Thread: PAT training

Forum Member

PAT training

So on Monday while taking the PAT as I came off the fence climb (after completing it) I rolled my ankle. I tried to walk it off, ended up finishing the sit-ups, dummy drag, and trigger pull. However, during the run, after one lap my ankle blew up like a balloon and I pulled out of the run. The ER said it was just a serious sprain, but didn't see a fracture. I have to follow up with an ortho doc next week just in case.

My question is this - I was told I could start doing light exercising in a week (next week basically), but no serious running for at least 4 weeks. I can't retake the PAT for 90 days anyway, but I don't want to lose what I had gained. What exercises can I do that will keep up my cardio and strength for taking the PAT, without blowing my ankle recovery?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

T

Forum Member

I'm going to pass on this one and refer you to your Doctor. As you noted, you can't re-test for ninety days. Do the wrong thing without medical advice and you could really screw yourself up. Ask your Doctor, follow his/her advice. Good luck.

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipCal View Post
    I'm going to pass on this one and refer you to your Doctor. As you noted, you can't re-test for ninety days. Do the wrong thing without medical advice and you could really screw yourself up. Ask your Doctor, follow his/her advice. Good luck.
    Go to your doctor or physical therapists and explain exactly what your concerns are and follow their advice TO THE LETTER. You don't want to harm your injury more.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Forum Member

Thanks... I know you are both exactly right... I am just anxious, I worked so hard to be able to pass the test, I don't want to start from scratch.

T