• 1 Post By HotSoup
  • 5 Post By Dingo990
  • 4 Post By Dingo990
  • 2 Post By phillydog07
  • 1 Post By Wile E Coyote

Thread: Mom Says Teacher Had Students Slap Her Son

Sergeant

Mom Says Teacher Had Students Slap Her Son

Please tell me that I' am right that teachers ARE to protect children while they are at school NOt give orders to hit a child.

Mom Says Teacher Had Students Slap Her Son
    By ABC News | ABC News Blogs – 1 hour 57 minutes ago

A mother of a 6-year-old boy says her son was slapped by each of his classmates on the orders of their teacher as a form of discipline.

Aiden Neely was accused of being a bully at his school, Salinas Elementary School, near San Antonio, Texas. His kindergarten teacher came up with a creative way to put an end to the alleged bullying. The teacher is accused of having 24 other students in the class line up and slap Neely one-by-one.

"He was hit on the head, in the face, on the back. And all the kids hit him twice," said Amy Neely, the boy's mother. "He had friends in that class, and friends didn't want to hit him, but the teacher instructed them to hit him."

The incident occurred in early May, but Neely was not informed about it until weeks later when the principal called.

"The teacher told him not to tell us," said Neely. "My stomach was in knots. It was horrible."

The Judson Independent School District fired the teacher accused of hatching the most unusual anti-bullying lesson. She has been charged, along with another teacher who allegedly failed to report the incident, with a misdemeanor, according to the chief of the school district's police.

District officials have not identified either teacher.

"We are doing everything we can to make sure that these kinds of incidents don't happen again," said district spokesman Steve Linscomb.

The misdemeanor charge is official oppression. In Texas, it amounts to a public servant who misuses their position. It's not enough for Neely, who wants to make sure the teacher can never step foot inside another classroom again.

"I just want to make sure that she isn't able to teach again," said Neely. "I just want to make sure that justice is served for Aiden."

Also Read
    County Boy At Heart Law Man By Profession

Forum Member

I"m all for her being fired and charged but Mom needs to start dealing with her bully son
    Street_Cop50 likes this.

Forum Member

^What this guy said. It seems like the parents of misbehaving children are always for slapping everyone else with the harshest punishment available, but tend to let their own children off on everything.

Forum Member

Maybe her kid shouldn't be a jackass

Forum Member

I think the teacher was sending the perfect message to the class, if one person in society is terrorizing everyone else, then the majority should stand up and put him in his place.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CompScientist View Post
    She ordered the code red.
    HA!
    they need more emoticons on this thing..
    perhaps a Jack Nicholson face would be a little priceless.
    "Visualize what you want out of life and think big. Don’t feel undeserving. We're all deserving of living our dreams—some of us realize it and some don't. You’re not doing anyone any favors by living small. Embrace these truths and step up. The world is waiting." –Jillian Michaels

Forum Member

When I was a kid ('60's) a certain amount of summary corporal punishment by teachers was allowed unless you denied the offense and no teacher or staff member had personally witnessed it, in which case your parents would get a call for permission. If the parents didn't permit an ordinary paddling the school thought was justified, you would be sent home instead of getting paddled, and there would be a conference involving parent, teacher, and principal before you were allowed to return.

In my school the shop teacher had unofficially instituted the rarely-used but notorious paddling line, in which each other student (maybe 25 students or so) was to take a whack on the backside of the offender. This was typically used for egregious safety violations with power tools or other dangerous gear such as torches. The reasoning was that in shop class you could seriously endanger yourself and others if you didn't toe the line about safety. You could refuse the paddling line and go home instead, but you'd lose respect that way, and you'd have to deal with your parents about the matter. It happened maybe once a semester and the kids weren't allowed to hit too hard at risk of having to go next.

No-one was required to participate and the practice continued until corporal punishment was outlawed in the '70s.
    Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 08-18-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Gopher Fan!

sanitizer and Wile E Coyote like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CompScientist View Post
    She ordered the code red.
    Look, pal, she eats breakfast 300 yards from 4,000 Cubans who are trained to kill her. So don't think for one minute you can come down here and flash your ASB card and intimidate her!
    sanitizer likes this.

Forum Member
    What the teacher should have did was take little bully boy in the hall way have him touch his toes,
    and with a firm grip on a stiff board fired his *** up with 3 licks and ended the problem..

But eh what ever, fire the teacher is good too!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Forum Member

If you could get an honest answer, I would bet every teacher you would talk to would admit they have looked the other way when a bully got his comeuppance on a schoolyard playground. Her only fault was her "organization" skills....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    I"m all for her being fired and charged but Mom needs to start dealing with her bully son
    Remember back in the day, when a kid would get in trouble at school and the first thing a parent would do is ask the kid "What did you do?" Nowadays, it seems most parents skip that part and go right to the whole "the school / teacher / principal are evil and must be dealt with. My precious snowflake...."