Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NYPD Officer charged with planning to rape, torture, kill, cook and eat women

Forum Member

NYPD Officer charged with planning to rape, torture, kill, cook and eat women

Well.....really can't say much about this one.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/25...#ixzz2ALbF0HdZ

NYPD officer plotted to kidnap, cook and eat women, authorities say

By Jana Winter, Perry Chiaramonte

Published October 25, 2012

FoxNews.co

A New York City police officer plotted to kidnap, cook and eat women, using a crime victim database and possibly an online dating forum to choose potential victims and discussing his twisted scheme in grisly detail online, local and federal law enforcement authorities said.

Six-year NYPD veteran Gilberto Valle, 28, who worked in Harlem, was arrested Wednesday by federal officers on a conspiracy to kidnap charge Wednesday. The U.S. Attorney’s office said Valle conspired with multiple, unnamed people “to kidnap, rape, torture, kill, cook and cannibalize a number of women.”

“Gilberto Valle’s alleged plans to kidnap women so that they could be raped, tortured, killed, cooked, and cannibalized shocks the conscience."

- Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara

“Gilberto Valle’s alleged plans to kidnap women so that they could be raped, tortured, killed, cooked and cannibalized shocks the conscience," Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a prepared statement. "This case is all the more disturbing when you consider Valle’s position as a New York City police officer and his sworn duty to serve and protect."

According to the criminal complaint, the FBI discovered that Valle was discussing the plot through email and instant messaging. The complaint includes stomach-turning details about Valle's alleged plans to victimize and kill numerous women. Investigators discovered that he allegedly created a personal registry on his computer of more than 100 women, complete with photographs and personal information, including addresses and physical descriptions.

“The allegations in the complaint really need no description from us," said FBI Acting Assistant Director-in-Charge Mary Galligan. "They speak for themselves. It would be an understatement merely to say Valle’s own words and actions were shocking.”

The criminal complaint details some of the conversations that took place between Valle and various co-conspirators.

In a conversation from July 9 of this year, Valle is asked by an unknown co-conspirator, “How big is your oven?”

Valle allegedly responded: “Big enough to fit one of these girl[s] if I folded their legs…the abduction will have to be flawless…I know all of them.

“I can just show up at [one prospective victim's] home unannounced, it will not alert her, and I can knock her out, wait until dark and kidnap her right out of her home,” he also said before boasting that he could make his own chloroform.”

Later, Valle, who law enforcement sources told FoxNews.com is married with a child, mentioned how he would cook his victim.

“I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus…cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible,” he allegedly wrote.

The complaint also alleges that he met one of his potential victims for lunch. Data from Valle's cell phone revealed that he made contact with the victim while he was on her block in Manhattan, according to authorities. Sources say that the victim was someone Valle knew from his past.

In what law enforcement sources confirmed was his profile on the online dating site OKCupid, Valle describes himself as a “ very calm individual” with “an endless supply of hilarious short stories from work that can't be made up.” Valle lists his favorite book as “Green Eggs and Ham,” and says he enjoys Italian, Mexican, Chinese and Japanese food, adding, “I'll try anything and am not picky at all.”

Valle, who last visited the site Sept. 16, wrote that he is "looking for a partner in crime who I look forward to seeing again seconds after I kiss her good-bye." His activity on the site coincides with the time in which he was allegedly conspiring to kidnap and kill women.

Law-enforcement sources close to the case tell FoxNews.com that Valle had recently got into an argument with his wife and she fled to her family's home out of state and contacted local authorities and said that there was "weird stuff" on her husbands computer. That agency contacted the NYPD who through their Internal Affairs department, confiscated his computer and found the incriminating plot scheme on the hard drive.

Sources also say that the co-conspirators were people from overseas and that talks of kidnapping victim for a fee along with other detail was "fantasy stuff." It was not immediately clear if he intended to carry through his cannibalism aspect of his plans.

Valle was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping and accessing a computer without authorization and could face up to life in prison.

Officials for the NYPD tell FoxNews.com that Valle was immediately placed on suspension after his arrest.

Fox News Channel reached a man who identified himself as Valle's brother by phone who said the charges are "bulls---."

“I don’t freakin believe what is going on,” the man told Fox News. “I spoke to him last a couple of nights ago”

“I am freakin' angry, this is an outrage,” he added. "Damn … man I’m shocked, he’s a family man.”

Forum Member
    Read this article Here http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/25...iref=allsearch

"According to the court documents, the computer contained a document that Valle allegedly created in July, containing an action plan to cook a certain woman that authorities identify as “Victim 1.” The title, authorities say, was “Abducting and Cooking [Victim 1]: a Blueprint.”

The plan, which had information about the woman’s name, date of birth, height, weight and bra size, has a section called “Materials Needed,” in which Valle allegedly wrote:

“Car (I have it)
    Chloroform (refer to website for directions)
    Rope (Strongest kind to tie her up.""
    I LOLed at the car part.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Fell Down The Rabbit Hole
    Ok, let me get this straight. They DQ'D me......... yet let this frootloop join the force!

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Civilian
    Hmmmm, this is probably one of the very few instances where second-guessing and MMQB'ing would be allowed!........................
    lpstopper likes this.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Forum Member

Oh Gilberto, you had me at "kidnap"
    Taylor13 likes this.
    If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HEDP View Post

Well.....really can't say much about this one.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/25...#ixzz2ALbF0HdZ
    Actually there is quite a bit you can say about it. My first reaction was whether they could actually prove their case againts this guy. It doesn't seem like a slam dunk by any stretch just from what I have read. Plus, does NY state require an "overt act" in furtherence of the conspiracy? Kidnapping would be one crime in our state where you don't but I'm not familiar with NY law.

Either way this idiot has no business being in LE, that's for sure.
    Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
    The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.
    But there is a place, sweet as you will ever know,
    In music and love, and things you never tell.
    You see it in their face, secrets on the telephone,
    A time out of time, for you and no one else

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Army MP View Post
    Actually there is quite a bit you can say about it. My first reaction was whether they could actually prove their case againts this guy. It doesn't seem like a slam dunk by any stretch just from what I have read. Plus, does NY state require an "overt act" in furtherence of the conspiracy? Kidnapping would be one crime in our state where you don't but I'm not familiar with NY law.

Either way this idiot has no business being in LE, that's for sure.

You ready to defend him .....
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Forum Member

While this is disturbing to say the least I'm not sure how the prosecution plans to lock him up for a long time. The fact that he didn't have time to act on any of the sick things he's talked about and nobody was hurt may leave him free.

I don't know what the punishment is/could be for illegal access to NCIC (someone please chime in on that)

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    You ready to defend him .....
    LOL. I actually think it would be a good case to defend. I mean, the dude is twisted, no doubt. I'm just not convinced but the article that he intended to carry it out. I hope they have more on this guy.
    Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
    The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.
    But there is a place, sweet as you will ever know,
    In music and love, and things you never tell.
    You see it in their face, secrets on the telephone,
    A time out of time, for you and no one else

Forum Member

If any money changed hands (as a down payment for some awful activity), that will do him in.

Then again, there is always the chance that his wife was really smart, and really spiteful. She could have planted the evidence, and then phoned it in. It's not very likely, especially since he used LE databases to gather info on potential victims. Although, a technically cunning and determined person could create that paper trail. It's not likely, but stranger things have happened.

I don't picture the FBI enacting this arrest without something solid.
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 10-26-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Forum Member
    Misuse of NCIC is the killer here. I doubt they will get any of the other charges to stick. I say, I thought (like many here) that I've seen it all, guess not. Crazy!

Forum Member
    Wow! If he really intended on carrying out this plan, then this has got to be the worst "bad cop" story I have ever heard. To echo what others have said there must have been sufficient reason to believe he would actually do it if he was arrested. Also, that "I was only fantasizing about it" defense is used all the time in child enticement cases. If you make any action to follow through on any part of the plan it punches holes straight through that defense. My guess would be that this is legit, and one sick person. I'm glad it was stopped before he went silence of the lambs on someone.
    Last edited by IdahoPO; 10-26-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Forum Member

The only way I see them making the charges stick is if they find out he was trying to import fava beans and a nice Chianti....

(1000 forum points to the 1st person to get the reference)
    thea_nonymus1 likes this.

"Retired"
    Kind of makes the "Bad Lieutenant" look like a "Choirboy."

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMyk View Post
    The only way I see them making the charges stick is if they find out he was trying to import fava beans and a nice Chianti....

Would you like it in my best Anthony Hopkins voice?
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    Kind of makes the "Bad Lieutenant" look like a "Choirboy."
    The article said nothing about this guy betting on the Mets...

Forum Member
    New York's conspiracy law is very difficult for prosecutors to prove. Many drug conspiracy case are shipped off to the Feds for that reason. Probably going to use his affirmative agreement to grab a victim as an act to further the conspiracy. What I find truly disturbing is that the Feds had the time and energy to track down an infividual possibly trying to live out a fantasy. This case would have reached a very righteous conclusion if the Feds had just handed it off to the NYPD. In the meantime, our AG can't figure out how to protect our borders and our diplomats have to work in fear of their lives. Chalk up another big LE win for the Obama administration.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    New York's conspiracy law is very difficult for prosecutors to prove. Many drug conspiracy case are shipped off to the Feds for that reason. Probably going to use his affirmative agreement to grab a victim as an act to further the conspiracy. What I find truly disturbing is that the Feds had the time and energy to track down an infividual possibly trying to live out a fantasy. This case would have reached a very righteous conclusion if the Feds had just handed it off to the NYPD. In the meantime, our AG can't figure out how to protect our borders and our diplomats have to work in fear of their lives. Chalk up another big LE win for the Obama administration.

$8.2 billion in funding, and you think the FBI was wasting resources by following up on a called in lead from the distressed wife of a potential serial killer who was cataloging victims out of the NCIC database? And this, somehow, is Obama's fault? You have to realize how much time and money is spent shaking down mosques.

Forum Member
    Carbon.........Good to see that the FBI has the resources to track fantasies. Can you tell what section of the US Code limits our darkest fantasies? The Sergeant needs to be terminated from the NYPD...but that's not a Fed call.

Civillian
    I think I'm with Dinosaur on this one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jannino View Post
    I think I'm with Dinosaur on this one.

I know I am.

Forum Member
    Here's another point of view. The feds have been p'od at ray Kelly and the NYPD for their terrorist investigations. It wouldn't surprise me if some high level FBI functionary had a major orgasm over the thought of embarassing the NYPD.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigMyk View Post

Too easy, don't waste my time...
    If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Lather it like its stolen
    So a bucket of extra crispy just wasn't enough?

Forum Member

Sorry to those that have been DQ'd by the NYPD.... I would love to see this guy's application and psych eval.
    Carbonfiberfoot likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last