. Dunn told police he thought he saw a gun and fired eight or nine shots into the vehicle.

Grand jurors also added three counts of attempted murder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last