Forum Member

Border Wars (new season)

I like Border Wars, but the voice over commentary on the current season is a too Dukes of Hazzard like for my taste. They are also making the same mistake that most of the "reality" shows make in trying to over-dramatize things. It was a fine show and they didn't need to make these changes.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Man View Post
    They are also making the same mistake that most of the "reality" shows make in trying to over-dramatize things.
    If they don't, the general public will deem it too boring, ratings will fall, show will cancel and that will be that. I agree with you, but reality being what it is, there you go.

Forum Member

I agree, I can't stand the new narrator. The changes to the show are annoying enough that I will probably stop watching the show, or start watching it on mute.

Patrullero
    Wow, I wish this job was as exciting as it looks on television. Yes there are exciting moments, but I find that I am mind-numbingly bored 99% of the time.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedyford View Post
    Does anyone believe these shows comes on the heels of our agents getting killed in FF or agents firing to protect themselves from bodily harm by boulder/rock throwers.

Nat Geo is better then a media/news agency special.
    I think that the majority of "reality" shows that focus on law enforcement, are allowed as part of a strategy to help shape the public's opinion of us. When john q public see's that the government is made up of hard working people just like him and the guy's he drinks beer with, he's more likely to lend us the benefit of the doubt when some talking head in the media tries to torch us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKansan View Post
    Wow, I wish this job was as exciting as it looks on television. Yes there are exciting moments, but I find that I am mind-numbingly bored 99% of the time.
    I was talking to a buddy of mine about this last night on shift. They should an episode on processing and show an A-file being put together...in real time.

"Firma aqui...y aqui tambien...y aqui tambien...." lol

Or dedicate an entire episode to sitting on an X