Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Presidential Petition for DOD LEO Statutory Powers of Arrest

Forum Member

Presidential Petition for DOD LEO Statutory Powers of Arrest

Here's a link for this petition. An explanation is on the website. If interested, sign it, if not, don't. Simple as that.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ll-50/5zTlgcBZ

Forum Member
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Wow, started already. Don't sign it. Don't care either way. I know it's a shot in the dark. I'm not seeing anyone else trying anything right now. What's it going to hurt?

Forum Member
    One signature. You gotta start somewhere. More power to you man. Good luck in your conquest!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HI629 View Post
    One signature. You gotta start somewhere. More power to you man. Good luck in your conquest!
    I know, it's probably pointless. I'm beyond caring about personal ramifications.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I0347 View Post
    I know, it's probably pointless. I'm beyond caring about personal ramifications.
    If it is that important to you, why not get a real LE job? There are police agencies hiring all over the country.
    HI629 likes this.
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Solo is how I roll
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Wesker View Post
    If it is that important to you, why not get a real LE job? There are police agencies hiring all over the country.
    Go act a fool on a military installation and you find out how "real" they are....Since when being able to pack off-duty on creds equal "real" police status?

Are you are one those that consider yourself the "real" police?
    DirtSailor and GIOSTORMUSNRET like this.

Caution: Unvetted member.
    Lots of you guys aren't going like me for this. Not military-bashing because I was one.

I retired at 20 years and 17 days active duty (but who's counting) ten years ago. I was not a miltary cop. Upon my retirement I was a section chief for an aircraft maintenance facility. The manpower I was responsible for varied from between 25 and 30 troops. I know from first-hand experience how immature and childish some new troops are when they've just left mommy and daddy and struck out on their own. I've forgotten who many E-1s and 2s I drummed out for alcohol violations and failing to progress.

For those reasons, I say that if a military cop wants to carry off-base on credentials; become a reserve for a local agency. That way the individual is taught State and local laws. The LE agency will decide whom they hire, and give the trust that is due. I reserved for my local Sheriff's Office well before I retired. Now I'm a detective. Another part of a second career ladder.

OR

At least be a second-term enlistee with Commander's approval to be covered under LEOSA. Reach a certain level of skill and knowledge first. Screen out the bad apple.

OR

Get a State CCW.
    HI629 and BKruegs like this.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Solo is how I roll
    This thread is in reference to DoD "civilian" LEOs. Not active-duty LE members.

Guess I failed to comprehend that.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Solo is how I roll
    No problem Chief. Former AF SP here, I'm well aware about you ramp rats and your comprehension problems... j//k

For what it is worth we are on the same page when it comes to active-duty Joe. I don't think it’s a good idea to allow 17/18 year Johnny with zero life experiences to pack heat on a CAC card and a function badge either.
    Last edited by statebear; 11-12-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added content
    BKruegs likes this.

I did delete a wise crack about the reason I didn't become an SP. Far too high of a ASVAB score.

My Technical Order section looked a prosecutor's law library.
    Last edited by KenW.; 11-12-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Douglas MacArthur

Solo is how I roll
    LOL crack away bro! I actually wouldn't enlist until till my recruiter gave me a guaranteed contract for a LE SP slot....

He did try to sell me on an aircraft mechanic's slot when I was in his office one time. Pointed to a picture of an F-16 on his wall and bragged on how I could have my name on the side of one....

I told him screw that, I wanna be a cop!

Solo is how I roll
    Quote Originally Posted by KenW. View Post
    My Technical Order section looked a prosecutor's law library.
    You would think with all the intelligence required to perform that job, you guys would remember to put your flightline badges on....
    Last edited by statebear; 11-12-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Bel_Biv_CA likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by statebear View Post
    You would think with all the intelligence required to perform that job, you guys would remember to put your flightline badges on....
    Hahahaha

Forum Member
    I sent my Lieutenant looking for "grid squares" and "chem light batteries" once. Kept him busy for hours and the look on his face when he got back empty handed was priceless!

Then there's the yard of flightline, bucket of jetwash, and two ounces of K-9p.
    HI629 likes this.

Douglas MacArthur

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KenW. View Post
    Then there's the yard of flightline, bucket of jetwash, and two ounces of K-9p.
    I actually sent the same Lieutenant for a spool of flight line a week later to get him out of our hair. We were securing a scene near a runway and told him that we needed flight line instead of the usual yellow "police tape" because the "police tape" could get sucked into a jet engine and cause serious damage. That moron spent nearly half the day looking for the spool of flight line. Many supply sergeants were calling me laughing their @$$ off, while calling ahead to others to keep the prank going. Needless to say, it was priceless. Glad to see that the lieutenant has been promoted and transferred to a different unit. Classic example of "phuq up, move up". I know he was at least a bit smarter when we were done with him.
    asullivan likes this.

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Wesker View Post
    If you don't think that "DOD" LEOs are real LEOs, I (like StateBear) would like to challenge you to show up on my post.....act like a fool....and see what happens to you.

LEO or not, you will go to jail....and you will get charged if you have your weapon your person if you are in an off-duty capacity and didn't check in with our LE Desk.....

Just sayin'.

Forum Member

The purpose of this petition is to keep the subject alive, and maybe show that officers are still interested/concerned about the issue. If it can actually get the 25k signatures then maybe that will lend some exposure to the issue that a legislator can use. Even if (when) I leave the DOD, I'd still like to see my brothers and sisters get this. So, if you can offer your support, thank you.

...and that's all I have to say about that.

Forum Member
    Wow duded, 44 signatures!

Forum Member
    Forrest Gump????

Quote Originally Posted by I0347 View Post
    The purpose of this petition is to keep the subject alive, and maybe show that officers are still interested/concerned about the issue. If it can actually get the 25k signatures then maybe that will lend some exposure to the issue that a legislator can use. Even if (when) I leave the DOD, I'd still like to see my brothers and sisters get this. So, if you can offer your support, thank you.

...and that's all I have to say about that.
    if the lights go on someone is paying the bill.

L-1
    Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HI629 View Post
    Wow duded, 44 signatures!
    As of today, the petition to nationalize the Twinkie Industry has 239 signatures.
    asullivan and HI629 like this.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Critter Cop
    A better approach might be for DOD to try and get together with other agencies who are likewise without statutory authority and try to get an elected official to make it a "cause" of his(or hers). I think that would be more effective than trying to get it done for just one agency.

I would tell you ask FLEOA for support, but I doubt they would help (and you may not want them to, given some of the things they've pushed for in the past).
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

One Night In Bangkok
    Over the last 12 years that Ive been employed by the federal government, Ive seen more than enough of these petitions. Online petitions are not valid.
    QuietPro and HI629 like this.
    I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last