Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Attention LE ladies!

Forum Member

Attention LE ladies!

Maybe I'm dumb but curious...

I tell my family and friends that I'm going to change careers from a therapist (in which I have a master's degree...more to say that I have a lot of time and money invested than...look at me, I have higher education!) to law enforcement.

Everybody is super supportive...nobody worried...not a single negative comment besides my sister that thinks all cops are power tripping a-holes. My husband has even supported me working less to prepare physically and mentally for all the hoops.

I was ready to defend my decision, but instead I found my myself alone on the battlefield.

Is this weird?
    Last edited by clarity253; 11-07-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Forum Member

Post a picture of yourself for Pujolsfan.
    If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Forum Member

And this would matter how?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    Post a picture of yourself for Pujolsfan.

Forum Member

You'll see...

And "No", I think you are blessed to have the support of your loved ones. Sorry, I'm an "LE guy", but I'll answer anyway.
    Taylor13 and HI629 like this.
    If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Forum Member
    Hi there Clarity,
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm a 31 yr old chick transitioning from Gov't/Defense contracting into LE... I definitely felt like I had to defend my reasoning; but what most fail to realize, is that I have had this desire and goal for most of my life. It took just a few rude comments from other people for me to quickly acknowledge that you shouldn't have to defend anything. I'm sure you don't judge her life, so she shouldn't judge yours. Best of luck in your journey and stay strong on your own beliefs.
    Last edited by JojenGal; 11-05-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    clarity253 likes this.

Deputy Sheriff
    Thanks Tick. You read my mind brother!
    BaseballBabe and Taylor13 like this.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Deputy Sheriff
    Your question could be better answered at my place with a little of this in the background. http://youtu.be/6sx3ZniKYj8

A small round table a wine bottle and dimmed lights.

Oh yeah. You will be very alone your whole career and tell your sister I said she is ugly.
    lpstopper and JojenGal like this.

Forum Member

I appreciate you both preparing me to deal with d-bags on a regular basis.

Obviously, intellect and maturity are not scored in your respective agencies. It gives hope to the millions of men currently sitting on thier couches grunting at the sight on cleavage on TV.

Congratulations on finding one another to co-sign each others bull. If only I had that kind of testosterone deprived support, I'd be golden!
    JDobry likes this.

Deputy Sheriff
    Quote Originally Posted by clarity253 View Post

Obviously, intellect and maturity are not scored in your respective agencies. It gives hope to the millions of men currently sitting on thier couches grunting at the sight on cleavage on TV.

Congratulations on finding one another to co-sign each others bull. If only I had that kind of testosterone deprived support, I'd be golden!
    If you are lucky enough to get the job, it is going to be a very long career if you don't get that great big bug out of your arse.
    icecoldblueyes likes this.

Forum Member
    Didn't we welcome you you properly? Shame on us! Welcome to O.Com, clarity253.

Well, clarity...let me explain something to you. These Officers here on the O, whether they be male or female, are proven with each other. For the most part, the LEOs here support one another, tease one another, grieve for each other's losses and bust them off with regularity. They know one another, have been through all the crap and make no excuses....nor should they have to.
    You show up, a newbie to the O and ask your question. You get teased and take the offensive. Do they know you? No.
    Are you in process anywhere? You don't state so I believe. You have a dream, just like the guys and gals that are in now had at one time. Try reading some of the struggles written here. You'll find the same people supporting the candidate and then rejoicing with them when they make it onto an agency. It makes no matter if they are male or female either.

So, get to know us before you judge. Not all of us are LEO's but we are here because we support them. I'm married to a LEO, but when I first came here, I wasn't. They still accepted me, answered my questions and made me part of the family.

Get onto an agency, in an academy and go for your goals. I may even champion you at some point, ya never know. Good luck with it. But first, learn to take the grief. If you don't, you'll fail even before you start.
    JDobry and JojenGal like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperST
    "The fail is strong with this one."

"Retired"
    Get on the job. In 5 yrs you'll still be married, but either to another copper or Fireman....
    pujolsfan146 likes this.

Forum Member

Hmm...so they can give me a hard time, but I can't do the same?

At least it made me laugh...
    SLCchick likes this.

Forum Member
    Have you applied to any dept?
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
    Your question could be better answered at my place with a little of this in the background. youtu.be/6sx3ZniKYj8

A small round table a wine bottle and dimmed lights.
    That's very classy, but your style is too committal too soon. I suggest starting off with something like--IL VOLO's "Un Amore Cosi Grande".
    pujolsfan146 likes this.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin.

Che
    Forum Member

Since you have not worked one day in LE you have no ideal.

After 30+ years and seeing 100s come and go. I can tell you that you will not do well. i.e. your first partner will be a military Veteran with a GED or HS diploma, he'll do 30 pullups and run 1 1/2 miles in under 9 minutes and he is going to be upset he got stuck with a wimpy egghead. No offense intended but you are not going to a tea party.

Che
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyWA View Post
    That's very classy, but your style is too committal too soon. I suggest starting off with something like--IL VOLO's "Un Amore Cosi Grande".
    Is a bottle of Jack and "Smokey and the Bandit" on DVD classy? I did quit smoking

Forum Member
    Hmm...so they can give me a hard time, but I can't do the same?

At least it made me laugh...

Uh...huh. Gottcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperST
    "The fail is strong with this one."

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Is a bottle of Jack and "Smokey and the Bandit" on DVD classy? I did quit smoking
    Well, let me see. It has some bacon in it, so I would consider that foreplay, so...YES!! Perfect!
    Che likes this.

Forum Member

The funniest thing about all of this is, y'all don't know me.

I'm smart, a blessing and curse.

Thank God, it's not a tea party...because obviously coddling is not my strong point or I would continue being a therapist. Someone upset they got stuck with a "wimpy egghead"...his problem, not mine. Although I'm not quite at 30 pull-ups, it's close...

Context and tone get lost in writing...I meant my response to be funny..oh well..Give it a "Dear Abby" kind of tone...it should be funny. My husband (a GED graduate and truck driver for those interested) said it sounded smug...good thing my objective is not to please you.

You want to use my response as ammunition, go for it. I'm going to work, I have a 12 year old client that just tried to off herself.

Forum Member

The funniest thing about all of this is, y'all don't know me.

I'm smart, a blessing and curse.

Thank God, it's not a tea party...because obviously coddling is not my strong point or I would continue being a therapist. Someone upset they got stuck with a "wimpy egghead"...his problem, not mine. Although I'm not quite at 30 pull-ups, it's close...

Context and tone get lost in writing...I meant my response to be funny..oh well..Give it a "Dear Abby" kind of tone...it should be funny. My husband (a GED graduate and truck driver for those interested) said it sounded smug...good thing my objective is not to please you.

You want to use my response as ammunition, go for it. I'm going to work, I have a 12 year old client that just tried to off herself.
    I've had a 13 year old try and actually "succeed". You ever help cut down the bloated, blue faced carcass of a middle schooler? I pumped on a 10 month old that didn't make it, you? There is no comparison. My wife has an MSW and worked at a CAC before we had kids, I know exactly what you have going on. Police work is worse, so be mentally prepared.

Either way, you sound like the type of person I'd get in the trenches with. Also, when you're an FNG, the answer is "no" you cannot fire back when someone is breaking your balls. It will only intensify it tenfold.

Good luck, you'll get hired I'm sure based on your life experience.
    Che likes this.

Deputy Sheriff
    Very Nice. If Italia is a little much straight out of the gates then you think this is too much? It's my favorite so perhaps I should save it for the big day!http://youtu.be/RJ1ZibzHFl8

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
    Very Nice. If Italia is a little much straight out of the gates then you think this is too much? It's my favorite so perhaps I should save it for the big day!
    Definitely save it for the big day. It definitely takes the win over the raunchy approach to courting! Besides, physiological pleasure that is romantically elicited lasts longer than the latter. Who doesn't love endorphins!?!?

Forum Member

If you actually make it onto "the job" keep your mouth shut and take the ball busting until you prove yourself to the "guys". After that, fire back all you want. This is the best advice you'll get.
    Trauma1 and TheTick like this.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Forum Member
    My only concern is that you are gonna take your therapy on the road. We hook'em and book'em. We do play therapist but, only long enough to make sure we won't have to be back again that night.

Hey, can you blame the guys here. Eye candy with a gun is hot. Speaking for myself, I may bark from the porch but, that is where I will stay. I know my place and so does my wife, a short leash.
    "Don't make perfect the enemy of good."

There are truths which are not for all men, nor for all times.

"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe."

Frederick Douglass

Che
    Forum Member

Well, let me see. It has some bacon in it, so I would consider that foreplay, so...YES!! Perfect!
    That reminds me about eating crackers in bed. BUT if you have a B.L.T. with extra bacon I will not complain. Actually feed me a B.L.T. in bed and you'll get a foot massage

Page 1 of 2 12 Last