Page 1 of 26 123411 ... Last
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Texas DPS Academy A-2013

Forum Member

Texas DPS Academy A-2013

I started this so we do not take away from the recruits going through academy now with our entry process questions. Good luck to everyone in the current academy and everyone else trying to get hired on.

Forum Member

Is the next academy in 2013? I've heard oct or nov.

Forum Member

well the academy that is in right now just started on the 23rd of july. So that means they will not graduate until the middle of December. I do not know if they have the capabilities to run two academies at once. So I just figured it was going to be 2013

Forum Member

ive read in the talk bout the b-2012 that just started in July that the next one is on Jan 15 2013? Ive also been told by a source that the academies tend to overlap each other but the a-2012 just got done late June so the b-2012 did not overlap it. Im just asking because my board is next in line for me. ???
    Last edited by sdosmil77; 08-04-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Forum Member

im a lil excited!!
    Last edited by sdosmil77; 08-02-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Forum Member

The academy start date usually isn't scheduled until a certain number of recruits are reached. Even when it is announced it is subject to postponement. Good luck to you all.

Forum Member

ive also read that 60 is needed to start a class

Forum Member

I spoke with a recruiter and they are shooting for Jan 15 for the next academy

Forum Member

I spoke with a recruiter and they are shooting for Jan 15 for the next academy

Forum Member

Well I have already been accepted. I was not able to attend this academy because I could nor get released from active duty in time. DPS was kind enough to give me a internship after I get released until the academy starts. So, needless to say I am looking forward to that. They did tell me that,it was looking like it would be January before the next academy starts.

Forum Member
    My fiance passed the BI but is waiting on his oral board letter. Hopefully he will be at A-13.

Forum Member

Still waiting for the oral board as well. Hopefully i get the phone call pretty soon.

Forum Member

Keep you confidence up when heading to the board. Be 100% honest and believe in yourself. It is nerve racking but the biggest thing is just to remain calm and think before you speak

Forum Member

Have any of you guys heard from a recruiter when the next academy will begin? I'm planning on taking my exam in December 2012. Concerned about having enough time to get through the process before Jan 2013.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rod7 View Post
    Have any of you guys heard from a recruiter when the next academy will begin? I'm planning on taking my exam in December 2012. Concerned about having enough time to get through the process before Jan 2013.
    I have heard mid January. I believe December will be pushing it for making the academy. I guess it is possible. It all depends on how many more recruits they need for the academy still.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt_21 View Post
    I have heard mid January. I believe December will be pushing it for making the academy. I guess it is possible. It all depends on how many more recruits they need for the academy still.
    Thanks andrewt 21. Hopefully i can make it in on time.

Forum Member

Hey guys, I'll be trying to attend the A-2013 academy. I havent started any of the process yet but will be soon.

I stayed in pretty good contact with those guys that are currently in the academy. Keep those guys in your hearts and keep them motivated for this tough experience that their going through. With us being behind them I'm sure that will fuel them to be more motivated and positive to work hard and get through the B-2012 academy.

For those with questions with the start date of the A-2013 academy, they have posted the date on the DPS website. " The A-2013 Recruit School is scheduled to start on January 21, 2013. Deadline to submit your on-line application to be considered for the A-2013 school is November 02, 2012."

Good luck guys!!!!.....wish everyone well
    P. Gonzales

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzales10 View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be trying to attend the A-2013 academy. I havent started any of the process yet but will be soon.

I stayed in pretty good contact with those guys that are currently in the academy. Keep those guys in your hearts and keep them motivated for this tough experience that their going through. With us being behind them I'm sure that will fuel them to be more motivated and positive to work hard and get through the B-2012 academy.

For those with questions with the start date of the A-2013 academy, they have posted the date on the DPS website. " The A-2013 Recruit School is scheduled to start on January 21, 2013. Deadline to submit your on-line application to be considered for the A-2013 school is November 02, 2012."

Good luck guys!!!!.....wish everyone well
    Welcome back Gonzales, I remember you from the old thread. I am excited about finally getting to go to the academy. I did not think the deployment was ever going to end. As far as the date, I appreciate you looking it up. I have not been on the DPS website in some time. I was just told by the recruiter the night I passed the Oral Board that it would be in January.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt_21 View Post
    Welcome back Gonzales, I remember you from the old thread. I am excited about finally getting to go to the academy. I did not think the deployment was ever going to end. As far as the date, I appreciate you looking it up. I have not been on the DPS website in some time. I was just told by the recruiter the night I passed the Oral Board that it would be in January.
    Thanks andrewt21, its good to be back! I just hope this time around works out better for me than the last time. Well atleast the deployment is over and now you can focus on DPS!!!! Yeah i like to look at the DPS website from time to time you never know when their going to make changes. atleast this time we all have a date we can all push for the last time I think every month was up in the air and nobody knew when anything was going to happen.
    P. Gonzales

Forum Member

Hey guys, I have to share this.........I went back home this past weekend to visit family in West Texas. One of my good buddys over there is a Trooper I did a ride along with him and let me tell you I have done a lot of ride alongs and it never seems to get old!! Everytime I ride It makes me want to do this even more!! I hope I can get the opportunity one of these days to be in that position!!

Sorry I had to share that with yall!!
    P. Gonzales

Forum Member

Anybody else moving foward in the process? How are things going for everybody? Does anybody know how many recruits have successfully moved to the next phase?

Forum Member

Guys, make sure u work out and prepare urselfs!!! The PT they r making us do is INTENSE!! I krossd train for six months prior, and it still kikin my butt!! B12 standiing strongg!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rod7 View Post
    Anybody else moving foward in the process? How are things going for everybody? Does anybody know how many recruits have successfully moved to the next phase?
    I am complete with the process. I start my internship in a couple of weeks. How are you coming along?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcas82 View Post
    Guys, make sure u work out and prepare urselfs!!! The PT they r making us do is INTENSE!! I krossd train for six months prior, and it still kikin my butt!! B12 standiing strongg!!
    What would u recommend working on and focusing more on???
    P. Gonzales

Texas State Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzales10 View Post
    What would u recommend working on and focusing more on???
    Hey guys and gals. For our pt now, I'd focus on sprints, tied in with pushups, burpees, 8-count body builders, lunges, air squats, and star jumps. As JCas82 said it, our pt HURTS and I did insanity with a little of my own workout for about 4-5 months before the academy and I too always get my butt kicked in PT. It's tough, but bearable. The hardest part is getting past the mental barrier, once your body starts to get strong, you'll notice your body can take a lot more pain. Good luck to all those in the process, about to start the process, or have already finished the process and waiting for A-2013 to start. It's tough, but as all the Troopers say, it's worth it in the end and I believe that with all my heart. Good luck, hope to see you Gonzales10 in the next academy and follow your posts too bro. Be safe everyone, and train safe too, you don't wanna be broke before the academy even starts. God Bless.
    -Steve
    I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... Last