Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SCSU74
  • 1 Post By NORCOCOP
  • 1 Post By TheChickCop

Thread: Duty belt knife

Forum Member

Duty belt knife

I seen an officer with a knife that i think slid into his duty belt. I dont know if the holder was on his duty belt or what. I also don't know the officer and didn't have time to ask him about it.

It was almost like at an angle and he pulled up and there it was. I know im not very good at describing.

Any ideas what style it would be or where I could look for one. I carry one in my pocket, but this was seems better for a tactical advantage.
    Last edited by TheChickCop; 05-25-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Forum Member

This?

Forum Member

YES.....thank you!

Forum Member

Kabar TDI knife.

There are a handful of different styles and variations. You can pick them up from multiple sources online, such as Ebay, Amazon, etc.

St. Cloud Proud!
    be careful with these, make sure they are hidden well behind mag pouch or radio or whatever. If you can see the handle you run a risk of someone grabbing it from you or losing it during a fight. They have 0 retention FWIW
    SHU likes this.
    In Valor there is hope

Forum Member
    Chick, I think I have one laying around if you are interested. Could use a sharpening but is in good shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceridwen View Post
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowwhy View Post
    Chick, I think I have one laying around if you are interested. Could use a sharpening but is in good shape.

How much??? Private message me.....I go to work tomorrow morning but will try and check this forumn during the weekend. Messaging me works the best though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    be careful with these, make sure they are hidden well behind mag pouch or radio or whatever. If you can see the handle you run a risk of someone grabbing it from you or losing it during a fight. They have 0 retention FWIW

Thanks for the advice...There is a lot of knives were I work...I figure I should try an get an easily accessible one. I will try and hide it behind my mag pouch though.....I may have to switch from an outer carrier vest to under the shirt depending on how the knife goes. Well, and if i get it lol. THANKS. I currently carry a foldable H&K benchman (i think).

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChickCop View Post
    How much??? Private message me.....I go to work tomorrow morning but will try and check this forumn during the weekend. Messaging me works the best though.
    Your inbox is full. I will send you a pic of the knife later if you want, just send me your email. It has a retention sheath so it won't ever fall out, and could possibly be pulled out but it took my SGT over a week to notice I was wearing it, even with inspections.

St. Cloud Proud!
    There is a lot of knives were I work
    what does that mean? I found it much easier/faster to draw my spyderco wave out of left front pocket than the TDI. where do you carry your folder now? Another option may be to carry it in the trauma pouch in you get a concealable vest
    In Valor there is hope

BadCompany
    The TDI was designed to use as a defensive knife, has a draw like a pistol out of the sheath. The downward angle of the blade is designed for you to stab into your attackers forearm and then cut and slice up the arm with minimal effort.

I dont really like it as much as my benchmade folder, but it still is a useful fighting and defensive knife. Takes a little getting use to though.
    Last edited by Mack_357; 06-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who wish us harm." ---George Orwell

Forum Member

I carry my foldable h&K in my left cargo pocket (im a south paw)....cuz I have my taser on my right leg....

St. Cloud Proud!
    I carry my foldable h&K in my left cargo pocket (im a south paw)....cuz I have my taser on my right leg....
    gotcha, may want to try moving the knife to your right side, either in the right rear pocket or front right pocket. If you need to protect your gun it will be very hard to access your knife with your strong hand. of course if you get the TDI, you can use either hand
    In Valor there is hope

Forum Member

Does anyone have any pictures of their setup? I would like to see some fixed blade knives on duty belts. I am interested in the TDI. Thanks.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbordr View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures of their setup? I would like to see some fixed blade knives on duty belts. I am interested in the TDI. Thanks.
    I always wore mine on my trouser belt, kept an auto folder in my left pocket, and a locking auto on the side of my mag pouch

BadCompany
    I want a spartan knife, that thing looks mean!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who wish us harm." ---George Orwell

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    It happened to someone at my dept., and we now have a policy that knives cannot be worn unless concealed.
    I have at least 2 weapons on my belt that are plainly visible to the bad guys (gun and taser). I don't really want another to worry about retaining in a fight. I carry a folder in my cargo pocket.

Forum Member

I have a small push dagger I often carry behind my mag. pouch.

I figure a push dagger's handle has much lesser chance of being recognized for what it is.

Forum Member

I used to carry a push dagger behind my mag pouches. It was accessible, reasonably secure and being hidden did not draw undue attention to itself.

Forum Member

Lets not give too many criminals ideas about WHERE to be eyeballing us to see if we have weapons hidden. If they see a thread like this and see several responses in the affirmative they are going to realize a high percentage of us are concealing something and have good ideas about where.

Sorry to preach but some newer posters may not realize the potential of this board as an informational training ground for dirt bags. Kinds of the same as when I get a FB account to get access to the idiot gang memebers who post info on thier illegal activity...
    Officer Z. likes this.

Forum Member

Norcocop....good idea. I didn't even think about this.

I don't carry ANY weapons at all LOL...how's that hahahaha...
    PattRoleMann008 likes this.