Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S*** just got real!

More Media Bias. Black Marine executed by Police! Really??

The cover of a recent NY Daily News shows this:

Front-04042012.jpg

so without reading the story, you'd think an active duty black U.S. Marine was killed by the police for no reason.

So far in two days of heavy coverage regarding the story in newspapers and on TV, that is the only picture shown of the "victim".

The actual story is that a 68-year old former Marine, who probably hasn't seen or worn that uniform in 40+ years, was shot by officers after being tazed, shot with bean bags rounds, and apparently still came after officers with a knife.

The media is all over this story as the next Trayvon Martin, innocent black man being shot for no reason.

The articles are full of civilians arguing that police should not have done their jobs and just left when the guy refused to open his door after police received a call that someone in the apt was having a medical emergency.

Here's a link to one of the stories if you want to read the "news" story:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1055569

I don't know if this has gone national yet, but it will.

G-14 Classified
    My HATE, and I mean that to the truest sense, for "journalists" increases daily.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

According to Bob Costas, Sandusky's penis raped those boys, not Sandusky.

Forum Member
    Journalistic integrity went AWOL a long time ago. :-(

Civilian
    Yep that's the way it works. As soon as one "racial crisis" starts to fall apart and people start questioning the race hustlers, then they come up with a new one to exploit. Obama's cheerleaders want so bad to get him reelected, and this is the "October surprise" six months early.

That's the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Forum Member

I read the story. In that case an officer was caught on tape using a N word. Then him ( or another officer) shot this guy, after he was tazed. he was in boxers, hands were empty.

A med alert went off. Med alert calls to cancel. Mans family shows up and is blown off by the police.
    bad scene all the way around. Especially when it is audio and video recorded.

They called the man an n word. It is caught on tape. A lot different that travon martin. If the incident is true and they did what is alleged in the article, then look out. I see the Feds swooping down on this/ I also see jesse and Reverand Al paying a visit too.

Sorry, I just have a bad feeling about this one.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCDep View Post
    The cover of a recent NY Daily News shows this:

Front-04042012.jpg

so without reading the story, you'd think an active duty black U.S. Marine was killed by the police for no reason.

So far in two days of heavy coverage regarding the story in newspapers and on TV, that is the only picture shown of the "victim".

The actual story is that a 68-year old former Marine, who probably hasn't seen or worn that uniform in 40+ years, was shot by officers after being tazed, shot with bean bags rounds, and apparently still came after officers with a knife.

The media is all over this story as the next Trayvon Martin, innocent black man being shot for no reason.

The articles are full of civilians arguing that police should not have done their jobs and just left when the guy refused to open his door after police received a call that someone in the apt was having a medical emergency.

Here's a link to one of the stories if you want to read the "news" story:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1055569

I don't know if this has gone national yet, but it will.
    Well, regardless of how long ago he wore the uniform, he still wore it. He was also a retired CO.

I'll reserve judgment on this one but if some of these facts are true, particularly the use of the N word, it ain't looking too good for the White Plains boys.

That part burns me up more than anything. No excuse for that. Even if it turns out that police were justified, how do you get over the public perception of racism and racial profiling when some jack***** uses language like this and it's caught on tape? It makes the entire profession look bad.
    Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
    The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.
    But there is a place, sweet as you will ever know,
    In music and love, and things you never tell.
    You see it in their face, secrets on the telephone,
    A time out of time, for you and no one else

Forum Member
    They (the police) said they needed to force their way inside to make sure everything was okay.

But Chamberlain refused to open the door for them, according to the lawyers who listened to the audio recording. He was angry at being disturbed by the loud banging and by several police cars and fire engines.
    Unfortunately, thanks to our sue-happy society, you can't just "assume" everything is ok anymore and just leave, especially when someone is inside refusing to open the door.

Everything else in the article has "WRONG" written all over it.

True or not, these 2 cases (this one and Martin) are creating even more distrust of police and the CJ system, as well as an ever deepening racial divide in this country.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HI629 View Post
    Journalistic integrity went AWOL a long time ago. :-(
    Yea remember the media campaign to sabotage the Vietnam war?

scandal sells papers, real of not.

Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Army MP View Post
    Well, regardless of how long ago he wore the uniform, he still wore it. He was also a retired CO.

I'll reserve judgment on this one but if some of these facts are true, particularly the use of the N word, it ain't looking too good for the White Plains boys.

That part burns me up more than anything. No excuse for that. Even if it turns out that police were justified, how do you get over the public perception of racism and racial profiling when some jack***** uses language like this and it's caught on tape? It makes the entire profession look bad.
    That's a very good point, and it does change the rules some.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Forum Member

No, he was a FORMER CO. Reads to me as he didn't make it to retirement. I wonder if it had something to do with his being arrested for purchasing narcotics in the 80's?

This was in a housing project. Ever been in one of those? It's full of people who hate the police and freely use words that civilized people abhor. Prove to me that it was a police officer who used it and not a project dweller. Just having someone use that word on tape ain't diddly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
    True or not, these 2 cases (this one and Martin) are creating even more distrust of police and the CJ system, as well as an ever deepening racial divide in this country.
    And you can blame the media and the poverty pimps for that.

Forum Member

+10000

S*** just got real!
    Keep in mind that the only part of the story we are getting is from his son and his son's attorney. So all of the information is extremely biased. If all that is on tape as from the Med-Alert people as the son described, and is really that bad, why hasn't it been released to the son's attorney and made public?

In today's newspaper the niece stated that when she went towards the door of the apt, a black officer waved her back up the stairs. Were officers yelling that in front of their fellow officer who is black? Of course it's possible, but is it likely?

Neighbors have also said that police have been to the victims apt previously for him yelling in the middle of the night and threatening to kill himself. If the police had left the building without getting into the apt, and this guy had killed himself, would we be reading about how his son is suing the police because they left his father to kill himself?

It was a no win situation for the police officers involved.

Forum Member
    Keep in mind that the only part of the story we are getting is from his son and his son's attorney. So all of the information is extremely biased. If all that is on tape as from the Med-Alert people as the son described, and is really that bad, why hasn't it been released to the son's attorney and made public?

In today's newspaper the niece stated that when she went towards the door of the apt, a black officer waved her back up the stairs. Were officers yelling that in front of their fellow officer who is black? Of course it's possible, but is it likely?.
    Or, what if it was one of the black officers? Tough situation and obviously one that requires more facts.
    Last edited by Ex Army MP; 04-07-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Forum Member

While obviously sensationalistic, the cover doesn't appear to say anything inflammatory, and winds up with the question "why?" to invite people to buy the magazine in an effort to learn more about that. I didn't read the article so I won't comment on it right now. I'm waiting to see more about the recordings alluded to in posts above.

I hope none of the Officers did anything wrong and I'm sorry the former Marine's life ended as it did.

Forum Member
    Thomas Jefferson once said that "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." With the constant slanting of news stories by the modern media I would say this stands true even today.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAHokie View Post
    Thomas Jefferson once said that "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." With the constant slanting of news stories by the modern media I would say this stands true even today.
    I only read the paper when I'm dropping a deuce and it's usually one that's been left in the stall.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by semper03 View Post
    Yea remember the media campaign to sabotage the Vietnam war?

scandal sells papers, real of not.
    Or Hearst and the Spanish - American War. . .

Forum Member
    There has to be something more to the story, I would much rather respond to a medical alarm and there be nothing to it so I can go on about my shift, instead of being stuck in a huge stand off where I have to notify everyone else to come.

There are so many other factors that I bet are being left out. I miss Paul Harvey being around to give the the 'rest of the story'.

Hypothetically, lets say this man was threatening 'suicide'... Then emergency officials could NOT leave the guy alone until he was evaluated and cleared by medical personnel. Because if everyone left and the guy blew his head off. THEN the family and public would be outraged because the police/ems was there and didnt do anything. There would be family members of the dead guys that he didnt even know trying to sue the police, ems, fire and whoever else they want to blame. Its D*** if you do and D*** if you don't.
    Last edited by DeputySC; 04-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputySC View Post
    There has to be something more to the story, I would much rather respond to a medical alarm and there be nothing to it so I can go on about my shift, instead of being stuck in a huge stand off where I have to notify everyone else to come.

There are so many other factors that I bet are being left out. I miss Paul Harvey being around to give the the 'rest of the story'.

Hypothetically, lets say this man was threatening 'suicide'... Then emergency officials could NOT leave the guy alone until he was evaluated and cleared by medical personnel. Because if everyone left and the guy blew his head off. THEN the family and public would be outraged because the police/ems was there and didnt do anything. There would be family members of the dead guys that he didnt even know trying to sue the police, ems, fire and whoever else they want to blame. Its D*** if you do and D*** if you don't.
    \

Forum Member

A little biased, but a few more details:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...chamberlain-sr
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 04-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Equal Height Equal Light

Then the cover story would be: "COPS LEFT DISABLED WAR VETERAN TO DIE".

G-14 Classified
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputySC View Post
    I miss Paul Harvey being around to give the the 'rest of the story'.
    The last true journalist?
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

According to Bob Costas, Sandusky's penis raped those boys, not Sandusky.

Forum Member

I only read the paper when I'm dropping a deuce and it's usually one that's been left in the stall.
    That's really multitaskatory of you to read the paper while you're disposing of a deuce that's been left in the stall.

Forum Member

http://www.lohud.com/article/2012050...text|Frontpage

In case anyone is interested in the outcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last