Forum Member

My Vendetta against Bambi (and the rest of the cast)

No, not really, but sheesh!

A co-worker of mine had a death in the family, so I was driving on the two lane highway to get to the visitation. Hours were 6-8pm, and as I'm driving along (before daylight savings time started), I see a deer off on the side of the road about 50ish feet in front of me. Yup, of course, the durn deer decided that was a perfect time to attempt to cross the road. Notice I said attempt. At least the car was still drivable (although the damage came in at almost $2k, thankfully I do have coverage for such events). So that was Bambi.

On the way home, would you believe that at almost the same spot, there was a skunk in the road and no way to avoid it. So you can check Flower off now, too.

Then as I'm driving home a couple days later, a rabbit decides to commit suicide by running straight at my tires. There's Thumper.

Anyone know how I can convince an owl to fly into my path?

Aside from the wildlife, everyone's fine. And no, I really don't hate Bambi (although I was wishing for a truck and a big freezer at home).

Of course, while the car was in the shop, I asked oldest son if I could borrow his car to go to and from work, and he gives me a horrified look and says "I'll drive you". Honestly, you hit just one deer (and a skunk and a rabbit) and you're no longer a safe driver?

At least that's my effort at seeing some humor in an aggravating set of events.
    Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Forum Member
    Sounds like the animals are experiencing something similar to people in The Happening. Keep your eyes peeled for Mark Whalberg ...he will leed you and 2 others to safety after talking to some trees.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire02 View Post
    Sounds like the animals are experiencing something similar to people in The Happening. Keep your eyes peeled for Mark Whalberg ...he will leed you and 2 others to safety after talking to some trees.
    yeah that movie really was that bad. Wish i had read your review before watching it. M. night shama-lama-dingdong is seriously hit or miss, and even his hits are near misses.

It's Complicated
    Also you need to remember...........if you see one deer, there are at least 2 more waiting behind/in front of the one you see........................
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Critter Cop
    Feel free to blame the idiots like my next door neighbor, who feeds the deer because they're "cute." Results in a lot less wariness on the part of the animal regarding human activity - to include cars.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

forum member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Also you need to remember...........if you see one deer, there are at least 2 more waiting behind/in front of the one you see........................
    Oh sooo true. If one crosses the road...........there are two running right behind it!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    I'll never forget putting down my first on-duty deer, here in CO. I called my over 80 mom and told her about it. "Oh my, wasn't there a local vet you could take it to?"

I had to break the news to her that, here, they are regarded as four foot tall rats. Annoying and plentiful.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

Forum Member

Real life Disney movie....be thankful that it wasn't "Dumbo"!!!

L.S.U. FAN (atic)
    Do you have a current hunting license and hunter safety card??.just sayin.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

forum member
    At the rate you're going....you can open a roadkill diner!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Professor of Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    Do you have a current hunting license and hunter safety card??.just sayin.

I'll cover fer' Janey Q's Chief...

Quote Originally Posted by deputy x 2 View Post
    At the rate you're going....you can open a roadkill diner!
    YEA!!!!

Dibs on da' skunk!!!! Yummy!!!! "grilled" skunk's....Yummy!!!!
    From da' land O' nervous sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by crass cop View Post
    who cares....was she hot??
    Quote Originally Posted by mookster View Post
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.
    Currently Being Ignored by

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Stop Staring!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxmV0eDdJU4

I thought this was spot on...

Maybe you're at odds with nature.. ? Maybe these cute furry creatures are actually little kamakazis?
    I'm not small, I'm fun sized....

You're the reason I have Pistanthrophobia.

Where's my EFF You Font on my computer?

Скажите мне другая история...