Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CIA Police

Forum Member

CIA Police

Any word on these guys hiring again? Word is that Panetta clipped them bad on his way out the door.
    This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Forum Member

I talked to a few of my contacts from the agency when a friend of mine from NSA Police wanted to go over there and they said they had a freeze on hiring. They were unsure for how long. This was maybe two months ago.

Forum Member

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this position isn't even listed on they're website anymore.
    NYPD Exam 3309
    91.7XX%

Forum Member

How is Morale on their Dept.?

Forum Member

its a secret lol
    0726093 and flics1226 like this.

Forum Member

Yea man, must be, not a peep.

Forum Member

Anyone know anything about this?
    Last edited by DeSantis07; 04-30-2014 at 06:09 PM.

One Night In Bangkok
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSantis07 View Post
    Anyone know anything about when or how these guys hire. On their recruitment paper they specifically ask for Marine Security Guards. Does anyone know if this is really the case? Any info would be wonderful.
    It doesnt say that on the website:

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportun...e-officer.html

•Must be a US Citizen
    •Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment
    •Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
    •Must possess a valid Driver's License
    Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; however prior military, police or security experience is preferred. An associate's or bachelor's degree, in Criminal Justice or a related field, from an accredited college or university will be accepted in lieu of extensive experience
    •Must have no record of felony convictions or domestic violence
    •Must be physically and psychologically fit. All candidates are required to successfully complete the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) with a minimum score of 25%. FLETC PEB requirements can be found at fletc.gov.
    I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.

Tinfoil Hat Engineer
    Anyone know anything about when or how these guys hire. On their recruitment paper they specifically ask for Marine Security Guards. Does anyone know if this is really the case? Any info would be wonderful.
    They have said that such experience is helpful but it has never been required.

Simply put they are looking for folks who can work fixed posts and who have the ability to remain focused on what could be viewed by some as a mundane assignment. Some aspects of the Security Protective Service (SPS) are akin to what the USSS Uniformed Division and other uniformed 0083 jobs with the Fed do- fixed posts and a responsive focus. Yes, there is more to these jobs than that, but the majority of new hires will work fixed posts.

Go to the recruitment page (click refresh if you have been there before to clear the cache) and read what the job is and what they are looking for. Submit your online resume and answer the assessment questions.

In brief: if selected for a test/interview you will show up at the apportioned time and will receive a briefing in general about the agency. You will then take the applicable test and if you pass- they may interview you on the spot. Following that you will need to complete several steps (medical, security clearance, etc) and if selected you will be given an Entrance on Duty (EOD) date. Initial training is the same for all 0083’s (Police Officers) with agency specific follow-on training when you graduate FLETC.

Bear in mind that if you are selected for the test and interviews they will have you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). While this does not prevent you from saying a word about the process or your general duties (or those briefed to you at the interview); it does cover some OPSEC issues. Due to this there is a cutoff point as to what you will see online in regards to these jobs.

Also, as the recruitment page notes- be cognizant of who you tell about your application. While SPS is not a classified position- you need to appreciate this caveat.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSD View Post
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Forum Member

Last edited by DeSantis07; 04-30-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Forum Member

i actually applied and tested, then 2 weeks later did the writing assessment. about a month after that i got a letter in the mail saying they will contact me with the next step. a week after i got that letter, i got another saying i will not be proceeding in the hiring process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dh3521 View Post
    i actually applied and tested, then 2 weeks later did the writing assessment. about a month after that i got a letter in the mail saying they will contact me with the next step. a week after i got that letter, i got another saying i will not be proceeding in the hiring process.
    Did they give you justification for the reasoning?
    Last edited by DeSantis07; 04-30-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Forum Member
    I meet some guys in my FLETC class from CIA, DIA, NSA, etc...all pretty good people.

The CIA instructors at FLETC were the best, really smart guys who knew their stuff.

IMO...one of the better 0083 gigs, you will have more diverse opportunities and well funded agency for obvious reasons

Tinfoil Hat Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by UD4LIFE View Post
    I meet some guys in my FLETC class from CIA, DIA, NSA, etc...all pretty good people.

The CIA instructors at FLETC were the best, really smart guys who knew their stuff.

IMO...one of the better 0083 gigs, you will have more diverse opportunities and well funded agency for obvious reasons
    And of note- the last UPTP Honor Grad was SPS.
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.

Tinfoil Hat Engineer
    While I understand it is not a requirement nor a guarantee of anything, it does state in their recruiting PDF that they "prefer" MP's and Marine Security Gaurds, as far as military experience is concerned.

My questions is, if anyone has experience in the matter of their recruitment, do you feel that this is a truthful statement? Meaning this is something the do look for in the recruitment process and possibly even "prefer".

(I cannot post links yet so you will have to to the agencies website, search: SPS and click on the second link that is listed, it should be a recruitment PDF)

I'm only trying to be an optimist and understand my chances.

Again, thank you in advance.
    There are several threads on this position- use the search function and read through them- you will find a ton of information.

As noted already- they have found that candidates with specific backgrounds tend to fare better on the job that come with a grounded understanding of that the primary job focus is and such is often demonstrated by having served in those roles before, but it is not a requirement. As you will see-

Requirements:

_ Citizenship: Must be a United States citizen

_ Age: Must be at least 21 years of age

_ Physical Condition: Must be in good health and physically fit

_ Character: Must qualify for a Top Secret security clearance and possess a valid driver’s license

Applicants must have at least one of the following:

_ Military experience (Military Police or Marine Security Guard preferred)

_ Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent

_ Police or significant security experience

Prior to being considered, applicants must pass two written tests. Qualified applicants will then receive a personal interview.

Those selected from the interview will be required to successfully complete a thorough clearance process to include: polygraph examination(s), medical and psychological screenings, and a background investigation as a condition of employment. This position requires a 36-month commitment to the SPS before seeking other opportunities within the Agency
    Source: https://www.cia.gov/careers/pdf/ads/..._SPOinsert.pdf

It’s safe to assume that there are tons of current SPS Officers who were never in the military. Do understand that this is a very competitive position and one that has some unique requirements by way of clearance adjudication. Thousands apply- hundreds hear back- dozens test and a few are picked-up.

The only thing you should “worry” about at this juncture is doing your due diligence via research on the forum and applying if this is the right job for you.

Forum Member

Would it be safe to assume, that an applicant that has all of the minimum requirements but no experience in law enforcement or the military, wouldnt be considered ?

One Night In Bangkok
    Quote Originally Posted by GALARZA View Post
    Would it be safe to assume, that an applicant that has all of the minimum requirements but no experience in law enforcement or the military, wouldnt be considered ?
    If you meet the minimum educational requirement, then apply. OPM does allow for education to be graded alongside experience.

Forum Member

I have a friend who works there. He has been with them for about 4 years. He is frustrated with the lack of upward mobility. Hes involved in one of their specialized units. That kept him happy for a while, but he has done some time there and wants to move on.

Forum Member

Why doesn't he apply for Protective Agent? Seems like a good gig.

I've applied quite a few times for the position, but never hear anything back. I guess my education doesn't cut it.

Forum Member

Police Officer - Security Protective Service (SPS)

Salary: $51,601 - $60,008 (Full Performance $73,922)

Minimum requirements:
    • Must be a US Citizen
    •Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment
    •Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
    •Must possess a valid Driver's License
    •Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; however prior military, police or security experience is preferred. An associate's or bachelor's degree, in Criminal Justice or a related field, from an accredited college or university will be accepted in lieu of extensive experience
    •Must have no record of felony convictions or domestic violence
    •Must be physically and psychologically fit. All candidates are required to successfully complete the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) with a minimum score of 25%. FLETC PEB requirements can be found at fletc.gov.

These positions require a 5-year Contract Term Agreement. Applicants should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, have a high level of integrity and trustworthiness, and strong analytical and interpersonal skills.

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportun...e-officer.html

Forum Member

If anyone has direct questions about SPS or Protective agent, send me a PM.

Forum Member

@OGA, tried to pm u, but it's not turned on.
    NYPD Exam 3309
    91.7XX%

Forum Member

2nded. So did I.

One Night In Bangkok
    Quote Originally Posted by OGA-NSW View Post
    If anyone has direct questions about SPS or Protective agent, send me a PM.
    No.. You failed to ask the magic word...

Forum Member

@ OGA I have a few questions about SPS and Protective Agent also.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last