Forum Member

Pierce County Sheriff

Is anyone scheduled for the upcoming test this Monday, 04/16?

Also, I'm curious to know if they are actually looking to fill positions or if they are just establishing and maintaining an eligibility list. Does anyone out there happen to know?

Red&Blue coming through
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky7MQ View Post
    Is anyone scheduled for the upcoming test this Monday, 04/16?

Also, I'm curious to know if they are actually looking to fill positions or if they are just establishing and maintaining an eligibility list. Does anyone out there happen to know?
    I am testing Monday as well. My designated time is 1315 hours. This will be my 3rd time around testing with the Pierce County Sheriffs Department. In my previous tests with them, before starting the test they will tell you their current number of vacancies and also inform you of when they anticipate hiring the new deputies.

If you want to get an answer before the testing on Monday, I am sure you can contact their administration department: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/abtus/...adquarters.htm

Best of luck to you,

-Daniel

Forum Member

I was going too, but I am currently living in Pullman. So Monday at 1 is not a good time and the physical test falls on graduation weekend. It seems Pierce County tests a few times a year so I'll put my app in again.
    Good luck everyone!

Forum Member
    Who else made it to the test today?

Red&Blue coming through
    Quote Originally Posted by badger54 View Post
    Who else made it to the test today?
    Seemed to be a pretty good turnout. I would say at the 1:15 test, there was roughly 200 people. I meant to ask the HR gal if the 14 vacancies they mentioned are for both Deputy and corrections or if the 14 vacancies she mentioned was specifically for Deputy positions. Once again for me the video test and report writing did not seem to be a big deal, but once again I have mixed feelings about how I did on the "reading" portion. If I calculated things out right, in order to stay above the 70% mark on the reading, you can only miss 11 questions on the reading. I hope and pray that I will have an opportunity to move on. Results are now 8 days away! Good luck to all who tested and hope to meet some of you on May 5th! My birthday is May 7th, so getting a passing grade and having an opportunity to take the PT would be a fantastic B-day gift.

Take care,

-Daniel

Forum Member

The HR lady said that in the morning testing that they were trying to hire 13+ deputies, plus corrections. She didn't say the amount of corrections in the morning test.
    She also said that the room held 160 people, not sure how many tests that day, at least 2.

SWE
    Forum Member

I took the corrections test today and she mentioned 6 openings

Red&Blue coming through
    Thanks guys I appreciate the responses regarding the number of applicants they are looking for. If there is an opportune time to get in with them, that time is now! I am really hoping and praying that the email I receive next Wednesday is a positive one.

Red&Blue coming through
    So how did everyone do? I was absolutely elated to find out that I passed this time around. I tested 3 times prior and could not quite get passed the reading portion. 4th time around is the charm. I couldn't have asked for a better early birthday gift. Good luck to all who are taking the PT test next Saturday!

Forum Member
    I got the email telling me I passed the written and inviting me to the PAT.

Red&Blue coming through
    Quote Originally Posted by badger54 View Post
    I got the email telling me I passed the written and inviting me to the PAT.
    Way to go! One step closer. I hope at the PT they fill us in regarding oral boards. I am curious to see if they take the top 20, 30, or even 40 people and put them through the oral board first. Since they are looking to hire 14 deputies, I assume they will put a boat load of applicants through the oral boards but at moment in time we will have to patiently wait and see.

Forum Member

Beautiful day for a run today Lets hope they get moving quickly in the process.

Red&Blue coming through
    Good job guys and gals that were out there Saturday! It was nice meeting a few of you on here face to face. Good luck to all who receive the background packets and get a pre-oral board interview date.
    Last edited by Super_HKS; 05-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Forum Member

Has anyone received their PHS yet?

SWE
    Forum Member

Yeah, mine is due the 25th (for corrections)

M-4
    Forum Member

Yea, I received mine a few days after the PT.

Forum Member

So, to give you guys a little food for thought. I'm top 5 on the current e-list that was since last Aug. I've been placed on a medical hold due to a injury that happened literally a week before my PAT. So i got my call today and i'll be taking my PAT next week. So hope all goes well. i should be moving pretty quick after i pass since i am fairly high on the e-list and that list is about to expire.

Forum Member

Anyone scheduled for their pre-oral yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xjman1990 View Post
    So, to give you guys a little food for thought. I'm top 5 on the current e-list that was since last Aug. I've been placed on a medical hold due to a injury that happened literally a week before my PAT. So i got my call today and i'll be taking my PAT next week. So hope all goes well. i should be moving pretty quick after i pass since i am fairly high on the e-list and that list is about to expire.
    How did you end up doing on your PAT?

Forum Member

How did everyone's pre-oral board go?

Forum Member
    Hello all,

This is my first time on this forum. I just tested today for Pierce County Sheriff's Office with their 0900 group. Did anyone else on here test with them? Also, is anyone else going to the oral board and interview training in Everett tomorrow? Good luck everyone!