Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nypd exam 3311

Forum Member

Hey Guys,

I also took the 3011 test and scored in the mid 90s. Also I've been a NYC Correction Officer for 5 years now. I just wonder being at top pay will it transfer over to PD Academy.

wn8
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCB6025 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I also took the 3011 test and scored in the mid 90s. Also I've been a NYC Correction Officer for 5 years now. I just wonder being at top pay will it transfer over to PD Academy.
    whats making you decide to switch over if you dont mind me asking?

Forum Member

Good evening fellas,

I took 3311 and scored an 87. Called DCAS last week to see if a list was made and no luck yet.

Took the DEP Police Officer test today and scored a 92. I'm going to take the CO exam soon too.

Forum Member
    Hi I took test 3311 and I made the list now how long does the process take. Also I scored a 97.65. My list number is 1XX out of 917 hoping that is good
    Last edited by aly718; 05-08-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honestabels View Post
    Good evening fellas,

I took 3311 and scored an 87. Called DCAS last week to see if a list was made and no luck yet.

Took the DEP Police Officer test today and scored a 92. I'm going to take the CO exam soon too.
    The list came out this Sunday. Call now for your list number.

Forum Member

Hey Guys,

I have taken the 3311 Police Exam also. I have currently a NYC Correction Officer in the Courts for the last 6 years but I'm trying to do something different. Corrections is not as bad as people state they really are boosting the morale of the Department. I just feel like to me it's just too much of a routine and I like to do different things for the next 14 years. I took the Police exam in 2007 along with the Corrections exam and choose Corrections and do not regret it but now I want to experience PD. but when I opened my exam for 07 it has expired some had to retest. I got a 97 on the 3311 exam so hopefully it's not years until I get called because if it's too long I would just stay because I'm not on Rikers I'm in the Court Facility. And I just found out by a PD recruiter that my 76,488 salary carry with me into the academy for PD which is great!

Forum Member

Hey WN8,

I'm trying to switich because the routine aspect of Corrections. The money is great but PD been just a little more of a thing for me honestly. Let me add Corrections is not a bad Department as widely stated. Also I'm 31 so if I'm called in 2 years or less ill do it. Which exams did you take? Also my question about the transfer was always do my top pay city salary stays with me and I found out recently yes!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB6025 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have taken the 3311 Police Exam also. I have currently a NYC Correction Officer in the Courts for the last 6 years but I'm trying to do something different. Corrections is not as bad as people state they really are boosting the morale of the Department. I just feel like to me it's just too much of a routine and I like to do different things for the next 14 years. I took the Police exam in 2007 along with the Corrections exam and choose Corrections and do not regret it but now I want to experience PD. but when I opened my exam for 07 it has expired some had to retest. I got a 97 on the 3311 exam so hopefully it's not years until I get called because if it's too long I would just stay because I'm not on Rikers I'm in the Court Facility. And I just found out by a PD recruiter that my 76,488 salary carry with me into the academy for PD which is great!
    So you'll only have to work 14 years then will be eligible to retire? I'm 21 going into the correction academy this May. If I like it i'll stay but if not i'll switch to PD at top pay when i'm 26 turning 27. Would I only have to work the remaining 14.5 years to retire? I took an exam not to long ago. Thanks

Forum Member

I just received my list number in the mail today. Scored an 87, as projected. My # is 5xx... is that any good?
    Last edited by honestabels; 05-11-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Forum Member

I also took Exam 3311. Just got my list number in the mail yesterday! 2XX!!
    Last edited by harry_singh; 03-02-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harry_singh View Post
    I also took Exam 3311. Just got my list number in the mail yesterday! 2XX!!
    Heads up everyone posting their list #s. That's essentially your social security number when it comes to this process and they can use your list number to find out who you are, etc. etc.

I would advise you do not post your list number on a public forum.
    Last edited by MissNYPD; 05-10-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    harry_singh and aly718 like this.
    Exam: 1313/XX
    APD 5: Done
    Medical: Done
    Social Media: Done
    Written Psych: Done
    Oral Psych: Done - PASSED!
    Met with BI: Done
    JST: Done
    Mini-medical: Done

January 2014 here I come!

Forum Member

Anybody have a general idea of how long until the hiring process would start if you scored in the mid 200's?

Is this the most current list they are hiring from or are other lists still open?

Forum Member
    Hi all I scored in the low100 and I want to know what does this mean? I want to also know when do they mail out the APD 5 will it be in the next few weeks or months later. I was told that there is still a chance I could make this years academy is that true. I am so excited!
    Nypd Exam:3311 Oct 2012
    list# 11X
    apd-5:???
    medical:???
    written psych:???
    oral psych: Completed:???
    met with BI:???
    Jst:???
    Mini-med:???

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissNYPD View Post
    Heads up everyone posting their list #s. That's essentially your social security number when it comes to this process and they can use your list number to find out who you are, etc. etc.

I would advise you do not post your list number on a public forum.
    Sorry to bother you but can you give any advice on how long this process took you and what to expect? Very nervous and excited!
    Nypd Exam:3311 Oct 2012
    list# 11X
    apd-5:???
    medical:???
    written psych:???
    oral psych: Completed:???
    met with BI:???
    Jst:???
    Mini-med:???

Forum Member
    Apd is 18 months from your test date usually. It's a 2 and a half year to 3 and a half year wait. I been waiting 3 years 2 months and they have not yet reached my list number to hire me yet.
    Somewhere working...

Forum Member

sup guys im from exam 3308 and we should be getting the APD-5 some time in 2014 jan or feb cause exam 3308 might get in to jan 2015 academy
    NYPD Exam 3308 7/16/12
    List= 1xxx
    APD-5=???
    NCPD/Exam 2000 85.622

Forum Member

What's up all took 3311 and finally got my list number the other day. Anyone else get there's?

Forum Member

Anyone list number under 100

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aly718 View Post
    Sorry to bother you but can you give any advice on how long this process took you and what to expect? Very nervous and excited!
    Hi - don't stress it. If you just got your list number expect to wait a year and half to get the APD 5 and then another 6 months to get your medical. Since 2009 it seems this has been the standard wait time. It might speed up a little bit since most of the exams have 1k or 2k candidates instead of the 5k 6k from before. Just keep busy and don't stress it, theres a long way to go.
    aly718 likes this.
    Exam: 1313/XX
    APD 5: Done
    Medical: Done
    Social Media: Done
    Written Psych: Done
    Oral Psych: Done - PASSED!
    Met with BI: Done
    JST: Done
    Mini-medical: Done

January 2014 here I come!

Forum Member

Happy 4th of July guys. How's everybody holding up on the APD-5 wait?

I've read on here that 3311 may be getting it early winter 2014?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honestabels View Post
    Happy 4th of July guys. How's everybody holding up on the APD-5 wait?

I've read on here that 3311 may be getting it early winter 2014?

You should expect the apd5 18-20 months from the time you took the exam. So expect it between April-June of 2014.
    Exam # 3315 - 02/2013
    List # 5xx - 07/2013
    APD-5: ?
    Medical: ?
    Written Psych: ?
    Oral Psych: ?
    JST: ?
    Mini med: ?

Forum Member

How's it going folks, today marks 1 year since we've taken the exam. Time flies yeah?

Forum Member

Slow........

Forum Member

I took exam 3311 any word when we should start receiving the APD-5

Forum Member

Has anyone gotten an update regarding their APD 5?
    I have a friend who scored 105 on the test before 3311 and he has not received his APD 5 yet either.
    Last edited by harry_singh; 03-02-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last