Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BPD RECRUITMENT
  • 1 Post By BPD RECRUITMENT

Thread: BALTIMORE City Police Hiring

Forum Member

BALTIMORE City Police Hiring

The Baltimore City Police are hiring 150 more for this year. Read below for info.

Hello future applicants. We are hiring cadets and Police officers. Cadets are 18 to 21 years old. You can start processing for police officer at 20 1/2 and start the academy at 20 and 9 months. You will be paid at cadet pay until you turn 21. Cadets do not take the agility until they start processing over to police officer. Cadets can take the test with a state issued ID or license. You must have a full valid license (not provisional or learners) by the time you are switched over to police officer. Any further questions can be directed to recruitment@baltimorepolice.org or bpdrecruit.com. Also with in the next week new dates will be posted for the rest of 2012 on bpdrecruit.com. Pass it on.

Hello applicants,
    On Sunday October 21st you will need to be at our head quarters building 601 E. Fayette St Baltimore MD 21202, at 8:00 am, dressed in business attire and have your full valid license with you. Bring a change of work out clothes with you. On that day you will do the written test and prescreen. If you pass that you will move on to the agility test. For info on the agility test go to our web site baltimorepolice.org or bpdrecruit.com. If you pass that you will move on to Monday.
    On Monday October 22nd you will be back here at 8:00 am. You will need to wear a (males)suit and tie (Females) Business attire. You will be here most of the day for that day also. On that day you will do the written psych test and collect your application and documents. You can get the application on line at baltimorepolice.org or bpdrecruit.com. With your documents you will need the original and one color copy. Only thing you will not copy will be High school and college transcripts (they have to be in a sealed envelope from the school) and your driving record. Your driving record(no on-line verification) and credit report(Full report) need to be current with in 30 days of the day you come. The credit report is not on the list but you will need it. Here is a web site annualcreditreport.com it is through the government. Make sure your application is also completed. You will be here until at least 4:00 pm on that day.
    ALSO BRING A BLACK INK PEN AND 2 #2 PENCILS FOR BOTH DAYS.

If you need a place to stay here are two hotels we work with.
    The first is Sleep Inn 410-779-6166. Give them the code of LCOPS and tell them why you need the rooms. They are about $80 a night.
    The other one is Holiday Inn express 410-400-8045 also tell them why you need the room. They are about $99 a night.
    Both are next to each other and are with in walking distance to our building.
    DE and aj_singh like this.

Forum Member

The Wire was a great show.

Forum Member
    Baltimore City is no joke, you will see more action in 5 years than most cops will see in a career.

Good department, just be prepared to work.

DENIED!
    How to get arrested or hurt 101.

Goodluck!

Forum Member
    Wow, good luck, hairy place ...lots and lots of action, and many ways to get jammed up.

All my suggestion is to go down to Baltimore talk to the cops there. If you are a Leo maybe you can go on a ride along. Then come back and really think about it
    Judge Dredd: I am the law! Put down your weapons and prepare to be judged.

The only time you should be looking down on someone is when you are putting out your hand to help them up.- great instructor

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent555 View Post
    +1

Forum Member

Tough place to work but you will learn more there than most other places in the country. Make sure you are willing to work hard in less than desirable conditions before wasting your time. It takes a unique breed to work there. Best of luck to anyone who throws their name in the hat.

Forum Member

I love Baltimore and would work there in a second if I had the availability to move.
    "The best of the best of the best, sir! With honors." - Jay, MIB

perpetual applicant

I am interested in applying, but am wondering if anyone can shed some light on the education incentive listed on the recruitment site. I cannot find anything specific online.
    For reference I have a B.S. in Economics and some graduate coursework completed.

SHU
    Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent555 View Post
    The Wire is the best cop show ever made in my opinion. The guy behind The Wire, David Simon wrote a fantastic non fiction book 20 years ago about the BPD called Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by saone View Post
    I am interested in applying, but am wondering if anyone can shed some light on the education incentive listed on the recruitment site. I cannot find anything specific online.
    For reference I have a B.S. in Economics and some graduate coursework completed.
    One year after probation you can apply for the incentive. You will get about $1,800 a yr.
    saone likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by saone View Post
    saone,

Don't go into this looking for the incentives. The incentive is to learn to be a well rounded cop in a very tough area to work. While the education pay bump is a bonus as the city council can giveth and they can just as easily taketh away. If being a local cop is what you want to do this is a place to go. You will learn and see more in your first couple of years than most will ever see. Pretty good leverage on a resume if you decide to leave down the road. I would go for it. Just my $.02.

Forum Member

This 2-day event will be the last one for 2012. Remember if you have any questions you can e-mail us at recruitment@baltimorepolice.org or www.bpdrecruit.com. Good luck and hope to see you there on October 21st and 22nd. Reminder not all 3 steps are gauranted. If you have applied with us in the past you will need to write a letter to Deputy Major Frederick Stewart III 242 W 29th St Baltimore MD 21211. Give all important info so we can answer your request to reapply. You must wait for an answer from us before you reapply. If you are unable to make this event go to bpdrecruit.com for other testing dates for the rest of 2012.

Forum Member

Hello future applicants,
    The Baltimore City Police is looking to hire 300 officers in 2013. We plan on running six academy classes in 2013, about 1 every two months.
    Our minimum requirements are:
    • 20 yrs 9 months to start academy
    • High school diploma or G.E.D
    • U.S Citizen
    • Have a full valid drivers license from any state
    Our starting pay is $43,136 per year. (Plus Benefits)
    We have no residence requirement.
    Academy is 6 months long and non-residential.

The first step is to take our civil service test. There are several ways to do this.

We give the test every Tuesday at 601 E. Fayette St Baltimore MD 21202 at 12:30 PM and 6:00 PM. Come dressed in business attire and have your full valid License. DO NOT BRING THE APPLICATION TO THE CIVIL SERVICE TEST. You do not need to make an appointment. Go to our web site bpdrecruit.com to download the study guide and study from. This is the first step you need to do. We will tell you if you pass and when the next agility test is scheduled for. Be prepared to be here about 4 hours.

We also do a 2-day expedited process that covers the first three steps of the process. They are the written test, agility test, document review and written psychological test. All three steps are not guaranteed. You must pass each step to move on to the next one. If you pass all three steps you will be contacted at a later date to go to a background investigator for further processing. Process takes about 4-6 months. We will run one of these tests at least once a month. If you go to bpdrecruit.com dates for testing will be posted. Below is a run down of what will happen on for the 2-day process.

On POSTED DATE you will need to be at our head quarters building 601 E. Fayette St Baltimore MD 21202, at 8:00 am, dressed in business attire and have your full valid license with you. Bring a change of work out clothes with you. On that day you will do the written test and prescreen. If you pass that you will move on to the agility test. For info on the agility test go to our web site or bpdrecruit.com. If you pass that you will move on to next day.
    On POSTED DATE you will be back here at 8:00 am. You will need to wear
    Male’s suit and tie
    Female’s business attire.
    You will be here most of the day for that day also. On that day you will do the written psych test and collect your application and documents. You can get the application on line at bpdrecruit.com. With your documents you will need the original and one color copy. Do not double any documents up on one sheet of paper.

Only thing you will not copy will be
    • High school and college transcripts (they have to be in a sealed envelope from the school) If the school wants they can mail them directly to us.
    • Your driving record. (No on-line verification) need to be current with in 30 days of day you come.
    • Credit report (Full report not just score or summary) need to be current with in 30 days of the day you come. The credit report is not on the list but you will need it. Here is a web site annualcreditreport.com it is through the government.

Make sure your application is also completed. You will be here until at least 4:00 pm on that day.

If you need a place to stay here are two hotels we work with.
    The first is Sleep Inn 410-779-6166. Give them the code of LCOPS and tell them why you need the rooms. They are about $80 a night.
    The other one is Holiday Inn express 410-400-8045 also tell them why you need the room. They are about $99 a night.
    Both are next to each other and are with in walking distance to our building.

If these testing options are not good for you we also offer some Friday testing dates. Following most Friday dates we will have the agility test the following day. Check the testing schedule on bpdrecruit.com for these dates.

If you have any further questions you can send us an e-mail at bpdrecruit.com. Remember you can’t get hired if you don’t come and test.

Forum Member

Do they accept lateral transfers from out of state?
    "The best of the best of the best, sir! With honors." - Jay, MIB

Forum Member

I know way back when I tested with BPD I was with another agency. I went through the weekend process and was offered the job. During the process they said that they would look into a modified class and take a look at salary based on already completing an academy. When they called and offered the job they offered a modified academy and met me half way on salary. Not sure if they are still doing that these days. That was about 9 years ago.
    Last edited by manstown; 12-30-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Forum Member

At this time you will have to do the whole academy and hiring process.

Forum Member

Our next two dates for the 2-day expidited process are Sunday February 17th and Monday February 18th and Sunday March 23rd and Monday March 24th. As the year goes on the dates will be added to the web site bpdrecruit.com for ones to follow.

Forum Member
    You should advertise this info in NY/CT/OH/NJ, tons of guys up there trying to break into LE...just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BPD RECRUITMENT View Post
    Our next two dates for the 2-day expidited process are Sunday February 17th and Monday February 18th and Sunday March 23rd and Monday March 24th. As the year goes on the dates will be added to the web site bpdrecruit.com for ones to follow.

Forum Member

We do advertise in those states.

Forum Member

LAST 2-DAY EVENT FOR 2013
    Hello applicants,
    On Saturday October 19th you will need to be at our Headquarters Building 601 E. Fayette St Baltimore MD 21202, at 8:00 am, Male’s dressed in suit and tie
    Female’s in business attire and have your full valid license with you. Bring a change of work out clothes with you. On that day you will do the written test and prescreen. If you pass that you will move on to the agility test. For info on the agility test go to our web site www.bpdrecruit.com. If you pass that you will move on to the next day. After September 1st you will need to get a waiver signed by a doctor to take the agility test. You can go on the web site www.bpdrecruit.com under agility to get the the waiver. Also the sit and reach is no longer part of the agility test.

On Sunday October 20th you will be at our headquarters building 601E. Fayette St Baltimore MD 21202 at 8:00 am, you will need to wear
    Male’s suit and tie
    Female’s business attire.
    You will be here most of the day for that day also. On that day you will do the written psych test and collect your application and documents. To get an application go to http://www.bpdrecruit.com/uploads/1/...pplication.pdf and download it and fill it out.

With your documents you will need the original and one color copy. Do not double any documents up on one sheet of paper.
    Only thing you will not copy will be

• High school and college transcripts (they have to be in a sealed envelope from the school) If the school wants they can mail them directly to us.
    • Your certified driving record. (No on-line verification) need to be current with in 30 days of day you come.
    • Credit report (Full report not just score or summary) need to be current with in 30 days of the day you come. The credit report is not on the list but you will need it. Here is a web site www.annualcreditreport.com it is through the government.

Make sure your application is also completed. You will be here until at least 4:00 pm on that day.

If you need a place to stay here is a hotel we work with.
    Holiday Inn Express 410-400-8045 also tell them why you need the room. They are about $99 a night.
    It is with in walking distance to our building.