Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DEP_134

Thread: Death By Prowler II!

LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG...

Death By Prowler II!

Death By Prowler II!

The Prowler II Rules All!

Dr. Chiang runs Northeastern Chiropractic is a regular contributor to the BrinkZone and has written several articles – with more to come – on topics such as rehab and injury prevention for the shoulders and other body parts that tend to cause problems for active populations. As you will see, Dr. Chiang knows hard work in the gym, so he can relate to athletes and active people who have various aches and pains. He’s the guy I see for my aches and pains! The other day I took my camera to Gold’s Gym and got him hitting the Prowler sled with some serious weight!

I use the Prowler with tac teams I have worked with on their performance/fitness, myself, and various athletes from all walks, and nothing comes close as both a conditioning tool and a whole body strength tool.

It is without equal as a single piece of equipment one can own that covers the full spectrum of fitness. Vast majority use it as a GPP/conditioning tool, and it’s great for that. Very few use it as a true strength/power builder, and that’s a mistake. Pile some serious weight on it, and it’s killer for strength/power developer. I have posted many Prowler related vids here in the past.

Basic drag sleds are great, but the Prowler sled is a drag sled on steroids! Some of the uses/benefits are:

• GPP Work
    • Injury Rehabilitation
    • Strength Training
    • Prehabilitation
    • Increased Work Capacity
    • Hypertrophy
    • Starting Strength
    • Acceleration Strength
    • Strength Endurance

Personally, I tend to rotate it in my own program depending on the goal of the day. It also allows for a lot of variety. It’s tough to say with the Prowler do X weight for X distance types recs as people (obviously) have different strength and or conditioning levels, but also, depends on the surface the prowler is being used on. Makes a huge difference to the level of resistance if its turf, black top, rubber gym flooring, etc.

On a conditioning/GPP focused day, I may push for speed using lighter weight down using the high handles, and back using the low handles X 3 cycles. That’s a simple and tough workout, at least for me…
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Forum Member

Deleted...
    Last edited by jd08; 09-30-2013 at 04:58 PM.

LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG...
    Quote Originally Posted by jd08 View Post
    Just had my first experience with the prowler during crossfit the other day. I can honestly say I've never exhausted my legs like that before. I regularly do all kinds of firefighting related endurance workouts, but the prowler chewed me up and spit me out...
    As I have said many times, the Prowler rules all. Once you have had your *** kicked by it, everything else seems trivial. It's almost a primal experience when you start pushing max poundage.
    - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Forum Member

We use the prowler (Ours is made by Rogue Fitness and is called the Westside Butcher) every weekend. We have shift workouts Sat/Sun and we have smaller sleds we pull also. We were putting together a workout on Thursday and I asked the guys "Do you want an easy workout or a hard workout?" They all said hard... I pointed to the prowler. We went straight from the prowler to box jumps to jump rope... Those were the exercises in the circuit. Horrible, horrible, but incredible workout!

Forum Member

This is your product, right WillBrink? Saw it being used in the Fox reality show "The Academy" season 3, which focuses on academy training for Orange County Fire Authority. In the particular scene it was showing the Captain who is in charge of the class at home with his family. The captain's son was using it for his training in football.

Thought that was cool if this is indeed your product, and just wanted to let you know if you weren't aware of it being shown in that particular show.

Last edited by Ignite; 08-27-2012 at 12:34 AM.

LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    This is your product, right WillBrink? ]
    Nope. Wish it was. Made by EliteFTS. I'm a big fan of Prowler and probably best known for using it.
    - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Nope. Wish it was. Made by EliteFTS. I'm a big fan of Prowler and probably best known for using it.
    Oh ok, I just knew you had posted about it several times. I was under the impression you were kind of trying to promote it because it was yours

LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    Oh ok, I just knew you had posted about it several times. I was under the impression you were kind of trying to promote it because it was yours
    I promote it because I think it's probably the single best strength & conditioning tool that exists.
    - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Forum Member
    I promote it because I think it's probably the single best strength & conditioning tool that exists.
    That is quite a statement. I assume that you mean strength and conditioning COMBINED?

LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG...
    Quote Originally Posted by brownj21 View Post
    That is quite a statement. I assume that you mean strength and conditioning COMBINED?
    Either or bro. I have found nothing that will work all energy systems as the Prowler can. Most use it for conditioning/GPP and fail to use it for strength/power. Hence, above vid where I have people using max weight for short distances. For shear whole body training, the Prowler rules all in my experience and has no equal as a stand alone tool for strength & conditioning.

I'm sure you have used one for GPP/conditioning type workouts. Have you used it for maximal power/strength generation?

No matter what condition you think you're in, the Prowler will add a dimension of pain and suffering I have yet to find/experience in any other single tool.

Your mileage may vary
    - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Forum Member

no gym needs one of these

LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG...
    Quote Originally Posted by DEP_134 View Post
    no gym needs one of these
    All gyms would benefit from a Prowler.
    - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Forum Member

All gyms would benefit from a Prowler.
    i dont know what happened....that post was suppose to read my gym needs one of these
    WillBrink likes this.

LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG...
    Quote Originally Posted by DEP_134 View Post
    i dont know what happened....that post was suppose to read my gym needs one of these
    All good.
    - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com