~*MEOW*~

Belgian Malinois puppy names?

Well...picking up my Malinois on Monday....a little baby boy born on Feb 17th (my bday) ANYHOW, I kinda like Guinness or Thor, but trying to think of other good names for him...little dark one at the top of the photo.

'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

'Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret' - Dr. Laurence Peter

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/c2c0b78af914c568.jpg

Bigfoot Country
    Cute doggie! But you know they love to snack on kitties, right? Bwahahaha.

OK, sorry. You want to apply the child naming trick, open the back door and yell it at least three times to see how it feels. Thor is good, Guiness maybe less so but it's unique. Or....

Conan
    Odin
    Jasper (my favorite)

~*MEOW*~
    Actually I'd thought about Odin too....hmmmm
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

'Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret' - Dr. Laurence Peter

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/c2c0b78af914c568.jpg

Midnight sun worshipper
    How about something in between Odin and Thor: Mjölnir

"All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

I LOVE my ParaOrd .45's
    How about "Dog"?

Seriously, my late father-in-law used to keep it simple. If he had a black dog, it's name was "Black" or "Blackie". If one was mostly brown, he named it "Brownie". A white one was (of course), "Whitey".

He didn't put alot of thought into it.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
    "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Bigfoot Country
    What about Zeus? That yells better. If you haven't had a puppy before you're in for a treat, there's nothing like them and you will always have a devoted friend.

One piece of advice I can share, and I wish I had known long ago is how crappy most pet foods are. Even the supposed high end stuff. My Rat Terrier had way too much weight for way too long but I finally realized that dogs need very few carbs, even the grain free stuff isn't much better because they use potato as a filler.

My two are on almost solid protein and slimmed way down. Jasper, the Rat Terrier now looks and runs around like his puppy days at eight years of age.

Forum Member

Our dept. K9 is a female Belgian Malinois
    Last edited by Till; 03-01-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Midnight sun worshipper
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperST View Post
    What about Zeus? That yells better. If you haven't had a puppy before you're in for a treat, there's nothing like them and you will always have a devoted friend.

One piece of advice I can share, and I wish I had known long ago is how crappy most pet foods are. Even the supposed high end stuff. My Rat Terrier had way too much weight for way too long but I finally realized that dogs need very few carbs, even the grain free stuff isn't much better because they use potato as a filler.

My two are on almost solid protein and slimmed way down. Jasper, the Rat Terrier now looks and runs around like his puppy days at eight years of age.
    We feed our lab a lot of meat and fish, particularly salmon. Baked salmon skins are his treats. Moose and caribou scraps and bones are also very motivational.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Forum Member

I LOVE my Belgian, her name is Mia. Her "mates" name, owned by a fellow deputy is named BOAR. He is an amazingly trained and talented dog, good strong name for him. Your pup is cute! As far as food, Mia is very high energy, and looks "thin" all the time...we have been told NOT to buy food that has corn as the first 5 ingrediants.

Bigfoot Country
    They feed corn to cattle to fatten them up, it just depends on how much someone values diet for their pets.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...dog-food-corn/
    Myth #3
    Corn Is Highly Digestible

As a whole grain, corn is not easily digestible. Unless the kernel is first refined into a meal or a flour (and then cooked), corn can be very difficult for a dog to digest.

As a matter of fact, corn (and other grains) are only digestible to the extent to which they’re processed.

That’s why even though the grain may be listed as “whole” on a pet food label, it’s nearly always first ground before being cooked into kibble.

And the finer it’s ground, the more digestible corn will be. But also, the higher its glycemic index.

However, to the uninformed, the pet food industry’s claim that corn is “99% digestible” can be misleading. It’s easy to innocently take that statement to mean corn has a high nutritional value, too.

Unfortunately, as you’ll see, that is simply not the case.

The Bottom Line

In a nutshell, corn makes any pet food you find it in less expensive to produce. And it does this by diluting a recipe’s more costly meat ingredients.

Kibble is simply inexpensive fast food for dogs. And that’s OK. Because corn doesn’t just save money for manufacturers. It also makes dog food more affordable for pet owners, too.

However, to advertise that corn is included in commercial dog food primarily for its nutritional benefits is misleading — and a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

It may be OK for a dog food to contain corn. However, it’s not OK for a manufacturer to make such outrageous claims about this rather ordinary cereal grain in a deceptive attempt to mislead consumers and to exaggerate its true nutritional value.