Forum Member

Post Two serving sisters in UK ambushed and killed in cold blood.

It gives me great sadness to report that 2 unarmed female police officers in the UK were cruelly and viciously ambushed and murdered yesterday while responding to a hoax 999 call reporting a burglary in progress.

Police Constables Nicola Hughes, aged 23, and her partner, Fiona Bone, 32, both with Greater Manchester Police, responded to an area of Manchester known as Mottram, with a report of a burglary in progress in Abbey Gardens.

Upon their arrival at the scene, a man wanted for 2 other murders ambushed both officers with a handgrenade and a handgun. An explosion was heard, followed by a total of 13 gunshots, and both officers were shot and killed. The suspect subsequently turned himself in at a local police station.

May God protect and bless these 2 officers at their rest. We have the watch now, sisters.

I ♥ my GLOCK
    Go in peace ladies. What a shame.

Not to turn this tragedy into a debate, but maybe this will help prompt your lawmakers to enable you to carry firearms. Be safe.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Forum Member

Regardless of whether they had firearms or not, I don't think anything would have helped with the grenade - I would like to see British LEOs armed, it would help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by reils49 View Post
    Go in peace ladies. What a shame.

Not to turn this tragedy into a debate, but maybe this will help prompt your lawmakers to enable you to carry firearms. Be safe.
    I believe they should be armed, however in the case I don't think it would've helped it was reported as a burglary, but they were ambushed with a grenade and multiple rounds
    I swear down bruv I never touched your motor !!

can you tell me why your sitting in the drivers seat then ?

Forum Member
    Rest in peace sisters, God bless.
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Forum Member

We will never know if firearms would have help, because they did not have them.

I have no public responsibility to keep the peace, and I don't go out the door unarmed, let along be tasked with direct control/contact of the criminal element. It would take brave public servants to go against criminal threat with just their witts.
    Last edited by David Hineline; 09-26-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Forum Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-19809017

PC Nicola Hughes' funeral held at Manchester Cathedral

I swear down bruv I never touched your motor !!

can you tell me why your sitting in the drivers seat then ?

Sergeant
    R.i.p. Officer's.
    County Boy At Heart Law Man By Profession