Forum Member

Post Two serving sisters in UK ambushed and killed in cold blood.

It gives me great sadness to report that 2 unarmed female police officers in the UK were cruelly and viciously ambushed and murdered yesterday while responding to a hoax 999 call reporting a burglary in progress.

Police Constables Nicola Hughes, aged 23, and her partner, Fiona Bone, 32, both with Greater Manchester Police, responded to an area of Manchester known as Mottram, with a report of a burglary in progress in Abbey Gardens.

Upon their arrival at the scene, a man wanted for 2 other murders ambushed both officers with a handgrenade and a handgun. An explosion was heard, followed by a total of 13 gunshots, and both officers were shot and killed. The suspect subsequently turned himself in at a local police station.

May God protect and bless these 2 officers at their rest. We have the watch now, sisters.
    Last edited by Wrinkled38; 09-18-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Request deletion: Apologies, duplicated due to error at my end. Please remove this post, thank you.

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    Wrinkled, my heart aches for their families and co-workers. My great-great-grandfather emigrated from Derby 160 years ago. I'm still a bit of a closet monarchist.

Stay safe, there, brothers & sisters.

May God grant Nicola and Fiona eternal rest and may His perpetual light shine upon them.

I will save any comment about UK laws & punishment for another time, and would urge my fellow Colonials to do likewise.