Proud American

Handgun question.

I have a full upper assembly for a sig p226 (slide, barrel, recoil spring.) That I received along with a complete handgun that I purchased from a gunshow awhile back. I can't seem to find a lower assembly for it anywhere and was hoping someone here could give me a source for finding one.
    "Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition."

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern lawdog View Post
    I have a full upper assembly for a sig p226 (slide, barrel, recoil spring.) That I received along with a complete handgun that I purchased from a gunshow awhile back. I can't seem to find a lower assembly for it anywhere and was hoping someone here could give me a source for finding one.
    Highly unlikely you'll find the frame/lower for a pistol, as the majority of pistols are designed so the lower portion contains the serial number and under federal law is considered a firearm (regardless of if it is fully assembled). There are limited manufacturers that make lowers for pistols (I know of one company that manufactures aluminum frames for Glock pistols) other than that, all I can think of would be custom manufacturers that build "race guns". Purchasing one of those frames would be rather expensive and would usually cost more than a brand new factory Sig P226 pistol.

Good luck in your search.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by southern lawdog View Post
    Talk to SIG and see if they can put it together for you. If you go interstate it will have to go thru an FFL.

A possible source for a frame is JC Weaponry in Vancouver, WA. I know he parts out P250's and he may be able to do something for you with the 226.

http://www.jcweaponry.com/

Proud American
    I contacted jc weaponry and they were very helpful, he told me he should be able to find one no problem. Sig's customer service was no help, as soon as I told them what I was looking for the operator acted like It was a personal insult to him that I even asked!
    "Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition."

Forum Member

Keep us posted. I figured if anyone could find one, he could.

You also might try searching on Gunbroker or the like for a frame.

Other option is to get an old police trade-in and keep the upper as a spare.