SSD
    Littering and..?

Stanislaus County Deputy Robert Paris shot and killed

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,3238322.story
    FOX40 News
    7:04 p.m. PDT, April 12, 2012

MODESTO—
    Two people are dead, including a uniformed deputy, while officers were serving an eviction notice in Modesto Thursday morning. The suspect may have admitted his actions online.

Two uniformed deputies were serving a notice along Chrysler Drive around 11 a.m., when one of the deputies called in a report of shots fired. One deputy was shot and killed, and another civilian was shot and killed on the property. Some witnesses reported to have heard 14 gunshots.

Stanislaus County Sheriff's identified the officer who was killed as Robert Paris.

The suspect is believed to be James Ferrario, after a FOX40 search of the area and information given by witnesses who live nearby. He is believed to have posted on a blog site that he shot at officers Thursday, however the thread was removed.

Neighbors in the area tell FOX40 that the suspect is well-known to be well-armed. He has supposedly been seen with duffle bags full of weaponry.

A Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle is also on the scene. MRAP vehicles are typically used in military conflicts and are specifically designed to withstand blasts from improvised explosive devices.

There are reports the civilian who was killed may be a locksmith. It is normal for a locksmith to go with deputies on an eviction notice to change the locks. Witnesses say they saw a person try to drill the door of the home when the shooting started.

FOX40 spoke with a former SWAT officer, Ed Tatosian, who gave some insight into situations like this. Tatosian told FOX40 that officers and deputies on scene focus on the task at hand, which is to resolve the standoff without any further violence.

Tatosian aslo said that in situations like this, a rotation is established to keep officers and deputies

A process server told FOX40 he had tried to serve an eviction notice on this home a few times before, but was never successful, never able to physically hand the notice to person living there. At that point, the deputies were called out to serve the notice. The process server also told FOX40 that the suspect has at least two surveillance cameras pointing to the front door so he can see who is there.

The Stanislaus County Sheriff, Adam Christianson, shared his frustration that because of recent budget cuts and cuts to his department, “I am overwhelmingly frustrated that we don’t have the resources to protect the community.”

"This is another dark day for law enforcement and public safety here in California, especially Stanislaus County," said Christianson.

The Sheriff also said he does not believe at this time that the deputies returned fire at the suspect.

"We don’t know anything about (the suspect). We don’t know what the motive is behind this shooting," said Christianson. "All we know is that we have two people dead. One of my valued members of my team is dead."
    Horrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to Deputy Paris' family and coworkers.

ODMP: http://www.odmp.org/officer/21225-de...f-robert-paris
    Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Sergeant
    Prayers to Officer Paris family and friends. R.I.P. Sir.
    County Boy At Heart Law Man By Profession

Forum Member
    RIP Deputy Paris