Thread: TDCJ and parole

Forum Member

Unhappy TDCJ and parole

I don't know what is going with TDCJ but apparently they are giving get out of jail cards like candy. Our parole office has one sometimes two state cars and a caseload twice as high as what it should be. Some of us cover up to three counties and in Tx that's a lot of miles. Between busting my arse to do revocation hearings and spending more time in jails than in the field or at my desk. I am at my witts end. Is this just the nature of the beast or am I hitting my 10 year burnout at 5 years? Understaffed over worked with little resources to get the job done. As well as see your entire caseload twice or more each month The race to get things done in a small amount of time Waarants close, home plans investigated in 24 hours for parolees who won't even make parole in six months, race to the jail, etc We do have new people in the six week training academy who will not have a full caseload till Jan 13 So can anyone help me see the light at not the train in the tunnel. No other state agencies except for maybe CPS are as a chaotic and short on cars, staff as our The prisons are the money makers obviously but geesh this pathetic for a measly 30 grand a year

police officer (rookie)

Wow sorry to hear that I recently applied to be a parole officer, it sounds like the system is getting backed up on both ends
    My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Forum Member
    Well, your issues with the parole division are not unique to your district office. It's the nature of the beast. You're requird to do so much with no resources and no support. I did the job for four years and now that I left for greener pastures, I wonder how I made it that far. Good luck brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoke12 View Post
    I don't know what is going with TDCJ but apparently they are giving get out of jail cards like candy. Our parole office has one sometimes two state cars and a caseload twice as high as what it should be. Some of us cover up to three counties and in Tx that's a lot of miles. Between busting my arse to do revocation hearings and spending more time in jails than in the field or at my desk. I am at my witts end. Is this just the nature of the beast or am I hitting my 10 year burnout at 5 years? Understaffed over worked with little resources to get the job done. As well as see your entire caseload twice or more each month The race to get things done in a small amount of time Waarants close, home plans investigated in 24 hours for parolees who won't even make parole in six months, race to the jail, etc We do have new people in the six week training academy who will not have a full caseload till Jan 13 So can anyone help me see the light at not the train in the tunnel. No other state agencies except for maybe CPS are as a chaotic and short on cars, staff as our The prisons are the money makers obviously but geesh this pathetic for a measly 30 grand a year