Forum Member

Santa Monica Police Department Jailer

I am looking for any information you may have for the position of "Jailer". Also, any information on the police department and the city of Santa Monica. Thank You in advance.

Forum Member

I am looking for some entry test information on the jailer position for Santa Monica. I will be taking the entry test next month I hope I pass. However, to answer your question about the Santa Monica Police Department I took their police entry exam last month. They are very nice and professional their chief of police is a female and they are very diverse. I saw a lot of female officers which is good compare to other departments. Santa Monica, is a very nice city and it will be nice to work there.

Forum Member

It is very competitive even for the jailor position and I've heard from a current jailor for Santa Monica that they are only taking 1 female. They invited everyone to test because they can't say "only apply if your a female". Just some information I have been told but good luck anyway. If you pass the written then you'll have 2 oral boards. The first one is at the convention center and the second one will be at the jail itself. You will then be placed on the eligible list. More spots might open up within the next year because some jailors might be picked up by other agencies. I know the jailors get paid very well by the city as do the police officers. Probably the highest paid other than Beverly Hills. It is a nice city. Just don't count on getting that 1 position unless your a female. Good luck.

Forum Member

Thanks for the information Rambo1 in that case I think I am lucky because I am a female. However, I also have a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and I speak 3 languages so I hope I get selected base on my qualifications and not on me being a female. Do you know what types of questions are on the jailer test?

Forum Member

Corina8282 I sent you a private message but you have it disabled/blocked.

Forum Member

Hello Rambo,

I edit my options so you should be able to send the message now.

Thanks.