Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: DQ'ed From Chicago Police

Forum Member

DQ'ed From Chicago Police

Has anyone been disqualified from chicago? does anyone know how long it takes to hear something back from the appeal process?

Forum Member

I didn't even know u could appeal. What would you appeal the psych?

Forum Member

no, experimented with a drug twice when i was 20 and they didn't like that. I appealed it and said it was when i was 20 and it was only experimental. i was given the chance to appeal.

Forum Member

How did you appeal? Whats the process?

Watching, Always Watching
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC86 View Post
    Has anyone been disqualified from chicago? does anyone know how long it takes to hear something back from the appeal process?
    Only thing I know about it is that a few people who appealed the dq's from the 2006 test didn't get their appeals ok'd until the first hiring of 2011. There were a few of those who appealed from the 2006 test that were in the Oct. class of 2011.
    Why u asking me? I don't have a clue!! I'm just a know-it-all 'cause I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jailguard... View Post
    I didn't even know u could appeal. What would you appeal the psych?
    You can't appeal the psych portion of the test...

Forum Member

What kind of drug?
    chi town girl 01 likes this.

Forum Member

no, experimented with a drug twice when i was 20 and they didn't like that. I appealed it and said it was when i was 20 and it was only experimental. i was given the chance to appeal.
    Wow only twice? And you still got DQ? I guess they are really unforgiving when it comes to this stuff.

Forum Member

i received a certified letter from chicago about 3 weeks ago. they gave me about 10 days to appeal it and i did. i don't know how long it will take until i hear something back. i hope they see that when i used it i wasn't even qualified to apply for cps. i was only 20. this was 6 years ago and it was only twice.

Forum Member
    Did they tell you the drug use was the specific reason for your DQ?

Forum Member

yeah, it only lists the reason for dq on that certified letter. you're able to get legal console if you want to appeal it.

Forum Member
    Must have been a hard narcotic like crack or meth. Marijuana is not a dq for Chicago unless you are a habitual user. Or have done it in the last five years.
    "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Forum Member
    There were a few people in my academy class that appealed and got hired, including my last partner. It was a long process though. I took the 2003 test and was hired in 2006. They all took the test prior to the one on 2003. I think it was an average of 5 years from test to being hired.

Forum Member

Dude they wont hire you if you told them you used heroin, crack , or meth.

Forum Member

He still never said what drug it was

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chi town girl 01 View Post
    He still never said what drug it was
    Its has to be some other drug besides weed...CPD has no tolerance for any other drug period!

In 2006, when we had to go for our written pysch exam...if you were told to proceed ahead down a long hallway you were fine... If you were directed to the room to the left of the check in table ... You, were disqualified.... I had a friend that was told to go to the room on the left... She was told that she was being DQ'd because she admitted to using Cocaine on her PHQ.... Automatic DQ...She did not appeal

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyJ View Post
    Its has to be some other drug besides weed...CPD has no tolerance for any other drug period!

In 2006, when we had to go for our written pysch exam...if you were told to proceed ahead down a long hallway you were fine... If you were directed to the room to the left of the check in table ... You, were disqualified.... I had a friend that was told to go to the room on the left... She was told that she was being DQ'd because she admitted to using Cocaine on her PHQ.... Automatic DQ...She did not appeal

Forum Member

it was cocaine. it was almost 6 years ago. we'll see what happens with the appeal. at that time i didn't even qualify to apply. i was 20.

Forum Member
    Yeah, I've heard from multiple people if you have anything else besides mj you're toast for Chicago. 20 is also not that young...

Forum Member

You were an adult and committed a felony. That's why you were DQ'ed

Forum Member
    Imagine the press on that one. God forbid something happens down the road where one gets addicted to narcotics and does something outrageous, the press would be "how could they hire this person, knowing that they had done cocaine in the past?" "They should watch their hiring standards."

Just like certain people currently in the news with a bar beating. The same questions are being asked. Imagine if he had done Cocaine 6 years before getting on the job. We wouldn't be hearing the end of it.

You have to manage known risks and doing cocaine in my opinion as a 20 year old is a known risk when there are thousands who have never done cocaine. Give them a shot.

Watching, Always Watching
    it was cocaine. it was almost 6 years ago. we'll see what happens with the appeal. at that time i didn't even qualify to apply. i was 20.
    Ya' know, I guess this forum probably isn't the place for my mothering phylisophical lectures to take place but I'm going to humor myself on this one because I think it is SO important.

My heart goes out to you USMC because I think you''re the victim of society's twisted thinking about the whole drug issue. For you to think that youth is reason to allow for indescretions about drugs, for you to think that cocaine, even on just a few occasions might be overlooked or excused is mind boggling to me.

I know a lot of people probably will think I just came out from under a rock with my attitude about drugs, but that attitude comes from having a lot of close family members who were in medicine and the knowledge that I grew up with about how devastating drugs are to the body and mind, not an old fuddy duddy religious or moral no-no about them.

Society has taken on an incredibly risky attitude toward drugs. Shame on my generation for allowing it to become what it is today and for kids like USMC to look at "a little" use of cocaine as if it was no big deal.
    That, "No big deal" experiment just cost this kid a CAREER! I consider that a big deal.

Hope you find employment in some other area that you love, USMC, and thanks once again for your service!
    Last edited by Popspd; 11-15-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    Why u asking me? I don't have a clue!! I'm just a know-it-all 'cause I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Popspd View Post
    Ya' know, I guess this forum probably isn't the place for my mothering phylisophical lectures to take place but I'm going to humor myself on this one because I think it is SO important.

My heart goes out to you USMC because I think you''re the victim of society's twisted thinking about the whole drug issue. For you to think that youth is reason to allow for indescretions about drugs, for you to think that cocaine, even on just a few occasions might be overlooked or excused is mind boggling to me.

I know a lot of people probably will think I just came out from under a rock with my attitude about drugs, but that attitude comes from having a lot of close family members who were in medicine and the knowledge that I grew up with about how devastating drugs are to the body and mind, not an old fuddy duddy religious or moral no-no about them.

Society has taken on an incredibly risky attitude toward drugs. Shame on my generation for allowing it to become what it is today and for kids like USMC to look at "a little" use of cocaine as if it was no big deal.
    That, "No big deal" experiment just cost this kid a CAREER! I consider that a big deal.

Hope you find employment in some other area that you love, USMC, and thanks once again for your service!
    you're making it seem like i won't get hired on any police department.

Forum Member

It's a strong probability you won't. But if this is what you want then don't give up. There maybe one that will overlook it and bring you on. Good luck bro.

Forum Member

"I know a lot of people probably will think I just came out from under a rock with my attitude about drugs, but that attitude comes from having a lot of close family members who were in medicine and the knowledge that I grew up with about how devastating drugs are to the body and mind, not an old fuddy duddy religious or moral no-no about them."

It's great that you had family to educate you about drugs. But a lot of youth don't. Myself for instance, I grew up in Pilsen where if I wanted any drug I could've asked one or two people from the street and would've have been given a spot for whatever I was lookin for. My dad didn't educate me about drugs. All he said was they're bad and if you ever touch them ill beat your ***! So I never did cause I was afraid of my dad and I thought only poor people and bangers did drugs. That's how uneducated I was. It wasn't until high school and college when I started to hang with friends from other neighborhoods and saw they used marijuana. These were kids who had both parents and made good money. But I never touched it cause I was an athlete. When I was in college I was playing ball with rich kids from Naperville who were coming to school in BMW's and Benz'. These kids did the most drugs and it blew my mind cause I was like these kids have more money than ill ever know and they're doing drugs? It was a culture shock. I think what saved me was growing up in Pilsen and seeing friends high on pcp, acid and marijuana and seeing how they behaved high. I was afraid looking like a jack *** just like them so I never did it. But not everyone has those experiences and education on drugs. Unfortunately they experiment for themselves and get caught in a situation like USMC.
    Last edited by JG0304; 11-15-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    SeVere, ChiTownDet and Popspd like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last