Thread: What is a CAL?

Forum Member

What is a CAL?

I transcribe patrol reports and lately have been running across the term "CAL/Cal," as in "CAL was prepared and forwarded to Investigation." I'm unfamiliar with the term and can't find it in police glossaries. Can someone please tell me what it means? Thanks!

Retired Sergeant - CHP
    Have you tried asking someone from the agency that you transcribe for? They would know better what their own reports say.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtCHP View Post
    Have you tried asking someone from the agency that you transcribe for? They would know better what their own reports say.
    +1

CALcuator
    CALifornia
    CALcification
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Forum Member
    Calling All Ladies. Calories how bout some context.
    "Don't make perfect the enemy of good."

There are truths which are not for all men, nor for all times.

"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe."

Frederick Douglass

Wirehead

http://www.acronymfinder.com/CAL.html

Only one I found there was perhaps "Caliber".

As IAM Rand said, context please!
    SCHP TCO

Freemason

I see dumb people...
    I think what my colleagues are saying is this: Police lingo varies from locale to locale, so we don't really know what CAL means in your neck of the woods. Just ask one of the officers in your department.
    MAC