Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Back pain and the Back Defense System

  1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6

    Back pain and the Back Defense System

    Does anyone use this, I saw it in a Magazine?

    backdefensesystems.com/default.asp Sorry the link won't work right since I don't have 100 posts.

    If you do what do you think of it? Is it worth the money?

    I have been having back pain and need to find something to make sitting the car a little more barable.

  2. #2
    Lather it like its stolen
    CityCopDC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5,444
    Hmmm....not sure. I do know that alot of officers use those vest carriers to put the majority of their equipment on their torso so it takes a significant amount of weight off their waist/back. I have never seen or heard of those suspenders you linked. Not sure bro...

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    GIOSTORMUSNRET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,286
    Have one, been using it for about 2 years now. It does make a difference and helps with lower back pain. It relieves the weight from resting on the hip and lower back area when adjusted right. It takes a couple weeks to get used to it, but after you get comfortable with it you don't notice it.
    beachcop05 likes this.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

    "For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

  4. #4
    Equal Height Equal Light

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,388
    I know a guy who swears by it; I haven't taken the plunge myself yet because of the expense.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    GIOSTORMUSNRET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
    I know a guy who swears by it; I haven't taken the plunge myself yet because of the expense.
    Take the plunge, write it off on taxes as uniform/safety item not issued or supplied.
    beachcop05 and Jacob2899 like this.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

    "For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    137
    I have seen a few other threads with good reviews on here..... A coworker uses one and swears by it

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Rush817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,834
    I've been use it for about 2 yrs now and I love it. It takes all the pressure off your lower back and transfers it to your shoulder. Our PD issues them because it will save money in medical cost in the future.
    beachcop05 likes this.
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

  8. #8
    Opionated
    stormz5192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    2,722
    Want it, but refuse to pay $200 for it. Way overpriced.
    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

  9. #9
    It's Complicated
    Iowa #1603's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,156
    Quote Originally Posted by stormz5192 View Post
    Want it, but refuse to pay $200 for it. Way overpriced.
    $200 is cheap to keep from having back/leg pain
    beachcop05 and GIOSTORMUSNRET like this.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."



    I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc


    I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    josephcook78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    172
    I'm going to seriously consider one of those. My back is all jacked up. I've removed all of the weight from my duty belt that I can but it didn't help much. Now that I can't use my thigh holster (to mainly remove some weight from my belt) after an hour or 2 mylower back is knotting up, then hips/legs get pains.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    DC27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    $200 is cheap to keep from having back/leg pain
    Its an investment, and a one time one at that!

    I use the back defender's external suspenders since I wear a vest carrier, it only costs $80.00 versus the $200 dollar internal one.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Rush817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,834
    Hey Josephcook78, if you're in the D/FW area, just give the owners a call and they'll make arrangments to meet up you and set your harness up. They're based out of Crowley, TX.
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern CA to the northeast
    Posts
    1,716
    I just bought it a couple months ago and love it....yes it is 200 dollars, but it is definitely a good investment to make, and like mentioned above, just write it off in taxes. It has taken all the weight off my hips and lower back.

  14. #14
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,290
    People fret about spending 200 bucks on something to better their life.

    WOW.

    Grab some OT and buy something if you are having problems and this is a solution. Write it off later or sell it if it doesnt work for you.

    I've had back pains for the last few months now leg pain so I am looking into it...havent heard of it until now.
    beachcop05 likes this.

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6
    Wow!!!i have been on the job for 12 years and just started having back problems in the last few months. I'm glad others are speaking up on how to remedy the issue.

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern CA to the northeast
    Posts
    1,716
    And the owners of the company are great and will work with you....the number on the website is the owner's personal cell phone number.

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    GIOSTORMUSNRET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by stormz5192 View Post
    Want it, but refuse to pay $200 for it. Way overpriced.
    You may think it's overpriced, but it's MADE IN THE USA by Americans. You're supporting Americans when you buy it.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

    "For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

  18. #18
    Opionated
    stormz5192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    2,722
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
    You may think it's overpriced, but it's MADE IN THE USA by Americans. You're supporting Americans when you buy it.
    Touche'. I'm just bitter. We are just now switching to a 2 belt system, as we have always only wore 1 belt. We are hoping to go to an external vest with a uniform shirt carrier in the new year or two.
    Iowa #1603 likes this.
    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

  19. #19
    St. Cloud Proud!
    SCSU74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wayyyy up Nort
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotz View Post
    Does anyone use this, I saw it in a Magazine?

    backdefensesystems.com/default.asp Sorry the link won't work right since I don't have 100 posts.

    If you do what do you think of it? Is it worth the money?

    I have been having back pain and need to find something to make sitting the car a little more barable.
    Yep! We were issued them in the academy. Some of the older guys that have worn gun belts prior "hated" them mostly because they didn't take the time to adjust them properly. Once adjusted it is very comfortable and takes all the weight of the belt off your hips. It is totally concealable and nobody can tell you're wearing one. The keepers are built in and you can choose from a variety of options. Another thing I like is the ability to wear inner belt and duty belt a lot looser. Don't need to crank it down anymore. It also acts as a shirt stay system and keeps uniform shirt tucked in and tight. Let me know if you have any questions or want some pics
    In Valor there is hope

  20. #20
    Caution: Unvetted member.
    KenW.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    3,497
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
    You may think it's overpriced, but it's MADE IN THE USA by Americans. You're supporting Americans when you buy it.
    By Americans with a Spanish accent or a green card?
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

    Douglas MacArthur

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    CPDEMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    OC
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    Yep! We were issued them in the academy. Some of the older guys that have worn gun belts prior "hated" them mostly because they didn't take the time to adjust them properly. Once adjusted it is very comfortable and takes all the weight of the belt off your hips. It is totally concealable and nobody can tell you're wearing one. The keepers are built in and you can choose from a variety of options. Another thing I like is the ability to wear inner belt and duty belt a lot looser. Don't need to crank it down anymore. It also acts as a shirt stay system and keeps uniform shirt tucked in and tight. Let me know if you have any questions or want some pics
    Pictures please!

  22. #22
    Forum Member
    GIOSTORMUSNRET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by KenW. View Post
    By Americans with a Spanish accent or a green card?
    No, by americans. You can call and ask if you have questions.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

    "For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    AI_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    484
    I admit I'm a little slow, but how does this thing go under your shirt and still connect to your belt?

  24. #24
    Forum Member
    Rush817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by AI_guy View Post
    I admit I'm a little slow, but how does this thing go under your shirt and still connect to your belt?
    You put your vest on. The harness which has four keepers (2 in front and 2 in back) goes on top of your vest. You clip the keepers to your inner belt then you put your shirt on. Tuck your shirt in and the keepers will double as a shirt stay. Then you unclip your keepers, put your outer belt on then clip your keepers.http://www.backdefensesystems.com/
    Last edited by Rush817; 11-23-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

  25. #25
    Forum Member
    GIOSTORMUSNRET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush817 View Post
    You put your vest on. The harness which has four keepers (2 in front and 2 in back) goes on top of your vest. You clip the keepers to your inner belt then you put your shirt on. Tuck your shirt in and the keepers will double as a shirt stay. Then you unclip your keepers, put your outer belt on then clip your keepers.http://www.backdefensesystems.com/
    Yeah that's about it, I don't clip the inner belt in, the new version is thicker and it makes it harder to do the snaps on the belt keepers.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

    "For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Click here to log in or register