Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cobra7
  • 1 Post By Ghost of Sparta

Thread: Police delivering papers

Forum Member

Police delivering papers

My neighbors have been delivered papers a few times now, just curious what kind of papers those could be?

Warrants?

I'm hoping eviction, but I would guess the landlord would deliver those.

Forum Member

I'm going to go ahead and assume they are probably delivering fruit snacks and girl scout cookies.
    HI629 likes this.

Forum Member

Those are notices that their neighbors are nosey.
    Trevloc likes this.

Police Officer

Could be anything from an OFP to a foreclosure.
    "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Forum Member

@Cobra, thanks for the intel, next time I should go over and ask if I can get some for my kids. GS cookies are going up to $4.00 next year, I am always looking for ways to save a few bucks. 3 kids can get expensive.

@Ghost, yes, you can bet you bum, when my hoodlum neighbors threaten the safety of my children, I am going to be your worst nightmare. And if that means getting in your business to get rid of you then maybe you should change your ways. I own, they rent, they can leave faster than me.

@SCSU10,thank you. That helps.The OFP would make sense since there are a lot of DV over there. I am holding out hope for foreclosure.

Forum Member

Newspaper maybe?

Sorry.....

Is it the police or sheriff's deputies? Deputies typically serve civil papers. Police rarely do, at least for us anyway.

Forum Member

Thats what I always thought as well. I am from Mpls. and I've never heard of police serving papers, HCSO, I assumed served.

I am in a northern suburb now. It is the police (black & white), not sheriff (brown).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Civilian View Post
    @Cobra, thanks for the intel, next time I should go over and ask if I can get some for my kids. GS cookies are going up to $4.00 next year, I am always looking for ways to save a few bucks. 3 kids can get expensive.
    If they are selling them at a discount, I'll take six boxes of Tagalongs. I'll pay you back later, don't worry...I'm good for it.

Were they armed? Some cities use CSO's to distribute materials to city council members.

Forum Member

I'm the troop leader, but not the cookie mom, but I will run it by her and get back to you on that City council members Thats funny. I think out of all of them the oldest is probably 23? Some of them might have legal jobs, hard to tell.It is a known address to the PD. I talked to a Sgt. a few weeks ago and at that point there were 30 calls for service in the last 18 months. I made probably 5 of those calls, 2 or 3 DV and a couple noise. I called that night for noise at 1:30 am, and the responding officers called for fire. And someone called yesterday but I dont know why. So we are up to 33 or so.

ETA: not sure if they were armed.They were driving PD black and whites tho.
    Last edited by MN_Civilian; 07-03-2012 at 04:13 PM.