Thread: MHP class 61

Forum Member

MHP class 61

Has anyone heard when they plan to have class 61?

Forum Member

.......lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by headonstraight View Post
    .......lol
    ?

Forum Member

"Are they gonna have a class?"

I'm not laughing at your downsouthdep, but I don't even pay attention when people bring this topic up. It's nothing but rumors that contradict one another.

I'm not sure why but from what I've been told and what I've experienced in the past, it is like that every year. Troopers and admins deny deny deny that there will be a class for the next 5 years then all of a sudden they have one. I'm not sure why it's so secretive but they keep a tight lid on it then everyone out there pretends like THEY have the "inside info" on the next class.

Everyone says oh my buddy, he's a trooper, he said such n such, then another person with a "trooper buddy" says the opposite blah blah blah (as if troopers on patrol are in the inside loop with the class planning and legislation, budgeting etc).

Last I heard, some one told me that the state of MS just sold a jet to purchase 75 MHP vehicles for the next class but it was contradicted by a bunch of other BS rumors that there wont be a class till 2014.

One month before class 60 was announced, an MHP recruiter told me face to face (at a JOB FAIR) that it would be two years minimum before class 60 would be opened up.

I guess all you can do is sit and wait for the official word. Nobody seems to know what they're talking about.
    Last edited by headonstraight; 05-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Forum Member

Right, I understand all that VERY well from my experience also. However, I haven't heard anything since the last class graduated and just wanted to know if anyone has heard ANYTHING, even if it's just a rumor.

Forum Member

LOL I hear ya. Well if it makes you feel any better an MBI agent told me that they want to have a class this fall. We'll see.

Forum Member

I guess it goes to prove what you said because today a "trooper buddy" told me they are shooting for next summer.....lol we will see.

Forum Member

The MBI agent told me that they are waiting to get their online applications operational before they do another class.

Helper of Joy of others
    ...the economy cant be that bad...