Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sgt. Slaughter

Thread: $$$ Can you say Cha Ching? $$$ Mother trademarks dead son's name

Conservitum Americum

$$$ Can you say Cha Ching? $$$ Mother trademarks dead son's name

SANFORD, Fla. – The mother of slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin has filed papers seeking to trademark two slogans based on his name.

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office filings by Sybrina Fulton are for the sayings, "I Am Trayvon" and "Justice For Trayvon." The applications were filed last week.

The applications say the trademarks could be used for such things as DVDs and CDs. Attorneys who filed the papers did not immediately respond Monday to emails seeking comment.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/26...#ixzz1qGgIUSyp

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/26...demark-papers/
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Forum Member
    Mother of the Year?

I think not.
    M-11 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Tmg
    Forum Member

Your son dies and this is one thing you think off? I cant put what i am thinking on an open forum.
    Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Forum Member
    I wonder if it was Al Sharpton's idea.
    M-11 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Forum Member
    ...people do all sorts of strange / obnoxious things when there is a silver tounged attorney whispering in their ear.
    ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Haterade Distributor
    Someone else named Trayvon should counter-sue, you can't trademark a name lol. Eventually all the Trayvon's would get paid, but nice try wacka-loon.
    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Quote Originally Posted by JasperST View Post
    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    I wonder if it was Al Sharpton's idea.
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Sharpton is a complete and utter fraud. Just consider the Tawana Brawley case.

Given that Zimmerman is a jewish name, and that he is Hispanic w/ black relatives, it just irks me that the MSM has managed to turn this incident into a case of white racism. To me, this case does NOT prove that institutional racism still exists in America. Sure it's possible that Zimmerman was indeed racially motivated, but that does not make him a white man with a penchant for lynching black people.

(I could be wrong about Zimmerman's ethnicity, though.)

rant off
    Last edited by PtownVAMike; 03-26-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PtownVAMike View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    I mentioned Big Al because he was standing behind Tayvon's mother at a press conference. I'm sure he's holding "church" in her living room.
    M-11 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Molon Labe
    Quote Originally Posted by SkepticAlways View Post
    ...people do all sorts of strange / obnoxious things when there is a silver tounged attorney whispering in their ear.
    The HELL you say!
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LA DEP View Post
    The HELL you say!
    Lookie there....it's the infamous LA DEP sarcasm.

C'mon, LA, we know how much you LUVVVVVVVV dem lawyers.....

On a serious note, can the press be any dumber in their handling of this whole thing?