Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dep D

Thread: Where will you be on the Fourth of July?

Forum Member

Where will you be on the Fourth of July?

Be safe pulling back into the thread...
    http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    One place I won't be, is in my town for big fireworks show...dry conditions have cancelled the show, so it will be my first July 4th night off in four years.

As far as the story in the link you posted, I am shocked, but not surprised.

BUT, I had to check it out, so I looked at the official Obama Biden website and sure enough, here's the link to get tickets:

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/...ParisReception

So I have decided to mail a penny and a letter asking them to, instead, keep Parisident Slapd!ck in their country since he's so worthy of keeping company with the French.

The letter can be mailed to:
    Rosenblum Collection and Friends
    183, rue du Chevaleret
    75013 Paris

EDITED TO ADD:
    I just realized that my penny would not make it to France, in time, so it's a useless gesture. I had already decided to do this, but after the funeral tomorrow in Denver, I'm going to drop off $50 for Romney at his Lakewood, CO HQ.
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 06-30-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

We Patrol Night and Day
    Working day shift. I don't get too many holidays off if they fall during the week.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Forum Member
    I will be home learning to pee sitting down so that once it is made illegal to pee standing up
    I will be a head of the game! haha
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Forum Member

Working on mids.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vorkon View Post
    i will be home learning to pee sitting down so that once it is made illegal to pee standing up
    i will be a head of the game! Haha
    lmfao!!!!!
    Last edited by Dep D; 06-29-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieth M. View Post
    One place I won't be, is in my town for big fireworks show...dry conditions have cancelled the show, so it will be my first July 4th night off in four years.

As far as the story in the link you posted, I am shocked, but not surprised.

BUT, I had to check it out, so I looked at the official Obama Biden website and sure enough, here's the link to get tickets:

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/...ParisReception

So I have decided to mail a penny and a letter asking them to, instead, keep Parisident Slapd!ck in their country since he's so worthy of keeping company with the French.

The letter can be mailed to:
    Rosenblum Collection and Friends
    183, rue du Chevaleret
    75013 Paris
    Parisdent Slapd!ck is too funny... Go Chief!!!!!!!!

Senior Veteran

Barbecuing on my deck with a cold beer, wishing I could be on duty working again in South Central Los Angeles.
    Retired

L-1
    Forum Member

Watching the Neighborhood Cautiously

For the past 18 years that I've lived here, the city has shut down an 85 square block area surrounding my neighborhood to vehicles on the 4th of July for a giant block party. Around 100,000 people from around Southern California drive as close as they can to the city, find a parking spot and then take a cab to the beach, where they descend upon us like locust. For the entire afternoon and evening we are subjected to loud stereos, screeming teens and adults, the smell of stale beer spilled in the gutter, drunks passed out in our yards, etc. http://forums.officer.com/t149319/ (Happy 4th of July From Newport Beach (W/ Photos))

This year the local PD has decided they will not shut down the streets to vehicle traffic. Instead it will be a free for all. Apparently the thought is that's its the middle of the week so there won't be a big crowd or major problems like before. No one is sure what to make of this.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Salty Dog

Obama is a traitor.

I will be off on the Fourth, on worker's comp recovering from a ruptured triceps tendon. It happened on Memorial Day weekend and I won't be back until after Labor Day. Before you think it's cool to have the summer off, I can't bend my left arm at all, which means no flying, no motorcycle, no guitar - basically the things I really am passionate about and need as part of life are off the table for four months or so.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

SHU
    Forum Member
    Sleeping late, drinking beer and watching tv. Basically heaven.

G-14 Classified
    When is the Fourth of July?
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

According to Bob Costas, Sandusky's penis raped those boys, not Sandusky.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    When is the Fourth of July?
    Its that special day known best by people in France obviously

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    I will be firmly entrenched in the inner city here in Greater Rock Springs, Wyoming, where men are men and, well, sheep are sometimes nervous. Just sayin.

I may fire up the gril. I may drink an ice cold adult beverage but one thing I will never do again, is done a sweaty, stinky ballistic vest on one of the hottest days of the year. You guys be careful and watch their friggin hands.

God bless America.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Forum Member

I'll do what I always do since I retired, stay home. tend to my garden, work in my yard and drink a few ice cold Coronas. heck maybe quite a few.. Just another day as far as I'm concerned...
    Retired LASD

Forum Member

Got informed today, or as my Sgt. said, volunTOLD, I'm working the 4th. Sh## rolls down hill all the way to my rookie status lol.

Forum Member

^^^ Thank heavens I passed that one long ago. ^^^

My rotation this year actually has me off on the 4th. Which as luck would have it it my only love's birthday. I will actually be able to enjoy a nice grilled steak dinner and many attempts to pamper her every whim and fancy.

I have tried repeatedly to convince her that the awesome fireworks display put on by the City of Fort Worth anually has actually been paid for, by me, in honor of her birth. She usually responds with one of those, " Something stinks in Denmark looks."

Forum Member

Oh I didn't mention it's my day off too. At least it's overtime I guess.

Forum Member
    Night shift patrol.....one fireworks call after another with a few drunken domestics sprinkled in here and there.

Forum Member

Well, I just got off shift and ended up celebrating this great country's Independence Day by processing 2 Mexicans and a Salvadoran for deportation. Not a bad way to celebrate in retrospect, I suppose.

Forum Member
    Full moon....
    First of the month....
    Fourth of July....

JOB SECURITY!

Almost time to get busy...y'all be careful tonight.

Forum Member
    I was going to be at home watching the old lady cook on the grill. Got called out for work and just got home. My day is pretty much shot, but it only sucks until payday.

Forum Member

Worked traffic for the parade...

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    I'll be dipped if I ever go to San Diego again for the fireworks!
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Forum Member
    We were busy... I was happy about something though... All fireworks including sparklers were banned this year. Private, professional it didn't matter banned...

You may have heard about a fire or two...

Anyway we started receiving fireworks complaints, went... rural area... People were getting their flashes and bangs the old fashioned way... Semi automatic gunfire

No alcohol, or drugs, just good folks practicing on Independence Day!!!

Love Colorado...
    Last edited by Dep D; 07-06-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    mayburymh likes this.