Forum Member

medical clearance

hi,
    i dislocated my elbow a few months ago and was waiting medical clearance. i passed everything regarding my process and just got cleared by the sheriffs doctor. the letter that i received said to wait for a call from the hiring department. what happens now? how long will i wait? will i get an academy date? if anyone know please let me know. thanks

Forum Member
    If, given the ops vagueness, anyone actually has the answers to any of his questions...please PM me what you think the winning lotto numbers will be. Oh crap, never mind, my wife just told me they already announced them. Oh well. Next time. Oh, and Mr. ingear....I have no friggen clue. Good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingingear View Post
    hi,
    i dislocated my elbow a few months ago and was waiting medical clearance. i passed everything regarding my process and just got cleared by the sheriffs doctor. the letter that i received said to wait for a call from the hiring department. what happens now? how long will i wait? will i get an academy date? if anyone know please let me know. thanks
    As you have already guessed it doesn't matter that we don't know where you live. It doesn't matter that we don't know what department you applied for. None of this matters because we are cops and we magically know things.

I know this my come to a shock to you, but if you got a G** damn letter saying "wait for a call from the hiring department", then for the love of GOD, wait for the call. What happens now?! Are you freaking serious? You wait for the mother fricken CALL! You will wait all the way to the point of the phone ringing. If they don't want you to not be late to your first day, I'm positive they will give you a date for your academy.

I'm glad I could help.

-Good luck
    "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence...
    Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land... The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, “Baa."
    Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Forum Member
    I find it difficult to believe that you approached a nationwide forum to ask a question you could have, and should have asked the agency in question. It's the weekend, we're getting a nice spring rain here, and I'm in a good mood, so I'm going to help you. First: enjoy the weekend. Second: Come Monday, around 0900, call the agency you've applied to. Three: Ask them the same question you've asked us. Four: After receiving the reply, govern yourself accordingly. I'd almost give you a "Bless your heart" for your post, but it's not quite up to my colleague's standards for such an ending. Close, but no cigar.

WTF? What is with these questions. It will be 4 days. Thats the standard across the country. If you don't hear by then, call repeatedly. Don't listen to these other jokers.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post