Forum Member

Are You Guys Salivating....

Are you guys salivating like I am about the potential Supreme Court decision to rule President Obama's signature accomplishment ILLEGAL?! At a minimum, I'm sure individual mandate is TOAST.

Conservitum Americum
    Why do you think he put all those liberal judges in there? He salted the mine before selling it.
    I don't think we as a people have a chance unless we completely repeal it. Like that will ever happen.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Forum Member
    When is the ruling expected?
    ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    Been kinda fun watching the lib punits squirm and burp and stutter and fart trying to dismiss the whole thing. Great entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    Are you guys salivating like I am about the potential Supreme Court decision to rule President Obama's signature accomplishment ILLEGAL?! At a minimum, I'm sure individual mandate is TOAST.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by OneAdam12 View Post
    Why do you think he put all those liberal judges in there? He salted the mine before selling it.
    I don't think we as a people have a chance unless we completely repeal it. Like that will ever happen.

Read the paper more.... Hell, the LA Times, NY Times, and Wash Post are already crying its a done deal based on arugements.

Its gone.....they are going to toss it all out ....toss in 5 dollar fuel by summer...high unemployment....crappy economy....and Mitt should ride things into the WH........

We Patrol Night and Day
    They are only hearing argument on the individual mandate. If the rest of the plan stays in effect and just the IM gets tossed, it'll be ugly. Plus I'm not counting on the Supremes to rule against it.

Remember, this is basically the same people who ruled it was constitutional for your city to take your property so they give it to a private company who would build something the city wanted.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Forum Member
    I predict a 5-4 ruling. I don't see a snowball chance of the individual mandate surviving and a very good chance of the entire law getting canned. One can only hope but come June we should know for sure.

We Patrol Night and Day
    The Affordable Care Act is a bipartisan plan and one that we think is constitutional,” Deputy White House press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters on Wednesday afternoon.

He also referred to the individual mandate as the “individual responsibility” clause of the bill, in an attempt to distance the administration from the term individual mandate.

“The administration remains confident that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional; one of the reasons for that is that the original personal responsibility clause . . . was a conservative idea,” he said.

Wait... it was bipartisan? The newly named 'individual responsibility clause' which is what they renamed the mandate to make it sound more agreeable was a conservative idea?

Exactly how many Republicans voted for Obamacare? Or maybe it's that in Obama's parallel universe, he and folks like of Pelosi, Reid, and those other hacks are conservatives.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Forum Member
    The White House sure has a strange definition of bipartisanship. And even if it was a bipartisan effort it does not mean it will be constitutional.

I wonder if this guy works in the White House also.
    bizarrosupermanar.jpg

Bigfoot Country
    Quote Originally Posted by FNA209 View Post
    They are only hearing argument on the individual mandate. If the rest of the plan stays in effect and just the IM gets tossed, it'll be ugly. Plus I'm not counting on the Supremes to rule against it.
    I understood that there was a clause so it could not be pieced out, all or nothing. Besides, it's 2,700+ pages and they aren't going to go through it. And how a contributing author gets to rule on it is beyond belief and shouldn't even be legal.

The words progressive and judge don't belong together, it's a contradiction of terms.

Forum Member
    Obama made some really good arguments against the individual mandate.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
    President Jefferson Davis

Conservitum Americum
    The Affordable Care Act is a bipartisan plan and one that we think is constitutional,” Deputy White House press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters on Wednesday afternoon.

He also referred to the individual mandate as the “individual responsibility” clause of the bill, in an attempt to distance the administration from the term individual mandate.

“The administration remains confident that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional; one of the reasons for that is that the original personal responsibility clause . . . was a conservative idea,” he said.

Wait... it was bipartisan? The newly named 'individual responsibility clause' which is what they renamed the mandate to make it sound more agreeable was a conservative idea?

Exactly how many Republicans voted for Obamacare? Or maybe it's that in Obama's parallel universe, he and folks like of Pelosi, Reid, and those other hacks are conservatives.
    ZERO republicans voted for Obamacare. Remember? We were the "obstructionists". I still remember that famous, or should I say infamous, Pelosi quote, "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what's in it."

The democrats are once again in la la land smoking those left handed cigarettes.

Forum Member

Since they got the idea from Mitt Romney, and BTW Newt Gingrich has long hailed the individual mandate as well, that's probably what they are talking about.
    "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Bigfoot Country
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    Since they got the idea from Mitt Romney, and BTW Newt Gingrich has long hailed the individual mandate as well, that's probably what they are talking about.
    Newt favored a mandate for those making $50,000 a year and subsidies for lower income earners so it isn't quite the same thing but when was Massachusetts' version ruled unconstitutional?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    One major difference is Romneycare was approved by the people of Massachusetts while Obamacare was a closed door, partisan, bribe infested and majority opposed bill FORCED onto us.

Bigfoot Country
    It's also hard to compare the two since Obama's edict is 2,700 pages long and few people know what all is in it, including those who made it law.

Conservitum Americum
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleguy View Post
    One major difference is Romneycare was approved by the people of Massachusetts while Obamacare was a closed door, partisan, bribe infested and majority opposed bill FORCED onto us.
    + 1,000

Conservitum Americum
    Supremes not taking Obama's crap.

« USA Today: “More CEOs plan to hire” … more than what?Cookin’ the books? … 2 numbers to watch when the BLS reports tomorrow. »3 pages, single-spaced … due Thursday noon.
    On Monday, former Constitutional law prof and now President Obama, laid into the Supreme Court for even thinking about declaring ObamaCare unconstitutional — either in part or in total — saying he was “confident” the Court would not “take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.”

CBS News reports:

Overturning a law of course would not be unprecedented — since the Supreme Court since 1803 has asserted the power to strike down laws it interprets as unconstitutional.

And, in the escalating battle between the administration and the judiciary, a federal appeals court apparently is calling the president’s bluff — ordering the Justice Department to answer by Thursday whether the Obama Administration believes that the courts have the right to strike down a federal law, according to a lawyer who was in the courtroom.

An Appeals Court Judge asked a DOJ lawyer if she agreed that the judiciary could strike down an unconstitutional law.

The DOJ lawyer answered yes — and mentioned Marbury v. Madison, the landmark case that firmly established the principle of judicial review more than 200 years ago.

Now the part that I like.

The panel ordered the Justice Department to submit a three-page, single-spaced letter by noon Thursday addressing whether the Executive Branch believes courts have such power.

That’s a big difference between academia and the courts … I always ask my students to double-space their homework.