Dutchess County to honor police officer

Dutchess County to honor police officer
    Sep 28, 2012
    Poughkeepsie Journal

Flags at all Dutchess County government buildings will fly at half-mast to honor Deputy Sheriff Lt. Thomas P. Lasher, who died Tuesday at age 49.

“We are deeply saddened by the loss of our friend, co-worker and fellow public servant,” said County Executive Marc Molinaro. “Our prayers and condolences are with the Lasher family.”

Lasher was still working and served with the Sheriff’s Office for nearly 25 years. He also served and as a firefighter in Dover for 32 years. He became a lieutenant in 2004 and led the arson investigation unit.

He passed away from an illness at a hospital in Connecticut, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Capt. John Watterson.

“The level of dedication and professionalism he brought to the Sheriff’s Office is unparalleled,” said Sheriff Butch Anderson, in a written statement. “His career and the many lives that he touched while working in the Sheriff’s Office will never be forgotten.”

Flags will remain at half-mast until Lasher's interment.

The last time I ran into the Lt. he was standing a foot post in front of the town carnival. I was looking for a warrant, and he told me he would keep an eye out. God bless.
    Last edited by reils49; 09-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.