Thread: Status of DACP

Forum Member

Status of DACP

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with whats going on with the program. I keep hearing that its being phased out in some places and with me looking to get into the 0083 field, I figured this would be a good step but with the looming cuts, I have been told that they are starting to drastically cut the DACP program....Is this true

ops
    Forum Member
    If it were me I wouldn't take a temp position unless I really, really needed a job.
    Last edited by ops; 04-11-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    The post above does not constitute legal advice, nor should be construed as such. These are the private opinions of a private citizen and do not represent the opinion nor official capacity of any law enforcement agency.

Forum Member

Actually I got my answer today and Its the opposite...There is a big over haul coming and the the ratio of DACPs is going down. The Regimental CG for USAMPS is outlining a change to the MP Corp and its putting ALOT more MPs on the LE track. After 7 yrs, I had given up on LE work as an MP...Make me reconsider my stance on reenlistment.

I know they arent putting any more DACPs on the road. Its more and more MP and I was asking what the deal is and now I got the answer.

Operator
    What IMCOM is wanting to do is this and they are hoping that OPMG gets on board soon....:

Bases with MP BDEs/BNs (Bragg, Hood, Riley, Stewart, Schofield, etc) would be pulling more and more of the road mission and as DACP Officers leave, they wouldn't be replaced... They would stil have civilians in the DES to help run things if we go to war....

Bases with no MP BDEs/BNs (Knox, Leavenworth, Gordan, Meade, APG, Huachuca, Jackson, etc...) would be all DACP with a MP Officer as DES Director and all MPs there would be rotated out eventually and not replaced with MPs but replaced with DACP folks.....

Thats what IMCOM wants.....whether they get it....who knows.....

I was in on the meetings for all that before I snuck off to the USAF.

ops
    Forum Member

I wonder how the information "you received" could be different than mine.
    Last edited by ops; 04-11-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    The post above does not constitute legal advice, nor should be construed as such. These are the private opinions of a private citizen and do not represent the opinion nor official capacity of any law enforcement agency.

Forum Member

I believe there will be a civilian workforce in place for the DES positions but not as many as 2005 levels....Places like Meade, Gordon and other TDA units will not be completely disappearing but they will be more of a LE Det. than a Company size element.

The reason for the big DACP push was because USAG commanders wanted MPs but they could nt be provided due to deployments and operational happens. Soon DACPs were hired to "back fill" but that has turned into a "take over" in some installations. Now that the deployments have slowed down and the dwell time has increased, the push from USAMPS is for LOTS more LE training for the MPs. Some of things in the pipeline is a increase in AIT time for LE...less time on things from the tactical side that can be taught at duty stations (i.e. HUMVEE driving).

The intent of the DACP program was to "back-fill" for operational deployments. It was not intented to "take-over" at places that have larger MP commands (i.e. BN and BDE size elements). I was hoping to get my foot in the door as a DACP 0083 but it doesnt look good right now....some of the places I wanted to work have a hiring freeze with no lift in sight....I guess reenlistment might be the only option right now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ops View Post

I wonder how the information "you received" could be different than mine.
    My infor is coming straight from USAMPS...not word of mouth from this guy or that guy...or from people who are out of touch with whats going on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    What IMCOM is wanting to do is this and they are hoping that OPMG gets on board soon....:

Bases with MP BDEs/BNs (Bragg, Hood, Riley, Stewart, Schofield, etc) would be pulling more and more of the road mission and as DACP Officers leave, they wouldn't be replaced... They would stil have civilians in the DES to help run things if we go to war....

Bases with no MP BDEs/BNs (Knox, Leavenworth, Gordan, Meade, APG, Huachuca, Jackson, etc...) would be all DACP with a MP Officer as DES Director and all MPs there would be rotated out eventually and not replaced with MPs but replaced with DACP folks.....

Thats what IMCOM wants.....whether they get it....who knows.....

I was in on the meetings for all that before I snuck off to the USAF.
    I believe that TDA units (Meade, Gordon, etc) will have MPs in the Kennels and force protection sections from what I was told. But you are pretty close to what I was told by USAMPS

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 31BLaxer View Post
    My infor is coming straight from USAMPS...not word of mouth from this guy or that guy...or from people who are out of touch with whats going on.
    Your Info is from the School house... of course thats what they will say that is there bread and butter....The decisions come from OPMG And IMCOM recommendations come from the school house......
    if the lights go on someone is paying the bill.

Forum Member

I'm just going off what was told to me about the brief to the OPMG...Take it for what its worth I suppose

Operator
    I'm just going off what was told to me about the brief to the OPMG...Take it for what its worth I suppose
    When did this "brief" happen...? I know for a fact that PMG is out of country right now....and has been for the past week or so.....

Operator
    force protection sections
    Those are all 0080s.....

Forum Member

Its suppose be the brief to the OPMG...Not sure if or when it'll happen

I guess theres a new MP function matrix being revised and to be presented but not sure of when or what it looks like...I'd like to see it myself
    Last edited by 31BLaxer; 04-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Forum Member

Those are all 0080s.....
    Not all of them...H3 is still a ASI in the MP Corp and I know quite a few H3 who recently went.

Bearcat, are you still in the know with alot of this stuff?....I keep getting a different twist on some things and was wondering if you have FIRST HAND knowledge of the changes....I get alot of "well, I heard from this guy who knows this guy...." Maybe you can clarify some of it. Some of the stuff i hear is so out dated or biased as well so I cant really get a feel for whats true and whats bloated
    Last edited by 31BLaxer; 04-11-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Forum Member
    Not all of them...H3 is still a ASI in the MP Corp and I know quite a few H3 who recently went.

Bearcat, are you still in the know with alot of this stuff?....I keep getting a different twist on some things and was wondering if you have FIRST HAND knowledge of the changes....I get alot of "well, I heard from this guy who knows this guy...." Maybe you can clarify some of it. Some of the stuff i hear is so out dated or biased as well so I cant really get a feel for whats true and whats bloated
    . 31 what post u at?

Operator

They are still sending folks to H3 School at FLW but they aren't doing that stuff within a DES....they are doing it downrange. I can't think of a post Army-Wide that has Military working in the Physical Security Shop.

I had a bunch of military in my H3 class on top of my AT Level 2 and 3 training at FLW....but not a one of them was doing it for a DES......

Forum Member
    Hey beercan mpinv sounds familiar on the curious cat just a thought.

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedgamewarden View Post
    Nah...2 different dudes..... He was here when dip**** was and they were on different sheets of music...

Forum Member

They are still sending folks to H3 School at FLW but they aren't doing that stuff within a DES....they are doing it downrange. I can't think of a post Army-Wide that has Military working in the Physical Security Shop.

I had a bunch of military in my H3 class on top of my AT Level 2 and 3 training at FLW....but not a one of them was doing it for a DES......
    I see, thanks for the clarification...I just hate the rumor game and I got the answers I need...thanks

Forum Member

Wow...dont get me confused there....not even funny

Forum Member

. 31 what post u at?
    Its in GA...thats all Ill say for OPSEC reasons