Forum Member

FDNY INVESTIGATOR ( Discipline)

I know that this is a FDNY Position ( so I dont know how many people on here will know too much about it) but I may have a good chance of getting this position so I just wanted to see if anyone out there is doing this now to get some more info on it? Thanks

Forum Member
    Probably will assigned to FDNY BITS (Bureau of Investigation and Trials) or NYC DOI (Department of Investigation). Equivalent of an Internal Affairs Bureau. Prepare to be disliked by the rank and file.

Forum Member

its a position with the FDNY..not with FDNY BITS and DOI I know what you are tlking about tho. you are perfectly right , I know if I do get this position I will be hated at every fire department..LOL I dont mind tho LOL
    Last edited by bestbuyer2312; 08-03-2012 at 10:08 PM.

DENIED!
    How do you know you have a good shot at it?

Do you have prior real investigative experience?

If all you are rolling with is a fresh diploma, no chance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTNT View Post
    How do you know you have a good shot at it?

Do you have prior real investigative experience?

If all you are rolling with is a fresh diploma, no chance.

WOW!! I am not even going to answer this. I didnt ask if I had enough experience or if I had everything I need for this Position. I am going threw the Process now. I am trying to see if someone on here has this position. The chief of this unit was telling me about the job but I wanted to see if anyone on here that HAS this title can tell me how it is to them.

DENIED!
    I wish you luck, but I hate to say it... Lots of people get overly excited but get their bubble popped. Don't let it happen to you.

Never ever be confident until you have your first paycheck.

That was my point being.

You are going to be "that guy" that every fireman hates. You are their iab. It probably entails 99% of BS and less that 1% of something real.

Goodluck.

Forum Member
    A buddy of mine does it. Like TNT said, you're going to be FDNY's IAB... going to firehouses, off-duty incidents involving FD, jamming up firefighters, etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTNT View Post
    I wish you luck, but I hate to say it... Lots of people get overly excited but get their bubble popped. Don't let it happen to you.

Never ever be confident until you have your first paycheck.

That was my point being.

You are going to be "that guy" that every fireman hates. You are their iab. It probably entails 99% of BS and less that 1% of something real.

Goodluck.
    Thanks I need all the luck I can get LOL ..I know what you mean a lot of people do get overly excited...I worked for nassau non law enforcement for 6yrs and was laid off so I know all about not counting on something until you are there for a while. and your right most of the job is bs....easy for the most part. from what the chief was saying every body that works under him moves up and goes to other depts after a while( keep in mind the Dept is small and due to every body hates them).. so I may just do the same and use it as a stepping stone.

Forum Member
    We had a guy leave our dept for that same job. He stops still. He told that its pretty easy,they work out of a small office in queens,small group of guys. You are usually out alone just watching. Last time I talked to him he said he was investigating an fdny emt who was going home 3 hours early but not punching out. Hahaha. Good job,good pay. Good luck